New Plasmic Aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Twilight Man New Player

Just want to go on record saying to SOE and it's Developers skimming this thread...

As a working adult with money to spend, I would easily buy 5+ plus of these Mystery Aura Boxes, aura or no aura.
    - USPS3 member
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

i need this aura so i have something to keep me awake while i stare at chat and can't find any content worth running anymore.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheMysticStar Level 30

Ok, I'm not in the forums much, but the "Booster Bundle" is a great idea. If you're getting the vault tickets, radar enhancers, R&D scanners etc. But auras are a style folks. Out of all the styles we have that you buy or spend 100's of hours and replay badges to get.

Why in Sam Hill would you start paying for something you may not get. Yes, yes... It's in a bundle. Lets be real we need to buy the auras we like, and not in the broker. SOE/ Dev's if you wish make the special aura a color change type. We the gamer's pay you more then enough money year round to enjoy something like this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Playhard Well-Known Player

LOL...DCUO now has it's own Lottery. smh
  5. UncleCharlie New Player

So if I bought the Booster Bundle, would I be able to claim this with each toon I have or is it one per account?
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I've gotten 2 plasmic.
  7. UncleCharlie New Player

Did you buy the pack twice? I'm trying to find out if I buy this bundle will it be only applicable to just one of my toons.
  8. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Received 2 plasmic. Kept one, wasn't really impressed, so sold the other.......cheap compared to some of the prices I have seen on the forums.
  9. WonderValkyrie New Player

paying momey for a CHANCE to get the same auras i already have? no thanks!
    • Like x 2
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I bought 4 all on the same toon.

2 plasmic, 1 blue, 1 dark blue.
  11. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Gamble Boxes are a repulsive marketing strategy.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Still people who don't realise you get 3,000 SC worth of stuff for 2,000 SC with the chance of the aura on top as a bonus.
  13. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I guess those people qq'ing about these "gamble" boxes don't spend $$ on Replay Badges in the hopes of getting that rare style you want for a feat or that rare piece of gear (87). Because if you do it is kind of the same thing. You're spending real $$ to gamble in the end. Same as with the boxes...except this time the thing you are gambling for doesn't help you in the game one bit. This obviously is directed to those buying the boxes for nothing more than the chance at a plasmic aura.
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

I love my new aura. :D
    Glad to see they are finally adding animations to the auras.....let's get a swirly black aura and I may never play another game....maybe...
  15. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I spent $20 bucks in hopes that I would win one, brag about it, then never wear it again lol. Oh well, better luck next time;)
  16. Luckyme92781 Well-Known Player

I got a gold aura. Not buying another booster bundle.
  17. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Please, this is so silly. It isn't being marketed as a sale on scanners, replays, etc. It is being marketed as a chance at getting an exclusive aura. Simply read the folks posting on this and the other thread, and those that have purchased it are either celebrating that they won the aura lottery or they are angry / sad that they lost.

Do you honestly believe that the guy who blew $100 did it because he really wanted a boatload of scanners? Really?

I'm sorry, but SOE encouraging people to throw away a lot of money for a chance at an aura lottery is repulsive. They are encouraging self-destructive behavior for a segment of the population. It is shameful.
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Do you mean 5+ Aura boxes or Booster Bundles?....
    The aura box alone, in the market place containing account bound items would be better. Offering the chance at `1 of 5' or so unique auras in the lottery (but, not the color ones) .That would be far more marketable from a customer experience point of view.
    The 'booster bundle' and 'auras' don't co-relate. Some people will feel forced to buy something they don't want for a chance to get something they feel they can't live without. It's a bad emotional mix, regardless of weather you can afford it.
  19. XP90X New Player

Anbody got an aura they don't want i would be greatful my name on the game is Xx R3D R0B1N
  20. Twilight Man New Player

I've been wanting to have more R&D and Collection Scanners for some time now but have been against spending real money on these "lazy" type items.

The fact that I can get something I actually wanted with extra items I could use and "might" like works out for me in the end. For that I'll toss them some cash...be it only a few times.

I am well aware of what is taking place here, well aware...and no I do not like it. But I can benefit from it to some degree.
    • Like x 1