New Plasmic Aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Jul 24, 2013.

1. ORBIT New Player

ah ok nice thankyou
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This made me wonder how true this was since Mepps had said earlier that the number of sale days were about the same for each side but they just didn't coincide with each other all the time. I looked back at all the sales since February of this year (when the new forums came up - I didn't research the archived old forums). In the past almost 6 months the PC has had 5 sales and/or offers. The number of days for these sales/offers was 10. The PS3 has had 2 sales in that time frame but the number of days for those sales was 14 days.

Overall SOE has more flexibility with sales on the PC side which accounts for them having them more often on that platform, but overall the number of days that sales are available on the PC is a bit lower than PS3. PS3 technically gets more sales than PC if you judge it by the number of days sales are active.

Here's the dates and please correct any that I have missed.

Past 6 months of Sales
    PC Sales/Offers (total days - 10)
    March 29-31 Double Station Cash for any Station Cash bought or redeemed with a SOE prepaid card (3 days)
    April 27-28 Double Station Cash if you buy a prepaid SOE card at 7 Eleven and redeem during these dates (2 days)
    May 25-27 PC Summer Sale - Prices reduced on items (3 days)
    July 4 40% Station Cash (1 day)
    July 11 500 Station Cash if you buy a prepaid SOE card at 7 Eleven and redeem this day (1 day)

PS3 Sales (total days - 14)
    March 26-April 2 Prices reduced on items (7 days)
    July 23-30 Prices reduced on items (7 days)
  3. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

If and/or when it comes to PS3 that is. Currently this is only available on EUPC.
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Cannot Sell means you can't sell it to a NPC Vendor in the game. Cannot Trade means you can't put it on the Auction House or trade it to someone else for a price.
    • Like x 2
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

This aura for 1-2k SC and I would have bought it. But a chance of like 1:8 isn't worth it, srsly. =(
  6. WorldsDown New Player

Bummer... that plasmic aura would just look sooooo right being used on my HL toon. ;)
  7. Albatross Well-Known Player

Lol, that's gold. ^^
  8. Cloud_9 New Player

If those numbers we're gathered the last time Mepps said that (before the current sale on ps3), that would make him a liar in saying ps3 has more sale time. We're only two weekends away from being behind again, though I suspect the ps3 players' negative reaction as of late will discourage that from happening.
  9. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

This bundle and the fact that the plasma auras are random is a complete joke. Yet again, SOE and the DCUO powers-that-be are putting a few quick bucks ahead of the general well-being of the community.

Simply put, the DCUO community would've been more than willing to purchase a Plasma aura (at a reasonable price) from the Marketplace just like many have custom character/weapon skins and styles.

Requiring us to purchase a bundle, let alone making the chances of getting a Plasma aura random is an insult to us. Especially when factoring in the future of auras being offered in styles from Fire to Quantum; not to mention a certain people have been starting threads about since auras were first introduced.

In the end, they should've just offered the Plasma aura in the Marketplace and kept it moving. People would've been on the lookout for other auras and we would continue on. Now people are questioning the direction of DCUO evermore and with the changes coming up with the launch of the PS4, I for the first time are truly worried about the future of DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape over this. It's pretty clear that after the Booster Bundle is removed from the store on July 30th that the Plasmic Aura will probably be obtainable in another way, possibly even by purchasing it directly.

So many people are saying it's a bad deal without realising that the chance to get the aura is a bonus on top of getting 3,000 SC worth of items for 2,000 SC.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I think its because of what you have posted:
    PSG have gone and released information first again.

Posted on Facebook: "Mystery Aura Box – Have a chance at the new exclusive Plasmic Aura!

The box will be available through the Marketplace for a short period of time only. Each box will either contain one of the 7 known auras (blue, golden, dark blue, purple, red or white) or the exclusive and never before seen "Plasmic Aura"! On top of that you get a lot of other cool items! For further information check out our website."
    That says that it is an exclusive, so I don't think that it's unreasonable for people to think that it may not be offered again. Look at some of the other exclusives, the Batman Mask etc, they've never been offered again. Even if this is offered on the other servers and platforms, who says it won't be available in a similar way - a limited edition gamble. I think this might be why some people are not happy or overly negative - because of that little word "exclusive". For many people the package would otherwise be a value for money buy, the gamble for the aura is what seems to be putting people off.
    • Like x 2
  12. Captain Spire New Player

I can see it now, - LFG Need Plasmic aura -

Boy did I pick the right month to take a break from this garbage.
  13. Tman2324 New Player

When might the Booster Bundle become availible for USPC?
    Really like the new aura style, keep it up guys...
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. The Matador New Player

Im still waiting for a green aura
    ( a man can dream ) ;-;
  16. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

:eek: I can't believe I actually got one of these. I'm never that lucky.

The aura itself actually looks pretty good. Nicely animated, and fits well for a Quantum character.

[IMG]
  17. FIYAH New Player

Can you turn the plasm green?
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, you can't change the colour.
    • Like x 1
  19. mollypoppinz Well-Known Player

same here
    • Like x 3
  20. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

You're thinking about it the wrong way. You're thinking of it as, "Why should I pay 2000 SC for a random aura?"

Think of it instead as, "Would I pay 2000 SC for a bundle of vault tickets, radar enhancers, R&D scanners and replay badges worth 3000 SC? Oh, and look, there's a random aura thrown in too!"
    • Like x 1