Sorcery & Nature Revamp Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zpirit, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm downloading now just to look at that. I wonder if it will be faster than any other powers. If it is not, then the change is irrelevant for me because Vine Lash is the best option to be clipped. If it continues to be the best option to be clipped then what effectively changed?
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

I had my wife use the stopwatch on her phone. We start the test with a 3,2,1,GO upon which I cast the power and then stop once she sees the animation from a second power be cast. It's not perfect. We repeated the test until her numbers started to be more consistent.

SG: 2 seconds
    Briar: 2.1 Seconds
    Vine Lash: 2.2 Seconds
    Harvest: 2.7 Seconds
    • Like x 1
  3. Itazuki New Player

Hmm.. I mean glad it's shorter but... That seems like I'll still be clipping it with Bloom.

Awesome for testing btw!
  4. Sore Steadfast Player

I thought it felt shorter than Briar but the timings always showed longer. That said, they're both fairly equivalent. Harvest might be a better option to clip if you're more worried about crunching time and less worried about stacking faster. You can get three stacks out pretty quick now (roughly 7 seconds).

I'm not in game right now. How long is Vine Lash on live servers right now?
    • Like x 1
  5. Itazuki New Player

That's true, Harvest probably is best choice now, I'll have to wait until GU26 to see. Also, wish I could tell you but no access to my computer right now so can't try it out!
  6. Cirocband New Player

So does Savage growth and harvest stack with eachother and would you recommen. using Savage Growth, Harvest, Cross Poll, and Metabolism. Then blossom and Hive mind as the other 2?
  7. Commander PK New Player

Sorcery

This revamp assumes that all polymorph and transmutation’s PIs gone, since they don’t work anymore, and the pets are unified, because the guardian and the fury are like the same pet.

Destiny

Condemn – Fine the way it is
    Shared Fate – Range increased
    Vengeance – Cause damage over time, has an initial damage when target has bad karma
    Polymorph – Need to be replaced, maybe by a shield super charge
    Karmic Backlash – Fine the way it is
    Baleful Transmogrification – No longer splits damage
    Invocation of Renewal – Keep the animation, remove the charge bar and make it work like ionic drain, do small ticks of heal during 3 seconds then a big group heal.
    Weapon Destiny – Can clip dps skills like menace and icebash do.
    Circle of Destiny – Fine the way it is.
    Arbiter of Destiny – No longer polymorph into a bat, the character should be involved in an aura or armor keeping its weapon, the way super charge works stays the same.
    Final Ruin – Fine the way it is.

Summoning

Summon Guardian – All pets are unified in one that just heal or damage, depending on the role its being used.
    Boom of Souls – Fine the way it is
    Conjure Soul Well – Like in healer role it does a bigger tick of damage when a mob dies near it.
    Wrath – Causes heavy damage when target has bad karma
    Summon Watcher – Need to be replaced. Maybe by another heal over time skills, that consumes the golden aura to build bigger heals.
    Transcendence – Cannot be interrupted
    Grand Summoning – Need to Replaced.
    Summon Fury – Need to be replaced. Replaced by an AoE DoT with 9 to12 ft range.
    Transmutation – Since this power’s PI doesn’t work anymore, it should be replaced by a ranged AoE attack that causes bad karma, also should be strong as gauss grenade.
    Sacrificial Offering – The numbers are increased to heal as much as electric’s bio-capacitor at it’s best.
    Life Element – Summon crystal or crystals around the target that explodes when hit or after 5 secs, and heals like an orange barrel. Three crystals around (like a triangle) would be a nice visual effect, the 3 crystals work as one.
    Soulstorm – Work like fireburst causing additional damage on enemies with bad karma, damage bonus increased to 60%.

Sorry for the bad english.
    • Like x 2
  8. Itazuki New Player

Yup, Savage Growth and Harvest stack Pheromones.

The only Pheromones that do not stack are Metabolism and Harvest. They overwrite each other.
  9. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I see some people are just reusing my ideas. lol
    If you can't think of an idea don't post about the power and only post about the abilities that you actually have ideas for.
    That way it does not seem as though we are just spamming each others ideas.
    I've seen at least three people use the same idea i posted.
    It will get is nowhere, so please do not just recycle ideas, we have to keep this thread fresh and alive.

P.s. Stay positive and have a great day!
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

I actually see it the other way around. The more people that repeat my ideas, the more popular the ideas are. That can only help the ideas get taken seriously. What's more important, that the idea becomes popular or that the idea is acknowledged as yours?
    • Like x 2
  11. Itazuki New Player

Someone posted a GU26 test video of Vine Lash. Actually looks pretty decent time now.
  12. thenewkidd New Player

If you had a good idea and people repeat it, it means that it will likely be looked more carefully than if one person looked at it and didn't repeat it.

Plus the thread is 18 pages long.. I doubt everyone is going to read the WHOLE thread just to see if their idea was or wasn't posted.

Back to the subject at hand..
    I don't know if it was posted, but I would like a viable Supercharge for DPSers... the reasons posted in this thread about the sorc's supercharges should say it all.

all I'm saying some of the powers are fine as is, but some powers just need to be replaced, but some of the powers that are suggested that need replacing, I use.
  13. Zpirit Dedicated Player

They both are important, but after 20 people have said it some people might not continue reading the thread if all they see is the same thing written over and over. So, i think after a certain point it starts to make the thread stale.
  14. Ryejin New Player

1) Thank you :)

2) I used to run watcher as dps too when I solo'd, until my gear got a lot better, so it's definitely not unheard of.

3) Correct me if I'm wrong, (I'm still new, and a lot of the information I've read is somewhat older) but the damage multiplier that's taken into account is from the spell that's cast last. Even if the damage multiplier of the new spell is less, it over rides the more powerful previous version. Hence the only one I would change the damage output on is final ruin to 60%, and here's why. As it stands right now, you can cast WoD, then Final Ruin, and then combo, while still getting all of your WoD ticks off. It's only a 5% damage increase currently so not worth it to cast final ruin prior to 35% in my opinion since it hits like a wet noodle over those two seconds, and you're better of using weapon combo in that time and saving your power, but with 15% more to damage it could very well be worth it at that point. Soul Storm's cast time is so long that it's impossible to cast WoD, Soul Storm, and still gain the WoD ticks after that. So it would do you no good. To reduce the cast time of Soul Storm by so much that you could still clip WoD ticks right after would over power Soul Storm insanely. As it stands right now, Soul Storm with red soul aura hits just as hard as Final Ruin does at 35% or at least, very, very close to it. To have an ability that could be spammed for thousands of points of damage over mere seconds requiring only a dead add somewhere to activate red soul aura on you would throw balance way off. I'm not saying Soul Storm shouldn't have it's cast time lowered, it definitely should. Just not to the point of where Final Ruin is currently. And at that point, doing 60% damage with out the extra damage provided by WoD, is not worth the 15% damage buff that Soul Storm would give over WoD. Hence why it just makes sense to increase the damage multiplier of Final Ruin if your trying to increase sorcery damage.

1) Agreed, it's a worthless spell that needs changing.

2) There's a mental power that's 50% SC has a similar animation to our Soul Storm, and does decent damage it's roughly what you're describing. I can't recall it's name, I think it was barrage bolt or something like that. Haven't played my mentalist in a little while now.

3) Again assuming this information isn't out dated, Nova made a great thread about sorcery and how it works. I don't know where some of this information comes from, because it's definitely not on the tool tip, but I trust him, and bless him for that :)

Now https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/novas-magic-mastery-guide-to-sorcery.347/ says that Arbiter grants a 30% crit chance, 15% crit magnitude, 40% crit heal chance, 50% crit heal magnitude and 100% healing bonus. When you realize that the bonuses are much better for healers, and then take into account that you can't even use weapon combos and hence WoD is pointless in this form despite it being our main dps ability it's clear that this was meant to be a healer SC. In fact I will flat out state that Arbiter is >>>>>>> Transcendence for a healer, by a wide margin, a very wide margin, and if you disagree chances are you're doing it wrong. Transcendence to me now has become an ability that goes only on my dps load when I'm in pug groups. It's for those oh **** moments when your pug group starts to fall apart, and you need to try and save it at the cost of doing damage.
  15. Ryejin New Player

I disagree completely. Your much more likely to get people to read the first few pages and the last few, and not much else in the middle. So all the good ideas on page 6-15 are probably ignored, by everyone but the devs. Hence repeating them will get more people to read them, and agree or disagree. For the devs, having a large number of people stating the same thing might jog a fire under their @** to get those abilities changed to act a certain way that most of us can agree on.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I didn't realise that, i usually read every single post in a thread. If people didn't reuse though, there would be fewer pages and less to read, that way EVERYONE's ideas would be heard.
  17. thenewkidd New Player

You are correct on pretty much all counts.. however there is a mainframe socket (the name escapes me at the moment) that you can put into your gear and if you cast a 60% modifier, any power you cast their after will keep the 60% until at least "5 ticks" later..

Which means... FIre DPSers get a very nice 60% modifier plus any other power they stack onto it like Neo-Venom or a Trinket plus neo-venom (iconic) for example and not revert to the 40% that neo gives but keeps the 60%. (Not to say there aren't other powers out there that don't have 60% modifiers... but fire is the first power that came to my head)

So with the socket that I was talking about... that could help out sorcery a lot...
    Cast your 60% and then any "short caster" power after and keep the 60% for the time allotted.

But I would LOVE to have Final Ruin at 60% Damage modifier....
    I cast that often... (even above 35% health) as I most of the the time cast WOD, then Final Ruin (50%) then attack (bad karma) and then Circle (50% and double tick damage), Then attack with weapon some more... if it's a boss anyway. Karmic then WOD, Then Circle (50% and double tick damage from everyone that has Bad Karma)... sometimes when things are on cool down... I live with the 45% WOD gives me... I usually have a Trinket to trigger with it anyway.

Point is, I'm not going to run Invocation simply to get a 60% modifier when invocation doesn't do ANY damage and other power sets that have the 60% get to do damage (with the exception of Nature of course)
    • Like x 1
  18. Bloodartist New Player

Ill repeat my opinion again: I don't want the watcher replaced, unless all pets are morphed into the watcher that will then do all the jobs depending on role. This is because while the others look crap, the watcher looks like a clone of Emerald Eye of Ekrom which is perfect for a sorcery perma pet.

I would also like to retain the condition and interaction of polymorphing people, because it is actually suitable for the sorcery character. This even if the ability polymorph itself is actually removed.
  19. Zpirit Dedicated Player

If they were to morph all of the Sorcery pets into one then they would have to rename the tree seeing as one powers shouldn't be enough to have the tree named after it. Someone else said rename it to the Cursed tree, that is what i would vote for.
  20. Horrorshow New Player

I actually really like those ideas. Kudos! You get some love from the Horror. <3