Sorcery & Nature Revamp Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zpirit, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I switch between the two often. DUH lol
  2. Prithivi Level 30

I know right if the devs didn't take us serious before they sure as heck won't now cause they will think we are trolls, plus that will get the tread shut down which means the 15 pages of advice out the window
  3. Itazuki New Player

4. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Sorcery -
    • Condemn - Make this an aoe ground or stun effect ability.
    • Invocation of Renewal - Make this and the Electricity/Nature Equivalent Instant cast and a 4 man heal.
    • Sacrificial Offering - Change name, Make heal more, and have a BK PI.
    • Shared Fate - Increase range, increase heals and damage dealt by this ability.
    • Final Ruin - Remove Cast time, and SLIGHTLY reduce damage output.
    • All pets into one, depending on your current role, it would either heal or damage/take some of your incoming damage.
    • Give sorcery BETTER PI's maybe introducing GK. ( Good Karma ) GK would be the equivalent of BK but for healers.
    Nature -

• Shapeshifting Tree - Change all shifts into animal shadowing buffs. ( Replace Dog/Ptero with buff, gives the group health/defense buff)
    • Chaotic Growth - Replace, since there is a 50% version of this with similar damage.
    • Bloom - Make this and the Sorcery/Electricity equivalent instant cast heal, make this a 4-man heal.
    • Vine Lash - make this an aoe DoT and a ranged DoT spreader.
    • Harvest - Replace
    • Swarm - Replace
    • Carnivorous Plants - Replace
    • Thorn Shield - Increase range 3x over, and also make it a 2-player shield, as well as a DoT spreader.
  5. Prithivi Level 30

I heard our shifting is getting removed all together due to the switching lag.

Harvest should effect more then one person. Swarm should stay out unless killed. Swarm should be made into a seed pod to see it.
    Bloom's cast time should be removed and tick for more.
    Metab's cast time be removed
    Remove or change cross pollination
  6. Katte New Player

Wow I have a lot of reading to catch up on (first time venturing to this part of the forums) but am very interested to read more of the change ideas and of course see what is actually rolled out to us. I'd become bored with sorcery but reading through this makes me want to log in and run stuff to start thinking though some of the ideas I've read. :)
  7. Meta Flare New Player

Yu have final ruin and then say remove cast time...do you mean soul storm?
  8. Zpirit Dedicated Player

No, final ruin, it has a 2-sec long cast time, Just like Impaling Thorns.
  9. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Along the the Sorcery and Electricity's equivalents.
    • Like x 1
  10. Meta Flare New Player

When you cast time, do you mean a charge cast like soul storm or how long the power takes to do the full amount of damage? Cuz don't all finishers take about 1-2 secs?
  11. Zpirit Dedicated Player

The later, i would like for them to remove it from all finishers.
  12. Meta Flare New Player

Oh ok I got you. Then you probably would like my idea for the electric finisher. It would be just one big voltaic bolt that could hit any range not just melee range targets. It's an instant hit for one big one instead of 2 or more. The only prob I see is this limits the chances of crits.

I guess final ruin could be a giant ball of magical energy that you throw out like singularity or gauss grenade, and then I guess it could have an additional tick of damage after the initial hit.
  13. Monstrocity187 New Player

There is no 50% version of chaotic growth with similar damage for nature.

Harvest should not be removed. rofl

Thorn shield doesn't actually shield it provides a %50 defense buff for 1.5s. Your suggestions would make it extremely op.

Wait you want Invocation of Renewal to stay the same and remove cast time? lol You're a joke.

Btw final ruin has a animation time not a cast time lol.
  14. Meta Flare New Player

He already cleared up what he meant when he said cast time.
  15. Zpirit Dedicated Player

16. Zpirit Dedicated Player

I like it.
  17. Monstrocity187 New Player

So that would only make it not op in raids? Glad to see you put so much thought into it...

So you want finishers to have no animation time??? Lol Do i really have to explain why this is a terrible idea?

Seems like your suggestions are just "take animation and cast times out" as if they don't serve a purpose. rofl
  18. Zpirit Dedicated Player

If there were no cast times in-game everything would still be balanced. Especially if they put in slightly longer cooldowns.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

i think they should totally do away with spreading the posions, briar and vine lash should just hit everything when you cast them. sometimes its to hard to target the person you just set up if you get knocked down. i like the spreading idea but its just to awkward sometimes.
  20. Meta Flare New Player

I agree with you, maybe that is why I don't like nature too much, it is to clunky.