Sorcery & Nature Revamp Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zpirit, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Ryejin New Player

Oh that I did not know, thank you. Learn something new every day, and I'm definitely going to have to look into that socket.

Yea I agree 100% there, to this day I can't comprehend why they decided to give IoR the 60% modifier, and here's to hoping that sorcery and nature get their 60% damage buff reworked into damage abilities.

I do like the look of the watcher over the other two as well. Thankfully I only see only a few posts that say change all pets into 1, and have them assume the same roll you as you. There for when your in a healing role your summoned pet heals, and in damage roll the summon damages along side of you. I see a lot more that say to just combine guardian & fury since they're basically the same thing anyways from what most of us can tell, the fury is just a bit better. Plus as someone who used to run a watcher in dps stance for soloing (others have done this as well), and I'm sure there might be some out there who run a fury as a healer for the slight bit of extra damage, I don't agree with having the pet assume your roll either. Even though not everyone does this for those of us that do, there's no reason to remove such an option. Not to mention if you only leave 1 summoned pet, and remove the other two plus rework grand summoning as well (since it normally summons all 3 pets) that makes for 3 new spells that would have to replace them. Not to mention there is a decent size list of other crappy spells like polymorph that need an over haul as well. I just don't see the devs putting that much work into this class, so I wouldn't worry about it.

My honest opinion is to leave all 3 summoned pets, but to actually make them worthwhile, but that's just me.
  2. Bloodartist New Player

I think renaming the summoning tree and revamping it would be a good thing. The actual summonings (I don't really count soul well etc) are pretty lackluster, with the only exception being the watcher. Maybe it could be named to something like "witchcraft" or something to counteract the "destiny" that reminds me of Dr Fate.
  3. CypherXone Committed Player

The problem with removing the pets are each one has a different look that may work better different players. I personally don't like the watchers look, only because it doesn't fit my character. The did the same thing with gadgets, but I guess like gadgets, if they get rid of some pet, we'll forget what they looked liked.
  4. Bloodartist New Player

Champions online allows picking the appearance of some of the pets(not all) with a pulldown menu in the powers window. Maybe something similar could happen here, provided the devs would be willing to change the UI that much.
  5. CypherXone Committed Player

It'd be nice if you could pick your pets like you pick your items in the Styles Tab. That would solve everything. Therefore you can keep your powers abilities specific to the powerset, but the actual pet looks could change.
    • Like x 2
  6. mgkaenzo Committed Player

No, some power doesn't have 60% damage buff. 60% dmg buff for cast time power, IoR is one so it has a 60% damage buff like bloom plus soul storm also have a 60% dmg modifier. Nature and sorcery are power who had time to cast a power who don't do any damage because they are power like put DoT then use your weapon so why don't cast a 60% dmg wich could double your dmg during long time why the socket. Do you prefere just do one combo with your bow or double your damage for all power and combo you will do after it during a long time. And I'm not sure with sorcery but in nature you can clip vine lash with bloom then just jump maybe it's the same for soul well with IoR I will test it when I will go to sorcery after have finish all troll style in the gale ^^.
  7. Ryejin New Player

I think everyone who plays this game knows that, so not sure why you wanted to mention this, but ok.

Soul Storm is 50%, not 60%, might help if you play a sorcerer instead of looking up out dated info on Google or Bing.

What? I've tried reading this a few times and it makes no sense. I'm guessing you're trying to say that sorcery like nature puts up dots. Which we don't, unless you count the almighty soul well as a dot. The rest of it didn't even make any sense. Also 60% = / = 2x the damage.

Don't use a bow, but that's irrelevant. In order to double my damage I would have to have a 100% damage buff, which no one has. Secondly the 60% buff goes away after you stop attacking for a few seconds, so you have to take the time to recast IoR which takes a while, and you can be easily knocked out of it. It's much easier to cast WoD which takes 2 second to cast rather than the 5 seconds that it takes for IoR. You can clip the animation at the 4 second mark, with a weapon attack but then you get no effect at all, and must wait all 5 seconds to actually see any benefit from it. You can also jump cancel IoR almost immediately but again see no benefit from it. Furthermore WoD adds a fair amount of might based damage as opposed to nothing from IoR. The 15% damage buff isn't worth it.

It's not the same for sorcery, if you jump cancel IoR you don't get a buff, the spell has to go off. I've tested this before, you can't even clip IoR at 4 seconds or the spell won't go off, and no buff at all. Soul well can be clipped by a few different abilities, so I don't even know why you're bringing that up. No offense, but if you don't play a power don't comment on it. I don't tell Nature players how to play their powers and what they can and can't do, because it's one of the few powers I haven't played yet.
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Who uses bing? honestly:p
  9. Ryejin New Player

The people in those commercials, don't you see how happy they are that they managed to find info on something that's not Google :rolleyes:, but yea who am I kidding even Steve Ballmer (sp?) uses Google.
  10. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I know you don't get the buff and it's the same in nature but you can clip vine lash with bloom and jump, it's faster than do the full animation of vina lash.
    And what I mean is in nature or sorcery you cast your DoTs and then you just use your weapon with the wepon buff because you don't have good burst. When I was sorcery I use vengeance every 30sec to get the buff and after don't use any burst for bosses exept with 1h to clip it. So the rotation was like : IoR>soul well clip with karmic hex>WoD>weapon combo>CoD>wepon combo>vengeance and final ruin when the life of the boss is <35%. That should be a good rotation for new raid because it's 90% of boss fight.
  11. razor Red New Player

I think that nature should have a damage move that works like the heals it takes the poison off for a burst damage.
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Yup, that's what many people suggested. It's a great idea and works with how their Healing system is.
  13. AXECLOWN New Player

then i would also like this option for shapeshifts for nature as well
    • Like x 1
  14. Bloodartist New Player

I have found that bing translator is slightly better than google translator, but I am not using Bing to find stuff.
  15. Lamar New Player

thats a bad rotation, vengeane is horrible, the ratation i found that works is wod,final ruin clip soul well with bos cod and shared fate with rifle.
  16. Neptune New Player

Plus the DoT works like nature HoT. That would make many nature dps out there happy.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That would make me soooooo happy. The problem with might based Nature DPS is that it's too slow. It's great if U're the only DPS in group, but with a couple of faster DPS or even trollers around - U can't help feeling a lot of your damage goes to waste. U can remedy this somehow by spreading the DoTs more often (I just tend to clip with Thorn Shield), but that will cost U power and is not a particularly elegant a solution.

A burst to use up the DoTs would be awesome, although I would settle for some way of making the dmg ticks stronger at the cost of their number. I mean - seriously - when do I ever need 11 ticks of DoT? Except for PvP and high-tier bosses, I suppose, so it would be nice to have the option. But burst is a much simpler/better idea.

It might make Nature DPS a bit OP, though (not that it would bother me one bit, lol). Combine that with some cheap wolf-form tactics and every PvPer on the server will hate Your guts... lol
  18. Cirocband New Player

When is the Nature and Sorcery Update? I'm starting to lose hope and feel the devs don't really care about Sorcery or Nature or they think it's fine just the way it is (Lies, because it's not). lol Because I still haven't seen or hear anything about the Sorcery or Nature fix. Seeing that we got skipped and they went straight of quantum. I switched to Sorcery in the middle of Brothers (bad mistake) and I had gotten so use to Nature that I could barely keep my group alive, Sorcery is way slower (changed right back to nature), but I'm not complaining about that. I just thought the powers would've been fixed already seeing that I change to Nature almost 4 months ago.
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I wouldn't expect it for some time. Maybe they'll do it just before autumn season? Not that I have any info about it - just that seems like the pace the devs seem to be taking with updates recently. I'm not particularly unhappy with my Nature DPSing/healing(the little of it I do), but how long do we have to put up with the doubling/glitching wolf/gorilla form loadouts? Do we really need an overhaul for that? Or is there any fix for it I don't know about?
    • Like x 1
  20. Chequered New Player

My idea to revamp sorcery is to make it LESS PINK. :mad:

Black and Gold would look so much better, also Transmutation and Karmic Backlash as well as Vengeance and Final Ruin share animations.

Weapons of Destiny - mark it as benefitial, reduce power cost, increase cooldown and duration.