Sorcery & Nature Revamp Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zpirit, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Zpirit Dedicated Player

With the coming revamp to both sorcery and nature, since the official threads are not up, i've posted this in hopes that you guys can share your ideas and the devs see and maybe even use a few of them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

3. Itazuki New Player

My opinions on Nature.
    • Remove Insectoid Form or change the way it looks, drastically. The small bonus of 3% heal crit is not worth the ugly look.
    • Remove Pterosaur Form or rework the loadout to something useful.
    • Remove Canine Form or rework the loadout to something useful.
    • Gorilla Form sometimes takes ages to shift into.
    • Vine Lash could use a shorter animation...and not look like a stream of dung.
    • Please add better PI uses, a burst option on our Poison Spore PI would be great. Or just ANY power interactions would be nice.
    • Carnivorous Plants is useless. Need a better DPS SC.
    • Chaotic Growth is useless. Need a better DPS SC.
    • Just remove Swarm and add in something viable.
    • In general the graphics all need a touch-up.

Those are all of my top and most wanted changes. (Removing Shapeshifting all together would be ideal, and replacing it with more plant style moves, since that makes sense)
    • Like x 4
  4. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Nice
  5. Zpirit Dedicated Player

• I was thinking making our pets more immportant to the way we heal. Since i keep hearing that people want sorcery to stay just HoTs & cast times, i was thinking, to create a PI between our pets and our powers. For one i was thinking that if we have CoP up our watcher will heal more often. ( but still be restricted to it's powerbar for balancing) For another, if we had fury out and activated WoD then he would become more aggressive and have a chance to buff the caster for 5 seconds. ( maybe something like a 25% critical magnitude) I was thinking that somehow maybe by activation of powers our pets could become more active and aggressive. For healers when summoning soul well or activating shared fate the watcher would have a chance to increase the caster's critical healing magnitude by 35% for a short time. Since the pets were scaled down i have some new ideas to make them more useful to a sorcerer.
    • Arbiter Of Destiny - I was thinking that for arbiter, they should remove the transformations and just give us an aura like that of what the arcane weapons style pack, while still keeping the buffs that arbiter already gives in it's current state.
    • Polymorph - This just needs to be replaced, maybe with a move that magically explodes an enemy an throw them into the air.
    • Soul Storm - This could be redone to where 4 enemies are struck with beams which look like final ruin, but a more polished look.
    • Transmutaion/Backlash - These two could be fused together where it explodes objects, and applies Bad Karma.
    • Summon Fury/Guardian - These should become on pet that looks entirely different and does attacks from both pets.
    • Life Element - For this power they could maybe, have it summon 5 crystals surrounding the caster in the shape of a pentagon.
    • Grand Summoning - This should be replaced with a power that's useful, as is it is useless. They die quickly, don't damage much, and are completely useless and ugly.
    • Baleful Transmogrification - This move is used by nobody that i know or have even heard of. It is as useless as Polymorph and Grand Summoning. Should be replaced entirely. I was thinking maybe it could be replaced with a non-supercharge power that buffs the group ( critical chances for both healing & dps.
    • Invocation Of Renewal - For this move, and the equivalent of it for both Nature & Electricity, these moves could be changed to instant cast group burst heals, but be changed to only effect 4 group members, and the heals on it would be slightly higher than rejuvinate.
    • Shared Fate - For this power, i think Bad Karma should have a bigger effect on it. When ever bad Karma is active, shared fate would heal somewhere around 200 - 300 base.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zpirit Dedicated Player

7. MBglacius New Player

Yeah nature is kind of "lacking" in healing. Still a beast healing power though. I wouldn't remove insectoid form, instead change the moveset. (something other then 3 hangblaster combo's) And maybe giving it super flight so it's useable in op's (..Takes forever flying across metro). I would remove pterosaur and dog form, they are useless beyond leveling up. Maybe replace them with a "lion" or "rhino" form. I wish gorilla form wasn't a super charge; even if it loses the ability to heal and damage. It's fun messing with the crazy ape form! Keep the shapeshifting.. "Carnivorous Plants is useless... Chaotic Growth is useless..." i agree 100% with that, nature needs more "life" something flashy as far as supercharges. Maybe instead of encasing give nature a spawning supercharge (ability to spawn spore clusters that poison and gain in strength with every spore, or grant the ability to leech life with every attack). Swarm .... oh the swarm... swarms fine. However if i had to replace swarm i would use the ability to spawn mini bloodroots (the giant walking venus flytraps from ivy mission). Stuff that i would add , maybe parasites that turn mobs against eachother or a super charge similar to ice element (turn you into a giant gallows oak).
  8. Zpirit Dedicated Player

How bout rename/replace the shape shifting tree, instead of transforming you would just gain a small buff when you hit a certain power, like when you hit the Power Of The Wolf ( wolf transformation) then it would give you temp. super speed/ damage buff for a short time. Instead of nature being a shape shifter healer/dps power set, it could be a buff type healer/ dps power, same with all of the other current shape shifting moves.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

I like where your mind is. I absolutely hate permanent transformations. I want to see my character model.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Yea, my sig says i'm a sorcery, but i sometimes switch to nature or play on my alt.
  11. SuperiorMouse New Player

no. it's called shape changing. if you don't want to shape change, don't pick that powerset or don't choose those powers you don't like.

don't ask for changes to something that would ruin the powerset for everyone else who takes it for being exactly what it is and is supposed to be.

shape changing should be more shapes, and it should be broken into it's own powerset and it should be the first hybrid role powerset allowing the individual forms to dictate which role the player is playing. ie. some forms put them in controller role, while others have them in tank role etc.
  12. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Ok, why are you attacking me when this thread is ment to express ideas for the coming power revamp.
    • Like x 1
  13. SuperiorMouse New Player

attacking you? not at all -- good try though. i disagreed with your suggestion to remove the concept of shapeshifting from shapeshifting, told you why your suggestion was bad and told you to pick another power if you don't want to shapeshift.

disagreeing with someone and telling them why their idea is not good, is not the same thing as attacking someone. attacking someone is when you make something personal and start insulting someone etc.
  14. xXS0EXx Committed Player

He's just making a point and btw the Nature set comes from Beastboy powerset(most of it) thats why nature haves "Transformations" becasue beastboy is a shapeshifter... Now about the sorcery power set u cant make them change Invocation of renewal because thats the only power that sorcery haves that heals the entire group with awesome heals, so instead of making them change that power add a new one that heals 4 pple or something and about the polymorph yeah ur right that sc should be change by another power sense is useless and i prefer the power interaction... (im not attacking u either tho im just saying they should add new powers and remove the useless ones cause i dont want anymore nerf/broken powers thats all).

Oh and one more thing about the shared fate, that power should heal more than 200-300 sense its doing that already, i think it should be based on our resto cause i have over 2300+ resto and im only healing 200-300 and thats not good at all it should heal about 600-700 none crit and 800-1000 with crits it would really help me out on raids.
    • Like x 1
  15. Itazuki New Player

Nature is actually a mix of Beastboy and Poison Ivy. Which is the problem...

It's two completely different powers in one powerset. This is why many people petition for it to be split into two powersets.
    • Like x 1
  16. Zpirit Dedicated Player

What if they replaced the beast boy theme with a vixen them? Also check out the ideas i had for most of the useless powers. That is what i think they should do for Invocation Of Renewal, Bloom, And whatever the electricity equivalent is.
  17. Zpirit Dedicated Player

First i am sorcery, and second it was just an idea, lighten up.
  18. Itazuki New Player

Telling someone their idea is NOT good is attacking technically. You can say you disagree with the idea personally, but you don't speak for everyone so you have no place to say any idea is a bad one.

Saying you don't agree with and do not like an idea is very different from saying "That is a horrible idea" or saying anything would ruin a powerset. Maybe for yourself it would, again though.. you don't speak for everyone.

This thread is about personal opinions and ideas. There's a whole thread of people who agree with what Zpirit suggested actually (Different thread about making Shapeshifting more of an "spiritual aura" type deal) so it obviously sounds like a good idea to some.
    • Like x 5
  19. xXS0EXx Committed Player

I did saw the ideas u have and i like most of them exept the one for Invocation od Renewal and shared fate and i already explain to you why.
    I dont want invocation of renewal to be change cause is the only power that heals alot and its the only power that sorcery haves that does that to an entire group and i would rather make that power faster than just change it to heal just 4 pple on the group so im srry but im pretty sure thats not gonna happen for the reasons above... I've been sorcery for 2 years now and hve never change and hopefully never will cause sorcery its my favorite power on this game and every single time a found a good power it gets nerf/broken because of pple complaining(im not attacking u or anything just making my point) :)
  20. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Exactly +1 to you