Worst K/D you've seen BR 30+

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname6587, May 16, 2013.

1. Zombo

People giving any sh*t about K/D play the wrong game

people camping enemy sunderers and farming infantry kills, instead of trying to blowing it the f*ck up like i do, are a waste for the faction

even if i die horribly and end up not killing the sundy because of too much counter repair, at least most of the time my effort will be recognized by my faction and the sunderer will blow up soon after my death

i have a K/D of about 0.9, which is pretty bad, but i end up being victorious most of the time

take for example 2-3 guys attacking a base, i go to that base, and blow up our hacked vehicle terminal first, then their sunderer, and then, even if it means i get killed 15 times in a row, i kille those guys trying to capture the base and clear the base of any spawn beacons/sunderers etc. while i know of people who would just sit in the spawn room and try to farm f*cking kills

infantry kills mean NOTHING. AT. ALL. seriously, people have a freaking 9 second respawn timer on an AMS sunderers, snipers camping and getting a kill every 20 seconds still are very underperforming and are mostly wasting their time when they could play engi/medic/max/heavy instead (even when one kill every 20 seconds as a sniper sure needs skill in some situations)
    not saying snipers would be useless, but infiltrators using ranged weapons and not spotting/sensor darting/taking out high value targets like medics and engineers repping MAXs are just K/D and XP ******, just like that one pilot "Daddy" on miller who always logs out if he is about to die and has a kilfeed of about 20% rptary and 80% lolpodder kills
  2. theholeyone

... and that conc nades need a buff :eek: and knifing should be nerfed :eek::eek: I'm sure it also proves the magrider needs more nerf :eek::eek::eek:
  3. Fortress

Accuracy is the end all be all now? I thought it was my low SPM that made me terrible? No, wait, it was the vehicle play that rendered me unfit to play videogames! Almost forgot about that.

It's almost as if you can always twist the data to ensure that your stats are always the best in all of the best categories (as determined by you, of course!) and even when you can't, well there's always a thousand excuses regarding teamwork, suicidal shenanigans, infantry play, etc ready to comfort your ego and remind you that you really are the best.
  4. Jrv

Keep resorting to generalizations to justify your obviously cheesy playstyle.
  5. SgtScum

As a medic I have a very low kdr as I have to keep rezzing the gung ho types who charge into battle going for a kill.

Seems to be a good synergy tbh as far as spm and certs are concerned plus having a never ending stream of rezzed gung ho types constantly running to the control point eventually wins it for us.
  6. Adamar09

Because if you die frequently enough, it becomes quite possible to spend more time looking at the respawn screen than being alive. That's not effective or fun.

On topic: on my "most killed" list there is a BR46 with 0.1 K/D and BR38 with 0.2. Not being good at killing, dying a lot- fine. But both their most played class is by far HA?! Surely it would make sense to play a support class in such a situation.
  7. YoXn

I have medic's in my outfit who have a 2 KD, still no excuse to die a lot. You are putting yourself in danger zones. Where you do not need to Res people. Just saying.

On-topic, a Infiltrator with a 0.2 KD
  8. Fortress

Hah!

God I love K/D threads.
  9. LT_Latency

You know how you figure out if someone is good?? And this is the ONLY way.

You log into the same server and play together any stat looking is a waste of time. There are always ways to pad your numbers if you care enough to do it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Epoch/Eep

I know someone with quite a low k/d who is also one of the best platoon leaders ive played with even with 7 years of PS1 and is amazing guiding multiple platoons about.

The bad players here would claim hes a scrub because his k/d is less than 1.0 when they actually have no concept at all of what they are on about. That sort of complete moronic ignorance is why people assume its a certain type of gamer. like the cod kiddies
    As others has said that Lib suicider who takes the sundy out for 0 kills is 100 times more useful to his team than the tank camping killwhore. That is just a fact.
    • Up x 1
  11. Jrv

Zoitter, medic in my outfit, has like a 2.5K/D, and you better believe he's a better medic than all these 1.0 "I'm support so it's OK!" people. See, the advantage of being a killing machine is that you actually stay alive long enough to rezz your teammates. Can't tell you how many times I've died and had Zoitter come in, kill everyone, and rezz me. On the other end of the spectrum, countless times have medics attempted to rezz me before being gunned down because they were too stupid to shoot the guy before rezzing.

It's because you don't have to be a good player to herd a pack of zerglings. "Colorful Map Conquest Simulator" is easier than actually learning about force multipliers and tactics.
  12. Xind

There was a lot of sarcasm in my post.

But have you tried knifing with the carv? The pull out time on it after trying a stab is prohibitive...especially after the foregrip nerf.
  13. holycaveman

Great post. Pretty much how it is.

Basically if you have a higher k/d ratio chances are you are spending too much time worrying about getting killed when you could be doing something productive. Especially since you can insta spawn almost anywhere.

If your goal is k/d then great wish you luck in your solo player game. For the rest of is low k/d fellows we most likely are the ones getting g the job done for our team.
    • Up x 2
  14. SgtScum

Who says I'm dying a lot? I'm typically too busy rezzing and healing squad mates to worry about shooting stuff.

That's what the assault classes are for. Just saying.
  15. Littleman

Because this is entirely possible at a glance when EVERYONE you would be praised for shooting at is out to kill you.

KDR alone don't mean much.

KDR + a bunch of other non-accumulative stats tell the more accurate picture.

Kill/Death Ratio.

Kills+Assists/Death Ratio.

Kills per minute.

Score Per Minute

Average Accuracy.

No, they don't give us the how's. No, they don't differentiate between the sunderer I C4ed that caught 2 people in its blast, and the one that caught 20. No, it doesn't tell us the player's tenacity in "getting the objective" done, but I'd much rather have the guy with better overall scores over the guy that's tanking nearly all of them by my side.

Unless I'm a MAX, then bring me an engineer. One with a maxed tool preferably. And in infiltrator with maxed out darts. I want to know what I'm stomping into and where to look first as I clear the room.
  16. Jrv

It's adorable that you actually believe this.
  17. Fenrisk

Average kills a hour all factions 10
    Average deaths a hour all factions 13

Average kill to death ratio of PS2 players = 0.75 (roughly)
  18. Dis

So a bunch of guys with mediocre k/ds walk into a biolab....

Guys with artificially high k/ds hide behind the spawn shield at the first sign of trouble, lose the base but make their tryhard stats look even better.

I suppose there's a joke in there somewhere.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jrv

"Here's this extreme, and this extreme! You can only be these two things!"
    • Up x 1
  20. LT_Latency

You squad stack to beat on weaker player. Oh goodie.

If you fight people with equal skill your KDR is one. If your not close to one you don't look for good fights this is one KDR people fall to realize and it's why it's a stupid stat to look at