Why is the FPS still an issue? Little to no improvement has been made in 4 months.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Paisho, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Paisho

The FPS issue is becoming unbearable for me (I run at 25-30 FPS). Back in November when the optimization thread was made we were promised continued attention to the issue, but since then I have seen no improvement, I would even say my FPS is worse than at launch. Can we please get an update as to whats being done for this, please be as specific as possible we understand it's something SOE wants to address but lets hear whats being done about it, otherwise I'm put in the awkward position of having to find a new shooter when I don't want too. This game has something unique going on and I'd like to play it.

Specs:
    Intel i7-2600 @2.8Ghz
    ATI Radeon 5870
    8 GB 1333Mhz Ram
    OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD

While these are not top notch specs they are not below average. I can't understand how this isn't SOE's top priority, by having such a high baseline requirement, to play the game at a reasonable FPS, a massive population is being prevented from enjoying the game. Business is about profit and maybe these customers aren't worth the investment I don't know I haven't seen the numbers, but what I do know is I've spent more than $140 on this game and it's only been out for 4 months, I'd say that is a pretty high value customer considering most PC games retail at $60 and most MMOs $15/month (also $60 over 4 months).
    • Up x 3
  2. Rekoro

i stopped playing after GU3 hit the servers. i return once in a while to check out my fps but nothing changed so far, or atleast its getting worse than better. I could run the game with graphics on low, but than i could play a game that doesnt look like **** and runs much better ;)
    PC spec is

Intel Core i5 750 3.4GHz
    4x 2048MB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333
    1024MB Radeon HD5770 PCS+
  3. TheLeastFav

I wonder what could be the cause as I have seen great improvement over the past few months. My main computer was a laptop and I was getting 40-50 fps while dipping to 20-30 in heavy, heavy battles.

For me I followed a thread about increasing graphics past what the in-game settings allowed using the .ini file, putting the stress on my GPU and at the same time reducing my render quality to 85%. The game looked great even at the reduced quality and performed well.

This was on a Lenovo y570
    i7 2nd gen
    12gb of ram
    gt 555m

I know its a stupid workaround to fix a problem that shouldn't exist on your hardware, but it at least makes it playable.
  4. Kastrenzo

More important things like selling vaguely different weapons and nerfing already dead horses.
    • Up x 2
  5. HerbertKnivez

They did optimize, just not for people like you who already have good PC's but don't understand that they can't run on high.
  6. Tytos

Dude, SOE aren't magicians, they can't make the game run on an outdated systems on high settings, ever !
    Your graphics card is 2 generations old, it simply will never be able to run the game higher then medium with decent fps.
    • Up x 2
  7. LordMondando

Because there have been just magical leaps forward in marketing in the last 2 generations.

Utter noise. A 5870 is more than sufficient and most of the FPS problems in game come from CPU intensive processes.
    • Up x 1
  8. Scure

What r u talking about? The game uses outdated DX9
    • Up x 2
  9. Kanzy

I
    I have almost the same specs and I get the same fps as you do even when I followed some of the Guides on these forums to ump up some more FPS from your PC but after GU03+ few hot fixes it was a lot better and I could get around 50-70 FPS and 40+ in big battles.

After GUo4 it was back to 20-30 its like they just removed everything from GU03
  10. Truehunter

Mondando is entirely correct.

I used to run the game with some low, some med and some high/ultra settings (took a lot of tweaking) with 45-55 fps on a stock phenom 2 x4 820 with an old HD 5670 and 4 gig of ram. Tried the old bird out again 2 days ago and it could barely get over 23 fps max plus a kind of long stuttering that I can only think to call "graphics lag" where the rate halved every few seconds but in a loop that wasn't as "stuttery" as stuttering.....ok im going to give up on trying to explain that lol.

Anyway my point being something has seriously gone the opposite direction with their optimization if frame rates are cut in half for some.

(as I often joke, maybe the optimization is to drive out so many players that there are only 2 squads per server left... would run great then)
    • Up x 1
  11. XRIST0

Crysis is coded in Direct x 9 also , what is your point ..
  12. Tytos

One can not simply flip a switch and make an engine use dx11 instead of 9, its not that simple and DX11 isn't a magical artifact that boosts performance. The mather is much more complicated, anybody who has worked on an engine knows how difficult things tend to become, the problem are people who have never worked in the industry but think that developers can just boost the performance on their gameboy significantly with ease.
  13. Imperium Assault

DX9 limits CPU utilization
  14. XRIST0

Source ?
  15. Blitzkrieg

You know, it might be because they upped the textures a bit and the render distance massively and people like you guys talk about making the FPS higher for everyone as if it was easy.

Tell you what OP, since you're so good at this, email smed and tell him how to fix all the FPS issues in one go and get your self a job there telling them how it's done.
    • Up x 1
  16. SGT Ace

Funny guys, you got some nice CPU. I'm 100% it's your settings problem.

You just need to realise that if your fps are low and you see with ctrl+f glowing GPU, you can't play on ultra with rendering quality multi 2x :). Stop whining about 50 fps. I got only 15 and I don't need to create all that spam whiny ******** "I got no 120 fps, what soe buy me new computer do derp?" threads.
  17. noobindo

LOL?
    5870 now outdated system? And what is not outdated? 7970?
    This is silly. In fact 5870 a bit better, or at least equal to 6870, so he can play on ultra settings.
    2 generations old
    Mean nothing. Not so much difference between generations.
  18. noobindo

No it dont.
  19. MykeMichail

I started playing this game on an i5-750. I now play on an i7-3820.

I honestly have to say, that my FPS on my old i5-750 at launch is comparable to my FPS with my new i7-3820 now, with maybe a 10 fps difference.
  20. SirJMD

For as long as people are paying, I doubt there will be any FPS improvement.
    • Up x 1