Why is the FPS still an issue? Little to no improvement has been made in 4 months.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Paisho, Mar 18, 2013.

1. stalkish

Personal experience (fact not fiction):-
    Started playing at the start of BETA, had an older CPU, think its an AMD phemon x4 955, and i had an even older graphics card GTX 275, also had 4GB of ram and a 1TB HDD. Decided to upgrade my graphics card to a 680 (the 4GB gainward one) but not my CPU, got 16GB of RAM and put in a 120GB SSD on which i installed windows and PS2. I got a MASSIVE performance increase, went from unplayable to very playable without touching my CPU. Since that upgrade (about 1 week into BETA) i have been running the same hardware and havent installed much else on my PC and the performance is getting worse with each patch, i couldnt even fight on Amerish when i tried yesterday it was so laggy, Esamir runs the best.

In short, im not entirely sure its all just CPU, my graphics card enhanced the gameplay to no end and the SSD defo makes a hell of a difference.
    O and i run all settings on high, have tried to get ultra working but i see no difference in quality so i dont think i managed it.
  2. Chipskream

I run the game with a worse GFX than OP (5850, stock clocks) and I can set everything to ultra (4), and I get consistent 30-40 FPS, always CPU-bound mind you. Only thing it doesnt do is fix those pesky 1-2 framelong drops to 10 fps.
  3. roDDo

Get Rivatuner http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/rivatuner.html
    Enable the in-game overlay with GPU utilization. A card as fast as yours will probably show usage below 50% all of the time.
    I don't need experience, I have numbers. When the GPU is bored at 30% and the game is crawling at 20 fps, what does that tell you?
  4. Cryless

the game looks good for an online game, but the graphics are not that advanced to have such high system requirements. not only that the system requirements are high, but the game itself is very, very poorly optimized which I find that to be lame! soe don't take it as an insult, but contact crytek and ask those guys to help u with the game cause it's clear to me that u really need it...
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

I agree its very CPU bound i wasnt trying to debunk that in any way, i was realy just sharing my own experience with the game. From the sound of it the game needs to use more CPU, as in multi cores and hyperthreading, and more GPU where it can. I would of thought the devs know this already, whether its possible is another question, im sure they are working hard to figure it out.
  6. stalkish

Its funny i was thinking the same thing in terms of the water, crysis 3 water is awsome, ps2 is...well....not.
    • Up x 1
  7. Paisho

**** this comment. I didn't say I'm good at optimization of MMO games. I'm a consumer not a programmer it's not my job to provide coding solutions. What I can do is provide feed back to SOE for how they can improve their product and keep me as a customer.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paisho

I have no issue with 50 fps, that would be incredible, the problem is when I consistently run at 30 fps in major fights. I'm glad you can cope with 15 fps but frankly I am not ok with this. The issue is my rig should not be running this game at such low frame rates, and from what I'm reading on these forums better CPU specs aren't translating to 60 fps in major fights either.
  9. Paisho

I'm starting to think there will never be fps improvement. If it were a fixable issue wouldn't they have done something by now?
  10. Paisho

What is the point of these forums if not to have a dialog with the developers and community?
  11. Paisho

My 5870 tops at 30% utilization when I play on low graphics settings and is hardly the limiting component. The bigger issue is my CPU. But the point I was trying to make is my specs aren't below average and I can't be the only consumer looking to turn away from this game because of poor optimization on the average computer.
  12. Shehadi

oh no someone is frustrated and ill informed, so lets all sling **** at eachother
  13. Shehadi

you do what you can to be as effective in combat as possible and yet your kdr is somehwhat....PFFFFF im just being a dick, thought it might be fun.
  14. PoopMaster

Which is funny because changing the settings to medium or low net a 3 FPS boost for people.
  15. JDS999

well the the ps2 devs are trying to reinvent the wheel. theres no tech notebook they can look at and see where thier code isnt working right or wich algorithm needs to be adjusted. this is a 2015 game for excellent fps
  16. Blitzkrieg

And **** your thread in particular. Just because you've played COD with good FPS you immediately think this game should have good FPS. It's your job to stop being a moaning ***** and wait for them to fix it when they can do it. If you know nothing about it keep your bloody mouth shut because you clearly know nothing about it.
  17. c0r3

The last clientside patch today gave me back 10FPS or so in big fights. Get 40-50 now with occasional dips to the 30's.

On a fairly overclocked i5 3570k mind.
    • Up x 1
  18. HerbertKnivez

Well then, in this case DON'T change the settings.......
  19. TestyVenom

They're still working on getting the game to run as well as it possibly can for 32-bit OS's and DX9, but I think the real problem for a lot of us is the fact that there is no 64-bit version with DX11. We need to push them to make a 64-bit version that will allow better performance on a 64-bit OS and then have them implement a DX11 graphics feature. If they did that, I think the game would run much better for a lot of people. In my opinion, it's probably best if they stop working on trying to improve the FPS performance for 32-bit OS's at this point and focus on other things.
  20. LordMondando

Using 64 bit and DX11 would not magically solve things. DX11 is not universally better and would not help with a lot fo the load from having loads of players, and 64 bit only really gives slightly better use of memory.
    • Up x 3