Why does not TR have 167 dmg carbine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by keqe, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Weirdkitten

It's a bit odd, I wouldn't mind if you got a 167 dmg carbine. Same with no high-ish ROF NC LMG, though to be fair it would have to be pretty damn good to compete with the likes of the EM6 and SAW. Your "unique" applies to all your guns, while 200 dmg variants are 1 per weapon type, and most of them are of limited usefulness. Infantry weapons balance seems pretty even nonetheless.
  2. keqe

Balance is good imo but the problem is choice and variation. TR has basically none.
    • Up x 10
  3. Weirdkitten

That's because the evil Terran Republic wants you all to be identical minions of the state :p
    • Up x 2
  4. Blarg20011

Oh, also in all this GD-7F vs Jaguar, why doesn't anyone remember the Serpnent, you know, the carbine that is pretty much flat better than the GD-7F?
    • Up x 1
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

For the record, I'm absolutely fine with TR getting a 167 damage, 30 round carbine. Then they'll see how much they suck, stop complaining, and go back to using the Jaguar.
    • Up x 1
  6. Weirdkitten

167 damage, 30 ammo doesnt suck. 143 damage, 30 ammo with long reload does however.
    • Up x 6
  7. SenEvason

I'd happily give up ROF and mag size for more damage.
  8. Grotpar

TR should just get the high RoF weapons they were promised like 2 weeks after release, when they claimed they gave the TR VS copycat weapons because there wasn't enough time to balance TR styled weapons.

I personally think the TR shouldn't have 167 weapons at all.(I know about the TMG and SABR)
    I think the 112 damage tier should be unique to the TR, and the 125 tier introduced for VS and TR in rifles and LMGs.
    • Up x 2
  9. Tekuila

There's a chance that it still has old data in it.
  10. Gary

We did, but everyone complained so it got brough down to 143... now we have a bunch of carbines which are almost all identical and useless at medium to long range.

Then consider the 10 extra rounds... but not that on my VS and NC characters i get just as many kills per magazine but reload faster... The 10 round differences is offset by huge horizontal recoil
  11. pnkdth

Oh for the love of Vanu, just stop with the "I'd love to give up X for Y" or "Let's trade" talk. Oh wait, I hear the grass is so much greener over there! Oh wait, not it is even greener over there! Oh, man, I gotta go back to over there cause that is some fine green grass.

VS weapons are coveted for their reload.
    TR for their magazine size.
    NC for their alpha damage.

One thing I've definitely learned so far is that I keep wanting to switch weapons no matter which faction I play. I love my T5 AMC for TR because it handles like a VS weapon(which is kinda of strange given how many TR players seem to hate this weapon yet claim VS are so OP and awesome).

Some VS mirror weapons:
    Serpent; Very high RPM but also gets a very long reload, and still only 30 bullets per mag.
    Pulsar C; Worse stats than the Gauss Compact S.

Both these are weapons with traits of other factions but are still worse than the "owning" factions.

TL DR; It is all in your head. Stop looking at what the other faction's got.
  12. Gary

Because the T5-AMC tries to be a long range carbine but fails badly since it is outgunned by both NC and VS long range carbines.
    • Up x 1
  13. Blarg20011

Serpent doesn't have a long reload anymore, it got major buffs back in GU08. it now has one of the shortest reloads for a short range carbine, and is arguably the best CQB carbine available. (essentially a straight upgrade over the GD)
  14. Izriul

What? It has THE longest reload out of all the VS carbines. Still, after the buff. It's a lot quicker than what it was, but it still it the longest reload.

Also, owning both the serpent and the GD-7F I much much prefer the GD-7F, it just feels a lot better to me, despite it's VERY VERY minor stat differences (except it's something like 80 higher velocity). Hell, I much prefer the VX6-7 over the serpent.
  15. phreec

It still has faster reload than the GD-7F which is basically its twin NC carbine.
  16. Mxiter

T5-AMC

Pros: Light vertical recoil (0.3 instead 0.4-0.45), more damage/magazine, better bullet velocity (14% from gauss/mercenary and 11% from pulsar C) .

Cons:Get an silly horizontal directional recoil (0.225/0.225 23/25 ->), a worst COF while immobile (0.1 instead 0.03 for 167 weapons), same first hit mult and an awful damage degradation for a long range carabine (112@65m).

It's clearly a pray and spray weapon: a really bad design for a medium/long range weapon an don't reward skill.
    • Up x 1
  17. Blarg20011

Might have a longer reload than the VS carbines, but it's still shorter than all TR carbines besides the T5, and the GD-7F. Like I said, it's arguably the best CQB carbine, but it's certainly better than the GD. Anywho, I don't really have a problem with it, I just wonder why the argument always seems to be between the Jag and the GD, without a mention of the serpent.
  18. Blarg20011

It's also got a RoF that's 100 less than the starter, so it's not really good for spray n' pray either. The only thing that makes it a "long range" carbine is its high velocity and access to adv. foregrip.
  19. Phrygen

that seems outdated. People used to love the jaguar, now its bad.
  20. Satanam

To be honest, I don't want a tier of higher damage weapons. I want TR to have the real higher RoF weapons. It should be really extreme: low damage and high RoF for TR, high damage and low RoF for NC. Then make VS balanced between TR and NC and give it the non-drop bullet stats. The weapons we thought would shoot really fast are a joke. I'm not saying they're bad, I'm saying their RoF should be higher and the damage lower. I just can't see much difference when I play VS, as for NC the difference is there but it's not extreme.
    • Up x 1