Why do YOU play Heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GeminiSol, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeminiSol

Its just a simple question. Why do you play as a Heavy assault? Is is because you can Easily spray people down? Is it because of that Cheap overshield? Or is it because you use the Rockets? Or all three?
    • Up x 2
  2. WonkoDenFriske

I have not been playing much heavy until recently but I feel it is a very versatile class .
    The weapons have lots of ammo and is accurate at both short and long ranges if you control your fire.
    You have the shield to give you some edge in 1vs1 fights and of course you have anti vehicle capabilities.
    It's a class that can do pretty much anything well.... except support.
  3. TrainerS2

I play heavy cos there so much Tank and air noobs . to deal with them need to play as heavy !!
    And look how many noobs play havies cos it got that cheap shield :D
    To deal with vehicles i play heavie , to deal with infranty i play LA .
  4. Paulus

The times when I pull heavy over the other classes, its because I need a rocket launcher or because I need to hit the point hard and there's not many other people around.
  5. Halkesh

I take Heavy when I'm near a infantery terminal and if they are tanks/air in the area. When I have none to rez as medic, I play as Heavy to slaughter ennemy thanks to my resist shield.
  6. ZeroErrorz

SHAWGUN SHAWGUN SHAWDGUN, pump is good for camping, auto for crowd controll,and having overshield help u aim a bit when using pump
  7. vsae

Because MAX spam.
    ALthough It's generally my go to class, because I'm only interested in infantry combat and HA is the superior in it.
  8. HerpTheDerp

Because it's the only infantry class that can make vehicles go away.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ceskaz

Because you can deal with every kind of threat with this class.
  10. Posse

To kill other HAs in a pure 1v1, besides, it's the class that complements my weaknesses as a player (my situational awareness and position is MUCH better than my aim, if it were the opposite then it would probably be LA).
    • Up x 1
  11. Elkybam

I dislike the heavy assault class personally.

First of all, putting on that overshield just seems to get drained within a second of use in the middle of a firefight. The TR overshields need to use a secondary color like the VS because you paint a target of yourself for the enemy and possibly your teammates.

Second, the LMGs are not suited to what I want. T9 CARV has ridiculous recoil that is annoying, but still controllable. MSW-R is a nerfed variant of the T1 Cycler, only with 10 additional bullets than the assault rifle, sporting more recoil, and longer reload time. T16 Rhino is accurate, but the fire rate is too slow to compete with the wide-use of Orion Heavies. T32 Bull is forgotten and is overpriced by certifications and SC. T9 CARV-S (I seriously wasted my certs).

Third, I would like to be agile on the battleground and killing is not a potential of me. LA would at least demolish sunderers and Infiltrators could just cloak from long range and avoid detection. The medic and engineers are support roles that I could at least help my teammates in battle.

The only time ever using this is when things get desperate (MAX crash), a vehicle needs to be disposed of, or my NMG is needed to end an annoying heavy that's seriously farming.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hodo

I play heavy now because they nerfed the hell out of everything else I use. So if I want to do anything to a vehicle I either grab a vehicle or a HA and hit it with a rocket. Because C4 is a joke now, and AT mines are still about as reliable as the Republican Party.
  13. johnway

HA is pretty much my bread and butter class - I chose the class mainly through necessity mostly. When i went up against one i got slaughtered. So if you can't beat them, join them and i found that the LMGs weren't bad and with the gauss saw, i felt like god and bring the hurt against the other factions compared to when i played as TR and sound the carv9 not to my liking.

Now its more for the flexibility and ease to challenge both infantry and Armour at the same time and provides a no nonsense deterrent. The G2A is a bit rubbish and most of the people i shoot it simply just shoot flares. But at least it scares them off and i consider that a victory of sorts.
  14. jiggu

Most versatility and it feels the most like a true soldier class. The other classes relies on support abilities or flanking gameplay. The HA just pushes foward without despair. I recently picked up the T7 Chaingun again and my muscles were aching from excitement after two hours or so of use. Most fun I've had in months, it was a brutal glorious goregrind of poor vanu scum. I also love having the rocketlaucher to deal with annoying vehicles and MAXes.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

Because it is so versitile. I tend to play very aggressively too, ie, trying to push the advance. Sure, my KDR might suffer for it but I don't care. Much in the same way I tend to sacrifice my MAX, charge in and kill as many engineers/medics possible. Obviously, I will not charge in like an idiot because that rarely works well, so I tend to tend to move in after testing the strengths and weaknesses. Usually by throwing a few grenades and firing the odd rocket to soften them up.

Generally speaking though, I tend to view all infantry classes as a single class, and medic, engy, HA, LA, max, or infil as class builds(to borrow a term from MMORPGs). Currently on my NC I have 41% of my time as HA, and the other classes are between 4-20%, the lowest being engineer at 4%(mostly due to not having it certed up enough to fit my style yet and not doing much vehicle play). My VS charact is more evenly divided between HA and infil(31 and 34% respectively), and very little time spent on the other classes(the least being the max).

I think most infantry focused players will have a high % as a HA because of it, usually, being the most ideal frontline fighter.
  16. Corvus Corax

Because TMG-50.
  17. LownWolfe

Freedom whistle and the jokehammer
  18. Erendil

A few reasons:
    • Eidolon - Yes, for me that's a good thing :p
    • Adren Shield - Let's me tank one bolt-action sniper round now that NW has been nerfed
    • Mobile, long range AV - Decis for MAXes, G2A rockets to scare away lolpodders, Lancer for everything else
    And I get all that in one package.
  19. Kallowe

As an engineer nothing's broken. As a medic there's no one to revive.
    There's always bad guys that need to be killed, that's why I choose to play heavy assault and you should too.
  20. Roland2TowerCame

Sometimes I can't sneak up on tanks to C4 them.
    AA duty for my one character that has it unlocked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.