Why do YOU play Heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GeminiSol, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanu123

It was my anti infantry class. It is the "Front line" class in this game, or at least it used to be.
  2. Gundem

Since the Jackhammer is totally not the highest scoring, most purchased Shotgun.

At all.

Whatsoever.

Really, the Jackhammer is a beast. Basically a 2.5 Pellet Spread PA when you use burst mode.
  3. RasFW

The Lasher. Thats why I play HA.
    • Up x 2
  4. KnightCole

For the machinegun, shield, rocket and just cuz the HA is overall pretty bad ***.
  5. MrWolf3

All of the above.
  6. Badname1652

Because heavies, medics, and engineers are all you need!
  7. Crackulous

For 50-100 bullets instead of 30.
  8. LownWolfe

its called the jokehammer cause getting kills is a joke. blam blam
  9. Unblest

I use the class because I like lmgs. I play other classes and do pretty well on the TR and NC.. I use the HA class because when I started I spent the most time with it and like to go in and cover my friends who are Engies or Medics I may die but they got an opportunity to get someone else up.
  10. Mxiter

To kill stuff in fontal assault.

Why using infiltrator?
    For killing stuffs at 250m or cloak+smg+AP mines fanking and hacking stuffs.
    Why using LA?
    For flanking and/or C4ing vehicles/Maxes.
    Why using medic?
    To rez/heal friendlies and for using those awsome ARs.
    Why using engeneer?
    To reapair, drop mines and use AI/AV turret.
    Why use max?
    to get more firepower and survivability.

I just swich my class for what i need or what i plan to do.
    • Up x 1
  11. RyanGUK

I'm not fussed on Light Assault, just think it's a disadvantage to be flying around like a clay pigeon.
    I'll be Engineer & Medic when necessary, but otherwise I'm a Heavy. I'm a Heavy because it's the first class I properly got into, and by god I love it.

Whenever I'm in a tight squeeze, I just slap on my shield and run for the hills. When I look at my guns, I actually think wow, these are pretty beast. When I get to pull out my rocket launcher, all the inferior classes look up to my enormous missile ejector. I get to use C4 as well, which is fun. Bewm.

I love the durability you get as a heavy, it actually goes a fair way I think. You can also play as near enough any class whilst being a Heavy, in the sense that you can sneak about like an infiltrator as a heavy and go around tanks (trust I've done it). If they spot you, shields up and peg it. I think it's just a superior class, all rounder greatness.

Also, the LA7 Anchor is the bees knees and I would never depart from it. <3
  12. PrimePriest

To be ultimate killing machine second only to MAX suit?
  13. Akeita

Any class with skills can do the same, pretty much HA is for anti vehicle range ( C4 from LA is only for sneaking up behind, trying to fly right in front of vehicle to drop C4 is simply stupid ) and to prevent max spam.... ( Rocket can actually hit straight into a body, not necessary hit the ground to make damage like BF4 )
  14. Iridar51

As a dedicated LA player with some experience in other classes, I don't see a thing wrong with the heavies.
    Cheap shield? How is it cheaper than an ability to fly or cloak yourself?

Maybe heavies are a bit messed from the design perspective, but they fit the world of planetside 2 TDM just fine.
  15. janeTEXAS

Because this

16. BigBooty

Versatility.
    Heavy does good against infantry, depending on what weapon I have for the situation, and it's able to at least scare off, if not kill tanks and aircraft. You don't get more versatile than that. No seriously.

You don't.
  17. oumajgad

Why? Because I can toss 3 anti-vehicle grenades in small room filed with infrantry and maxes, and if anything survives shoot it with rocket launcher.
    No tricks, no dancing around... just brute force.
  18. Gav7x

Because i dont like cheap prowler spam.

And i love the phoenix
  19. Ragmon

Only for the rocket-launchers, gets rid of those pesky sundys and rocket-pod spammers (I only hate em if they us it in infantry). If I need to shoot something I got LA.
  20. ghostwalkn

Versatility (suppression, support, AA, AV)

basically a one man army

I can destroy or severely damage any vehicle in the game pretty quickly. I can engage silently up close, or from afar with a rifle, or take down multiple targets with huge magazines.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.