Why do YOU play Heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GeminiSol, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shafee

Rockets, and the fact that the other two classes I tried playing feel incomplete. They really should start updating the classes for this game. At least the heavy has more things going on and feels "full"
  2. Pie Chasm

I like to equip a shotgun with my heavy, because I like my tears extra salty.
    • Up x 1
  3. GeminiSol

Yes now we are at a longer range where SMGs can kill shotguns cannot. Plus now I'm on a roof. I can already taste those tears of yours.
  4. MKEYCKOR

I play heavy assault because I am an infantry only player 99% of the time. Heavy assault gives me the tools I need as infantry only to deal with just about every situation. If you are "spraying people down", chances are you aren't very good or just can't aim. Cheap overshield? Are you saying that there is no cost to it or that you feel it's unfair for a heavy assault class to have extra protection vs. large numbers of infantry players? The actual costs in certs is not "cheap" either, and no, no one cares about what the first 4 ranks cost, we're talking total cost. Point is, you use the class for ALL three of the advantages you get in combat. I play heavy assault because it gives me the ability to kill 4-10 sometimes more players per life while also being able to engage Air targets and Vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  5. GeminiSol

Valid points yes, But the Heavy assault is the only thing that can truly kill me. Every time i'm facing a Heavy, I lose. Behind them or not. Every time I play as a Heavy I win. All the time. Now with the Resist shield I don't win 100% of the time. Because I like playing fair. I like dying. But not constantly and only by one class. Over. And over. It is the only class that ruins killing spree's. It can get a Concussion grenade, Anti tank grenade, LMG's, Shotguns, SMG's, The battle rifles, Rocket launchers and pistols. They have a shield that you press a button and you win a 1v1 fight or more than a 1v1. Plus every time I see a Heavy assault they are usually the ones to die last. They get no Disadvantage. That's why they should be balanced. Instead of absorbing damage, Why not make the Resist shield the default and make the NMG a tad bit better but make it the one you cert into. Remove the Adrenaline shield. Making the Resist shield cheaper and better of course. Have it so that LMG's have more recoil forcing you to burst. Oh screw Hipfire, What the hell are you doing in CQC any ways? Have it so you have a Flak resistant shield and a Small arms resistant shield. There now you have a choice of Anti infantry or Anti vehicle combat or air.
  6. Mxiter

because for you HA is Imba/OP?

Because Jetpack, cloak, hack, self aera healing, rezzing tool, repair tool AI/AV turrets, AP/AT mines, recon darts are usless, don't feeds certs and all class relies 100% about killing stuffs to get XP?

You looks like an Infiltrator that complain to lose against HA face to face...

HA are made for frontal assault.
    Engies and medic are support classes, infiltrator/LA are flanking/sniping class. Thoses classes are supposed to be weaker (and have also access to higher DPS/lower TTK weaponry) Play your class strength and QQ less.

Others as stupids thread can be done about every class:

-Too much coward cloaked snipers please nerf low risk-high reward nooby sniping.
    -Can't see cloacked infiltrator over 10m and under 10m SMGs shred you (especially with lag where infiltrators start shooting while still appears cloacked) so EZ mode, please nerf cloak and/or SMGs.
    -OMG LA C4ed me so easily.
    -LA jetpacks are OP, they always kills me when i'm behind the line and clean almost instantly an entriere room while all my mates were looking at the other door.
    -Medic rez nades are OP, especially since nowdays most of them run with grenade bandolier.
    -Medic needs balance, they rezzed 30 guys, 10 maxes and just killed me with them OMFGimba AR.
    -Engeneers are OP: it just blowed up instantly my 12 guys sundy with tanks mines on the road.
    -I damages XX vehicles, it get cover 10 sec and came back full life, please nerf repair tool.
    -Engie turre are dammn too strong: invulnerable shield on AI turrets makes them almost invincible. Unlumited range/ammos/accuracy high damges AV turret and deals also terrible damages to aircrafts, please nerf. (even if those turrets are really dammn too strong)

Enouth typical bad players "it killed me please nerf" QQ?
    HA is the first line grunt, don't attack it face to face or you gonna die most of time. WIthout that ability, the HA would be a engeneer downgrade.

Personally I have no issues to kill HA with LA/CM/Engie: the TTK is so mall that Aiming skill>Overshieldshield and i don't play trololo cloakers.
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

Because it is faceroll.
  8. Pikachu

I play it when the enemy has too many vehicles around or when. Tanks or aircrarft. Sometimes I use it to destroy mana turrets with phoenix which is alwaya fun. In older days I played it for the versatility, tank destroying and jackhammer.
  9. janeTEXAS

having 4 concussion nades is a huge advantage
  10. DarkwolfAU

Because I don't feel useless if I'm on foot and the air/armour/MAXes start rolling in.
  11. Pie Chasm

Real men use slugs on their shotguns.

I use my rocket launcher for CQC.

Hope you got the new flak and the old nanoweave.
  12. Poak2

I play heavy mostly cause of all three reasons but mostly the fact it can mow people down while sustaining with their oversheild. The only thing I really hate about it, would be where you can't sneak up on vehicles with C4.
  13. Hibiki54

Gauss SAW.
  14. Rigs

You sound like one the hundreds of infils I out shoot everyday. Did you come here to whine how easy heavy is?

Every since the purge, bads are allowed to post this garbage.

An infil can sit on a hit with no risk and snipe people. A heavy is a bad *** who gets in close. Learn what skill is before you cry. I am going to laugh even harder when a infil tries to uncloak, spray me down and still dies, now that I read your pathetic post.
  15. Saool

I a was a pretty mid to low aim player. When I first started playing I simply could not compete in a gun fight as anything else.

These days I see that as more of a placebo. My aim is much better and the shied is only going to keep you up for a seconds more at best. However I still play majority HA as I have grown to love playing a heavy support role that can slug it out up close and personal in cqc when required.
    • Up x 1
  16. efil4mocx

I played it when I first got into PS2 because it is the easiest, most forgiving class to play with no barrier to entry and no skill required. I was (and still am) able to achieve the most with the least amount of skill.
    It is the easiest class to get kills/certs with.
  17. Inf1nite

18. Mxiter

bceause frontal assault with any other class (but max) is stupid.
  19. Amarsir

I started on Heavy because I needed the extra survivability to make up for lack of skill. As that improved I started using Heavy purely when I needed rockets, favoring light assault for general roaming.

Recently I find that Heavy Assault is my go-to when fighting superior numbers. If there's a half-squad capping a base and it's just me trying to hold them off for a while, heavy shields are the edge I need to start whittling them down.
  20. CptFirelord

I started playing heavy because it had the most... 'cushioning' for my lack of skill at the time I started playing. Now, I'm gravitating away from HA, using it only when I feel like spamming rockets at armor.

Since your question was clearly sarcastic, let me ask you one with sarcasm equal to, or more than your own.

Why do YOU play Infiltrator? Is it to enjoy Claymores/Betties/Prox mines? Is it to enjoy your invis cloak? Perhaps you like to OHK people from a safe distance that their LMGs, Carbines, and Assault Rifles can't accurately fire or deal damage? Or maybe you just like running around with your little darts so you can see the location of every enemy within the radius? Or do you just like cloaking, decloaking when you want to spray someone with your SMG, and the cloaking again running away to cover? Or perhaps you just like doing all these things?
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.