Why do YOU play Heavy?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by GeminiSol, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBloodEagle

I just play heavy now because I've played HA almost my whole entire time since BETA. I don't find it that enjoyable anymore, I barely enjoy the other classes. I guess I still play now because of the money I've spent on cosmetics, etc. Bleh.

I'm wanted for this game to stop dragging its feet, to finally bring out more content, more weapon & suit customization, more weapon choices. To newbies, it's not a big deal, but from someone playing since BETA, everything has become ultra stale.
  2. drNovikov

I play heavy because I like hunting down vehicles. My guerrilla HA with a silenced GD-22S, a Phoenix launcher, a couple of C4's and a concussion grenade is like an infiltrator without the cloak. I go behind enemy lines and blow up tanks. A missile in the back when a spawncamper tries to repair works like a charm.
  3. LownWolfe

More like Gorilla heavy, lumbering neanderthals.
  4. acksbox

All three.

LMGs are probably the best mid-range small arms.

The overshield is potentially ~700 more damage you can take that other classes cannot.

Rockets are great against almost everything moving slowly or in a straight line.

150 with extended mag.

I think you're crazy.
  5. Kuriby

Because anyone who argues that Heavies are not THE BEST overall class in game are complete idiots.

IMO heavies are OP as hell because of their utilities and shield. You simply cannot win a 1on1 fight with a heavy as any other infantry class because of the shield itself. I dunno why PS2 thought 500+ more life is a "good" utility.

Oh and lets not forget they are the ONLY class with AA/AV capabilities that can be effectively and efficiently spammed with ammo packs.

All the classes have their purposes. And yes at extreme distances the sniper is better, when being very sneaky the infiltrator is better, when you need to get behind enemy flanks the LA is better. However, at the end of the day Heavies will always be the GO TO class in a general battle.
  6. Chazt

I am just going to ignore the condescending undertones here.

I play heavy because it is the only way for infantry to properly deal with threats on the battlefield. Infantry units are already weak enough as it is, with having to worry about rocket pods, tank shelling, shredder aircraft, maxes, etc etc etc.

There is nothing more frustrating than being unable to deal with a threat, when you come across an enemy aircraft, tank or sunderer as a light assault? You ignore it. As a Medic? Ignore it. As an infiltrator? Ignore it. As a Engineer? Ignore it. You are useless against that enemy. Congrats. All of these classes require alternate equipment in order to deal with vehicle threats (C4, Mines, AT Turret etc) and even can't properly deal with all threats (None of this equipment is an effective way of dealing with aircraft for example)

And then you have the heavy assault, the guy who can harm these major threats, the guy who can make himself take a few more hits in order to get the shots off he needs in order to deal with these people. A heavy assault is by far my favorite class because he is never useless. He is never unneeded and will always be able to provide for his team. Can he mow down legions without without being seen and juking enemies like a light assault? Nope. Can he pick off enemies from a distance or steal vehicle depots and crippling a base? Nope. He can't repair a vehicle and he can't revive a teammate. He has one job and one job only. Deal with the major threats so the rest of your team can do their job and it is absolutely required in order to have any hopes of infantry units being viable in the vehicle war that is planetside 2.
  7. Mxiter

Funny that most of players complaining of HA shields plays mainly LA or infiltrator... :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  8. Thelarian

Because heavy in composite armor actually looks like soldier from the future
  9. maudibe

If you are in a zerg it matters not as there are plenty of other guys in tanks, aircraft and as HA to deal with any variables, but... if you are with say 20 guys defending an outpost from the onslaught of an advancing opposition, they ALWAYS have multiple tankers and infantry. How do deal with tankers? if you moved on ahead of the advancing hoard to the next outpost you can get your engi tank mines laid in advance and hope it works and then lay out your proximity mines and get a few guys in doorways but. the fighting will continue on as their sundee will just spawn more.

Once a tanker gets killed he has to wait the 10 min to get another. Often the base your defending wont spawn tanks, so you have to go to a further base and drive them up, and few will even consider this as an option. You can go put a way point on your base, spawn back at the warp gate, get a ESF and fly back for some action but....they will invariably have Skygaurd lightnings and anti aircraft Maxs can be spawned from the Sundee to deal with you, or HA with lock ons will take you out, and since i dont have the 1000 certs to get ground rockets for the ESF, i can do little damage with the nose gun, ( a full mag-75 rounds- will not kill a tank). So...

HA is my most used class because they ALWAYS are planes and tanks to deal with. If i go out as a Medic to support the dying troops, a few tankers roll up and kill everyone easily. If I go out as an Engi and set up a AP turret ,then a sniper, or HA with rockets will set up and kill me.
    My load out has the 50 round more accurate MSW-R (TR) with 3.4 scope and with controlled bursts I can get long range kills and it is the best HA gun when equipped with the laser sight for hip fire close in (of course its not as good as the Engi or Medics hip fire potential guns). I also carry C-4 (1 brick) and an ammo belt for the extra 2 rockets so I can actually finish a tank off if lucky. The C-4 works if I can lure a Max thru a doorway and have time, or sneak up on a Sundee and gift the C-4 and then walk back and hit it with the Rockets in addition - to almost finish it off, 2 bricks and it would be a done deal but I don't have the certs and its rare to get close enough to plant the C-4 anyway.

Everytime I see a mass of dead teamates I go and get the Medic set up and without fail a Max or tank column shows up and i wish i had stuck with HA.

As an HA , I dont really kill many tanks or Air but I sure make them keep their distance and when I show up and get a lock they retreat, every time. Those that don't end up dead. When 2 or 3 HAs with locks ons fire on the same tank, its life expectancy is very limited. Air will always keep their distance once they've had locks on. I got for 250 certs 1 each of the air and vehicle lock on launcher, because.....the combo ones cost much more AND....cant be hip fired, can only be fired with a lock on and many times i play hide and seek around a tree or rock outcropping and need to pop out and hip fire that rocket, or I WOULD DIE waiting for the lock.

The Planes and Tanks will dominate an infantry , if the infrantry has no : 1. superiors numbers, 2. no lock on launchers, as C-4 fairys and tank mines are not really a threat. Only HAs and Maxs can deal with the Vehicles and Maxs are slow to hide and dont regenerate their health well without an Engi, besides costing the resources.
  10. HawtSauss

I play HA because I like to be involved in all the killing instead of being "support"
  11. bLind db

I played a medic for awhile but wanted to focus on the enemy, not the ally. I usually run solo and pugs do a TERRIBLE job of protecting their medic, so I would just rather make sure that I'm the one doing the killing.
  12. VoidMagic

I play heavy, because I like pushing objectives aggressively for the Sovereignty.
    I tried medic for a while, but, my playstyle is just far too aggressive for most other
    classes, except of course engineer, which I play far more often, lol.
  13. Crackulous

150 rounds; that's only if you're TR or NC.
  14. GeminiSol

I mainly play the Medic/Engineer/Infiltrator and succeed with them. I play heavy assault often, But not to the point of having 10+ hours on it (200+ hours on other classes). Mainly due to the fact that I feel like some sort of Bullet sponge in fights lesser than a MAX but smaller of a target. Especially in Tower related fights (Crossroads/Crown for example). Basically the enemy crowds in those stairs while my allies fight them off. Throw a concussion, rush in and press the Shield button. Get around 5-16 kills before dying and doing it again. That sounds like a Fair and fun class right? Being able to absorb 700 or so damage before taking Shield damage and health damage (which is 1000 HP mixed with Nanoweave resistance) with a LMG which usually consists of 167-200 damage or less. Putting entire clips inside the backs of my enemies. Or when its a 1v1 fight and you just throw on those shields and spray the Enemy down. They don't last a chance. Unless its a MAX. But by then it would already have a Concussion grenade coming its way and a rocket or two. Maybe a stick of C4.

Now beyond my OP Adventures with the Heavy assault and basically being a Better MAX. They just need to revamp the class. Make it less newbie friendly, more skilled based and make it Balanced. That's all they need to do.
  15. Reelmann

wow really? you played less than 10 hours with heavy and figured he's overpowered? bads like you need to stop talking about game balance. GOOD infils can kill heavies GOOD infils know their value is not 1v1 but using darts and misdirecting the enemy.
    200 baddie infil telling us that heavies need to be "balanced"

Why do infils get free wall hacks? Why infils get to leave the spawn room when a heavy will get shot if he does?

You bads have no idea how to balance anything.

700 damage shield? YOU DO KNOW THAT IF MAKES HEAVIES SLOW AND EASIER TO HIT RIGHT?

LMGs? YOU DO KNOW THEY HAVE THE HIGHEST TTK OF ANY WEAPONS OTHER THAN PISTOLS?

Also I am embarrassed that more of so called heavies on these forums tell you the same. Go back to your hill for your easymode sniping.
  16. GeminiSol

And you tell me that's ''Easymode''
  17. GeminiSol

Actually I don't recall calling Heavies ''Baddies'' which is actually what a child would come up with. But I do remember calling them OP. And like I said, Its the way I speak on the forums. I get more attention when I speak like that, so I'll continue to do so.

Now I don't wish to disturb your ''1337 Skeelz'' with the Heavy assault any further. So good day Junior.
  18. DG-MOD-04

This topic has gone down hill as well, cleaning and locked. Please, read the forum guidelines and take them into consideration when you post to these forums. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.