Why do people hate KDR so much??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, Jun 21, 2013.

1. LT_Latency

Not really, You can argue your point without calling everyone out IMO.

You could be doing that to a 5 year old you know
  2. Tristan

When we're talking about personal player stats, the context IS a player's stats. If someone holds an opinion, there's usually a reason they hold that opinion. If someone is against eating rabbits, and they make statements like 'No one should eat rabbits!' in a public forum, I definitely want to know and point out if they own rabbits as pets.
  3. Gedd

how often do these uber stat folks stay back to deal with the LA/Inf that are always there after the amp station etc has been taken
    answer they dont they roll out in their armour/aircraft asap
    there are many different play styles in this game using a few silly stats to judge people is hilarious
    • Up x 1
  4. DrunkenDoughnuts

I like these threads! Around and around we go. I personally don't go around saying people with low SPM or low K/D are bad, so I dunno what the deal is with everyone going around saying that high K/D players are bad. Both arguments are silly. I play the way that is fun for me and a way that I can be effective. I also don't like giving other people XP. If that makes other people mad/sad/glad then whatever. It's still F2P................right? :eek:

That's a good point. I'm not smart enough to do graphic design stuff and be able to come up with a cool sig, and I don't know anyone who knows how to do that stuff. So I just use these PSU sigs since they're free and look nice.
  5. Tristan

I'm going to be a dick and call you out again, because it is relevant to what you just said.

You have a K/D of .6 and your accuracy is 16%. You are definitely not the person I want to leave in charge of mopping up threats. Stats have meaning. Denying that they do is a symptom of not wanting people to look at your stats.
  6. LT_Latency

You could just people with lower KDR tend not to like it Point made.

Or

Just start calling everyone out.
  7. LibertyRevolution

You my friend should stop talking, I have grenade bandoleer 2 and toss smoke all the time.

My playstyle is rush in and die, and i die a lot.. I play for the team, not for myself...
    I will rush into a heavy assaults knowing I will die, but the guys behind me will take them out and we will push them and take that point..
    I run at tanks with C4, running into the thick of it without a care in the world about how many times I have to die before I down that armor..
  8. Tristan

Hint: You make this point by calling them out.
  9. Tristan

Attempting to be useful is not the same thing as actually being useful.
  10. haldolium

That.

It destroys team efforts and values only the egomaniac.
  11. CptFirelord

To address the title of the thread "Why do people hate KDR so much?" the simple answer lies in the entirety of Planetside itself. KDR is about an individuals' achievements, which do not matter, and have never mattered in Planetside. PS1 was always about the group, the team, the outfit, the faction's achievements, not the individual. Bases / Continents are what's important, not your KDR, and in the very essence of having the KDR posted under stats, Planetside has changed from that multi-layered, "More than just a game" everyone loved, into just another FPS.
  12. LT_Latency

ok, i guess i know what type of person you are.
  13. CptFirelord

Certainly not you with less than 6k kills total.
  14. LT_Latency

My problem with this, Is capping stuff is usually getting into a massive ball of doom and turning on the steam roller.
  15. Keiichi25

KDR and any stat keeping track of kills, deaths, score are just the problem in general. People give a crap about it because it is what other people 'measure' themselves over others.

Our own competitive nature will always make us find something to 'measure' ourselves against others to feel either superior or inferior to others. This game does nothing more than fuel that. Now if we simply remove any metrics with regards to that for the players, you will see that people will get bored because most are using it to make them feel good about how they are owning others.

Me. I rather just have a fight, but get pissed off when I can't get kills accordingly. But at the same time, I like denying some people their 'kill' at times. But then again, I play a much more vindictive game because denial, while it is unsportmanlike, I treat the fight like war.
  16. Mythicrose12

You have quite the opinion of yourself considering (as was already pointed out) boosters, vehicles, afk time, etc all influce those very ratios. For the record, you're likely an average player like myself. The difference right now between your KDR and mine, is the amount of time (and kills) spent in vehicles rather than being a ground pounder. You may (or may not) also use an exp boost.

Your comments come across as though you need KDR (or other stats) to make yourself seem a "winner" or boost your self esteem. You apparently belittle those with stats worse than your own (classic internet bully). Why? KDR, SPM, etc are all wasted, meaningless stats that can be padded. Time played with classes and vehicles, weapon kills, etc. give a more detailed look in to what an individual likes to do.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Someone has to go first.. that someone is most likely to die..
    I know you can't understand this concept as your avatar is an infiltrator...

I don't camp spawn rooms or hills shooting at people from safety to feel good about myself.
    I feel good when my team can push out that spawn as I am willing to die to blind them maxes with smoke so my team can advance.
  18. Tristan

This is exactly what I mean about looking at stats in conjunction with other stats. You have about 30% more kills than I do but 300% more playtime.

But good job attempting to do the math, I guess.
  19. LT_Latency

Or team, matherson vs get like 45 % world population
  20. Tristan

You should probably take a look at what my most used weapons are, and then decide if sitting on a hill is useful with an SMG.