Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bNy_

What SOE kind of forgot or didn't know is that certs is beyond more valuable than station cash,why someone might ask? Because with certs you can unlock everything, you can't do that with station cash.

Also station cash can be bought for next to nothing at all... If I try out a weapon that I like and decide to buy it, I value less than 30 minutes of work irl and put that money into a game I enjoy over 10 hours of boring cert grinding (if it's a 1k cert weapon).

However somewhere along the way SOE forgot to take into consideration the time it takes to get certs and that most people actually buy boosters and premiumship just to be able to get them in a pace that's not measured in light years.

My guess is that someoen not to familar with the game got the job on his desk, thought to himself "SC cost money, certs are free, therefore it should be pretty fair and not to much to refund certs in this rate...", passed along the algorithm, everyone just assumed it wouldn't cause any problems and voilá, another great patch by SOE.
    • Up x 6
  2. Sahansral

Thank you for re-opening the thread.

Please SOE: Roll back this Cert refund. I take an educated guess, you make weekly backups saving the database before the Updates. So taking both, the data from last week and the current one, you should be able to subtract the refunded certs without loosing the data about purchases or regularly earned Certs during the last days. Only disadvantage, I can imagine, is that people have to manually recert items/levels they unlocked during the last days after the last Patch (but wihtout loosing any Certs besides those refunded).
    Yes, people should get compensation for too much spent SC. Talk with your legal advisors, perhaps thers a compromise possible, something like tokens that enable new weapons. Those token needn't to be implement asap. Take your time. I think, everyone can have the patience for a solution that will make all happy.
    • Up x 2
  3. Phrygen

well its worth the same, its just that they don't mean anything reflective on players anymore. At all.
    • Up x 1
  4. bobzebrick

^^ This, I'd even take full re-certification over the sorry state we currently sit in. Wipe everyone and give out certs based on BR, give the double buyers boosts instead or certs at a much lower rate if you have to, but nothing like we saw.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phazaar

It doesn't invalidate the leaderboards; it invalidates what they show. Having a high score also means that you've worked hard and now reap the rewards of being exceedingly versatile; far more so than a BR1. So if you've worked for your levels for that, yes, the boast is 'I'm BR 100', but the meaning is 'I've got 80k certs invested'; now, the entire leaderboard of -actual- score (certs) is absent of almost any BR100 players. SOE's solution to this? Sweep it under the rug. Great.

Once again, you not playing them does not mean that millions of people don't play them and don't thoroughly enjoy them. BR1's are just as much a threat as BR100s, but BR100 shows prestige. That's now been taken away by giving the actual reward (minus the cosmetic) for money, and far less money than the time invested.

Also, you're completely wrong about money>certs. Certs are worth -far- more than money. I can go to work for 30 minutes, close a deal and come home with £4000. That £4000 is ~ $6000. $6000 is 600,000 SC. 1,800,000 on triple SC day. That is (according to SOE's metric) worth 3,600,000 certs. 3,600,000 certs is (at a high rate of earning) 36,000 hours of game play. Even if I took commission out of the model and just looked at salary, it'd take me a month and a half working 10 hours a day to earn that £4000. 360 hours. 36,000 hours is worth a hell of a lot more than 360 hours, in my books.
    • Up x 1
  6. TrashManCan

It all leaves a very bitter taste. I hope they can do something to appease us customers.

Time for SOE to stop the endless money grab on new weapons and start fixing their game. So many bugs and meta-game problems atm.
  7. Kedyn

I doubt that at this point SOE will "roll back" the cert grant. Keep in mind that many of people who received a large amount of certs also spent a significant amount of money on the game. I personally have given SOE a little over $400 in money in subscription costs, Station Cash, and Station Cash cards given to me as gifts. You don't alienate loyal customers that have proven they are willing to give you a lot of money - that's Business 101.

Perhaps in the future they will reevaluate the 2 certs per 1 SC. I would have been just as happy with receiving 30,400 certs, though I was perfectly happy receiving anything at all.

The problem with making a big deal about this now is that any future grants/payouts will probably be less than 2 certs per 1 SC. I hope that you're all keeping this in mind when there is another grant in the future where you would have received a significant amount of certs.

My BR26 Vanu doesn't appear as a BR100. For all that other players know, they're being killed by someone with the same amount of certs as a BR26. I have yet to be called a "wallet warrior" for the certs I wrongfully "purchased". Also, Higby has said that they are figuring out a way for the granted certs not to appear on the leaderboards, so at this point it is only a "bug". People also didn't look at "certs earned" as a metric for success before the cert grant - they looked at score, kills, and k/d.

Again, people that bought items weren't buying certs - they were buying items.
  8. Kedyn

Alienating loyal customers that have proven in the past that they will spend a lot of money is always a bad idea. They're not rolling anything back.
    • Up x 1
  9. Phrygen

higby basicly said "we are sorry, but its not big deal and it doesn't matter, so we wont do anything"

i suggest mouth wash
    • Up x 3
  10. SamizdatCowboy

It's so stupid because all they had to do was show the premium/boost customers like myself a little love. Do... something. Don't just stonewall or say "sorry, but really it's not a big deal." That's crap. I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game, the cert grants were a huge betrayal and insult to loyal paying customers such as myself. You've basically forced me into a corner where I feel I have no choice but to quit PS2, out of simple self respect. I don't want to quit PS2 you idiots, but if you're going to basically take paying customers such as myself for granted, what choice do I have!

I'm not some free-to-play gamer whining, I'm a paying customer and you've made an absolute mockery of the money I've invested in this game.

*What* baloney.
    • Up x 3
  11. CHDT65

Same as you.
    Still playing the game with fun,
    but no more money from me.

Let's see if the "wallet warriors" (very funny) will buy things as much as the former paying customers.
  12. Kedyn

I probably will. I have a Walmart gift card from work that I'm going to use on some SC cards for some camos and the new stuff in the next 2 updates.

I keep hearing about more unlocks becoming account-wide - there may be another cert grant in the future.
  13. Phrygen

well... they have 6 months to make it up to me...
  14. Zan_Aus

But I've spent a lot of money on this game (including double purchases I might add) and I got nothing. They alienated me enough to cancel my membership and stop buying boosts. Its a mess in all directions.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sahansral

I feel really stupid for buying six months membership and heroic boost to reduce a tedious part of the game: the grind.
    To think and trust SOE, that walking the long way would eventually pay off!
    I feel like a fool for waiting for SOE to implement the re-certification or faction switch conveniance items.
    In retrospective, the solution to all problems would haven been investing the same money in bundles and duplicate items (after using up all character slots, of course).
    Additional benefit: Having the all the unlocked toys available on different chars and being able to 4th faction.
    This refund was wrong on so many levels. Especially for those, having invested their money in membership/boosts and having stayed faction loyal.
    • Up x 2
  16. SRMetalWolf

Exactly my thoughts on the issue, ive spent over 30k station cash on 1 toon, had all the boosts and 12 months membership as well as Alpha squad preorder and i feel i got a rotten deal.
    P.S. Needless to say my 12 months membership is canceled and no more station cash purchases ever ...
    • Up x 1
  17. SRMetalWolf

Wanted to add another thing which i forgot to mention, i did buy several bundles with duplicate items which ive purchased before as a single item and i did not get any cert refund, however several people i know got a cert refund while they did not purchase anything. So just a guess but i think they SOE screwed up with cert refunds for SC duplicate purchases too.
    :)
    • Up x 1
  18. biterwylie

Dude. You talk about self respect...... You did not loose anything you paid for.
  19. biterwylie

Did you get your money back when you cancelled you membership?
  20. TrashManCan

Why makes these comments? It's obvious by the apology (which goes no way to resolving the problem) that they got it wrong.

If it doesn't matter to you why post? Just to troll?

It has upset and alienated a lot of players. It surprises me that anyone who has paid for memberships and SC could not be unhappy by this.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.