Update on the Briggs Server

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taurangaNZ

Its because SOE can't afford real programmers.
  2. Incentive Legend

I just wasted almost 1 hour trying to login to this game. 10-15 mins of loginside which would end in CTD everytime. Ended up logging into connery in less then 1 minute only to cop 10000+ ping slap in the FACE!!.

This game is dead on briggs server. GG SOE way to screw the asia pacific community. im SOOOOOO FRIGGEN glad i never bought membership. SOOOO happy!!!! ;) Money well saved IMO!!!
  3. Kulantan

Suppot tickets are going to be a better way to do this than the forum. I just submitted mine. Remember to remind them that Aussie law gives us rights like "services must actually work if you pay money for them".

http://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees
    • Up x 3
  4. Ninyth

Membership cancelled.
    • Up x 2
  5. GotCerts

If it hasn't been mentioned, these long login times only seem to occur during peak times. At around 5pm - 9pm Sydney time. I have no trouble logging in at 6 am in the morning at all (Sydney time)
    • Up x 1
  6. dirtYbird

Well it went out to well over an hour and I never got on.
  7. ZaphodBeeblebrox

I could not login to Briggs at all tonight. According to ps2loginstatus.com the login success rate was 19% (per attempt) when I checked and one guy had been waiting 50 minutes! The state of this server is a disgrace. What is worse however is SOE's failure to keep us informed of what's going on. 2 minutes every couple of days too much to ask?

The lack of communication has been a PR DISASTER. Didn't you have a community manager somewhere? Too busy, eh?
    • Up x 1
  8. Badger1972

Membership cancelled. I like to jump on for a quick blatt but waiting 15mins to log in over and over is a bit of a joke. Fix it and I will sign up again.....
    • Up x 1
  9. Kulantan

Remember to submit a support ticket asking for a refund.
    • Up x 1
  10. Stax 496

Idk about you lot but i think its time we should transfer our characters from briggs back to the U.S.A where the login times are not excessive, and where there are actually enough players to fill each of the maps whilst having decent fights. Everything is greener on the other side of the fence since the lag probably wont be that bad... that way they can focus their money on running one really good upgraded american server rather than do a half ***** job on australia. At the moment there is not much keeping aussie players from playing other fps games since pop is low and login is long atm.
  11. Ian_M

Wow. It takes 2 months to even seriously look at a problem.
    In the mean time many people are cancelling and asking for refunds.
    That is exceptionally poor management & a shameful way to do business.
    Have been unable to login at all today. Thought I would try again but just crashed again while waiting.
    At least its being looked at I guess.

If it is not FIXED PERMANENTLY VERY SOON then the server is likely finished.

Even if fixed it is likely any Briggs players will be very reluctant to become premium members for quite a while.

Something simple I hope those in charge at SOE can understand and put into practice.

1/ Fix game
    2/ Players pay money
    3/ Profit

Hope it sinks in!
    • Up x 3
  12. Kulantan

Many, many of us would leave the game entirely if Briggs were to shut down. If you want to play on an American server please just make a character there. If you want your current character there then ask for transfer tokens to be introduced. Don't ask that they wreck what little remains of the Briggs community.
    • Up x 3
  13. Librux

i know this is about Briggs but yesterday on Connery i noticed some server lag and hitching not sure if all servers are like this. SOE see if there is a prob with your servers again cos i was on waterson and it had hitching and server lag to.
  14. Dr. Curiosity

I wouldn't bother trying to log in right now. We're currently down to a 9% successful login rate, with an average 4m55s wait time. Happy ANZAC Day, mate.
    • Up x 3
  15. BluescalesNZ

If you want an idea of how absolutely ******* abysmal it is currently, it's taken me an hour and four crashes and counting to log on in each of my three characters, and all I'm trying to do is get my free daily certs. Unless this downtime completely fixes or seriously reduces the problem, I don't know if I can be bothered trying to play anymore, it's not worth the frustration. A shame, because I've really enjoyed playing the game, when I could... you know, actually ******* play.
    • Up x 2
  16. yenleidong

[IMG]
    can not get through port udp 60000
  17. BluescalesNZ

Funny thing is, before this all happened I was seriously considering opening my wallet for a subscription. Not any more.

Oho, that's five times it's crashed now, trying to just log in.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dr. Curiosity

And worse, it's a silent crash, too. I'm not even getting any kind of failure status message when everything falls over.

The thing I really don't get: why isn't this bug being treated as mission critical, top priority? What is a more important concern to SOE than ensuring your players can continue to play your game?
    • Up x 2
  19. PeRXeRs

The game shows typical signs of a sinking ship. Just take the massive delay regarding Hossin or the ignoring of this unbelivable ammount of complaints on our totaly destroyed briggs server.

Planetside 2 had its peak last summer.Since then the managment and the dev team just lost all their motivation since there are enough dollars rolling in through the us servers. Maybe they will delete this post or just answer me that they are working sooo hard on the problems,but especially the Briggs issue proves everything I said.

To bad for this ones so great game...
    • Up x 1
  20. SpaceCommander

Pls give us the chance to go to another server with our character!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.