Update on the Briggs Server

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaphodBeeblebrox

All I want to know is when are you going to

FIX IT
    • Up x 1
  2. OccultoAU

I just cancelled my subscription.

This is ridiculous.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ikissyourface

here I am excited to test the new released 64bit client and I cant log in.

press login button wait several minutes then crash to desktop.

tried login to Server Connery, less than 3 seconds bam login successful.

Just transfer all our characters please. Close down Briggs its broken.
    • Up x 1
  4. taurangaNZ

NOOO.. soo close.. 100% loading.. then bang...

Game Error G9

Malfunction:

We've encountered a problem. Please try again later.
    • Up x 2
  5. taurangaNZ

SOE your trans cable provider must really shaft you at peak times. was it a shared connection with no service level agreement? even if you could log one of us in at a time at 10 second intervals.. that would be 360 logins per hour. can't you even manage that?
    • Up x 2
  6. Mr.Seacucumber

Working as intented
  7. taurangaNZ

you should just set it to 10 second timeout at peak times :) at least then others might get a chance to login.
  8. WeaverMSI

Beyond the disappointment and the industrial-scale squandering of goodwill, it is scarcely believable that SOE, as a division of Sony, doesn't even seem interested in having a presence in Asia—a region that now has more spending power than anywhere and boasts nations with world-leading connectivity.
    • Up x 2
  9. Daffyflyer

Yep, seems much worse since server changes/downtime. Neither me nor housemate could get on tonight.

At least 3 - 4 of my friends who played Planetside have given up on it lately, I hope for their own sake that SOE are treating this as a high priority to fix.
  10. daveske

Current Login Time

5 Mins 9 Secs

Current Success Rate

38% Successful
    This is unacceptable on any level from any game. I once supported SOE and planetside 2's development with SC purchases and membership. I wont make that mistake again. I have tried for 20 minutes, and multiple re-openings of the game for no result.
    • Up x 1
  11. Lufeng

It's the damn weekend and we can't even log in to play... it should be PRIME time...

The way SOE have handled the whole Briggs server situation has been abysmal. I've spent hundreds of dollars in support of PS2 (which doesn't bother me, as I was more than happy to support a game that really is in a league of its own) only for SOE to take a month and a half to so much as acknowledge there was a problem with Briggs' login. Whether intentional or not... your snail-like reaction times have basically killed the server and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the past two days it has been near impossible to log in. The icing on the cake was Radar X informing us we are not top priority... If an entire server unable to log in isn't a priority, what is? Because Hossin certainly isn't/hasn't/wasn't. Nor is replacing invulnerability in spawn rooms and the warp gate.... You monkeys really need to pull your thumbs out. Most people I know aren't going to bother spending more time logging into a game than they would actually playing it.

End of the day... I won't ever recommend an $OE game to any body, ever.
    • Up x 2
  12. Sahbahkah

They have not even given a quick we are looking into this guys... And even after the super long log in times it has a terrible lag/stutter about it just while running around looking for players before a random crash happens.. SOE what are you prepared to do for Briggs community to make this right?
    • Up x 2
  13. ZaphodBeeblebrox

I still can't believe the near-zero communication from SOE about this issue. Give us some info or get out of the way and give us someone who will.
    • Up x 2
  14. Nitish Sharma

2 days I couldn't even login a bit,yesterday it took 90+ mins to login each time I wanted to play,I usually play 6+ hours daily which goes to 14+ most of days but with the small TR buffs Briggs VS has fallen apart,I usually do vehicle play,but the population is low that going to air is suicide,get my scythe out of WG,NC or TR camping outside as they know only a few will come at a time,EASY KILLS,getting my Mag is even more risky,since we have the Eastern Warpgate,it's worse,Engi's with the AV turrets on top of hills,etc.And this is all because people can't login to have a fair fight with at least 30% pop of each faction,I just have to go to other continents to gather resources,takes 1 min every 5 mins,ie 12 mins every 1 hour is being wasted.
    I don't find any reason to extend my membership or buy any boosts now.
    Either Fix the servers quick OR
    Give double XP week-end ORlet us transfer our character to different server OR
    Population low faction should get upto 100% exta bonus on both XP and resources OR
    GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK
    • Up x 1
  15. KO-tic

SOE you're up there with EA
    • Up x 1
  16. DramracksAlterEgo

It's not the data connection from Sydney to LA - as I can log into my Connery server character straight away - therefore don't blame the internet for your crappy Sydeny server. Here is an idea - just have a Sydney server without the need to connect to the LA server continuously.
    • Up x 1
  17. Vanguard 2

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM SINCE THE 16TH!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. TheHolyCow123

It's been 2 weeks since this thread started...I think people at least deserve some kind of update or new acknowledgement of the honestly ridiculous issues on Briggs right now...
    • Up x 2
  19. TheHolyCow123

Also, in response to the original post...
    Am I meant to get mad at the Pacific Ocean???

DAYUM YOU OCEANS!!!
    • Up x 1
  20. Incentive Legend

[IMG]

This is a graph showing all attempts at login to briggs server during our prime-time.

Orange dots are failed attempts at logging in by asia-pacific based players. This generally results in a CTD or G99 error. If you are based in or around the US you shouldnt have to much of a waiting time.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.