[Suggestion] TR now severly lacking in anti-magrider weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Outreach

It's not like you have the fastest firing, highest velocity, highest dps, lowest drop main guns or anything. But yes please keep spewing your over exaggerated bs about how 15 tanks couldn't beat 2 magriders because they were strafing around at 23kph - 26kph.
    • Up x 3
  2. Shatteredstar

Magrider have their own benefits and downsides of course. Agility being one of the benefits but that is not to say they should soak a nerf. After all they have things like needing to turn the whole tank for the main gun and some of the craziest drop and weak vertical aiming of the main gun compared to others for example (The last is just a feel thing I think)

TR could use easier to use or more threatening at mid/long range options on the infantry level or their current options improved some to be able to manage against that agility a bit better. They don't really deal with locked down prowlers shelling from a distance after all, but similarly NC and VS do have infantry and/or max level tools that are empire specific as well to threaten or deter (lancer and vortex or Ravens, Phoenix has its own fanciness to harass things while in cover).

Striker harasses or even bothers anything at mid and long ranges really and fractures aren't really a grand threat either (and do more to say "kill me kill me" than kill or harm things to any degree at long range and have a harder time managing at those ranges given drop and velocity.)

None of the NC or VS items need needed, but TR could use their options brought up to a similar level of usefulness for the faction.
  3. Fleech

to be fair that can sometimes be the case depending on where the mag is. there are some places on each continent where mags can place themselves in spots that no amount of armor can cope with.

the cliffs above Valley storage yard for example is my favorite place to play Gandolf, denying armor passage.
  4. Mauzeraut

Giving the Striker the ability to coyote-lock vehicles solves most of the issues with it. Given Magrider's strafing it actually provides an interesting counter to the strafing.
    Magrider itself is surprisingly weak. Soloing in an AP Vanguard I could regularly take 2 on 1 AP magriders at range (effectively 4 on 1 players). Against PPA mags it was either free kills or a forced hasty retreat. Soloing an AP prowler isn't as good as the Vanguard, but I could take on 2/2 AP magriders reliably as long as I either saw them first or the same time they saw me. With a halberd or vulcan gunner they're a non-issue unless at extreme range.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fellgnome

The Ravens and Phoenix aren't available to TR. You're also not going to have a lot of luck charging out into the open trying to get a Decimator shot off on a Magrider camping on a hill. You'd have to somehow make it past what's likely a thermal PPA spammer in the second seat, get behind the Mag, and hit it with multiple decimator shots.

This is a ridiculous suggestion and no one is buying it.

AV turrets also only work in some situations, you are often just asking for death by sniper or tank round by sitting on a stationary turret. A HA or AV MAX doesn't have to set up a stationary turret to try to deal with tanks.

The AI argument stemmed from people bringing up Pounders which are often used more for AI than AV.

I agree that most posters have no business bringing up the stats though, especially since they often can't really understand that they don't prove directly how good a weapon is due to countless factors independent of a weapon's raw stats.
    • Up x 2
  6. Zotamedu

Coyote mechanic against vehicles would most likely be highly OP so they would have to nerf the damage down to the point where it's even more useless. Maybe it's just me but I don't want more lock-ons. I would gladly trade the Coyote mechanic for an extra rocket or two. That would give the Striker a short range sustained damage niche. So low alpha but high potential if you can get close enough to land all the rockets. By giving it more rockets instead of just a straight damage buff, you also increase the risk reward mechanic even more. It would still be niche but it would have some utility. As for longer range AV, it would be easiest to just give the Fractures a little bit more damage or to just nerf the other factions long range AV to make the game less frustrating.
  7. Ztiller

So what is the counter to the Prowlers DPS benefit, or the Vangaurds survivability?

The Magriders main and sole strength is its strafing and mobility. It is also the onlly strength that can be actively countered by player skill and lockons.

Why should the Magrider have some sort of deicated Anti-MAgrider weapons for it, when we have no specific Anti-DPS weapons, or Anti-Survivability weapons?
    • Up x 1
  8. Thornefear

Fair enough.

I also admit I could easily be wrong about the sniper rifle for Vanu. Just looked at the damage but never fired it outside of VR. With the multiplier it looks like enough, but we all now how things look on paper vs how they act in the game.
  9. Schizomatic

Amusingly enough, the only really effective AV weapon TR has against the Magrider is the Engy's AV turret, simply because that missile can change course in mid-air to correct for any initial accuracy on firing, and the Magrider's ability to evade. I say this is amusing because the AV turret is easily the most pathetic AV weapon in the game. At least HA can move around on hilltops and duck behind cover to reload. Engy's just sit there, begging for the inevitable blessing of a sniper's bullet, and have to stay there until the missile hits the target. You know, if they can even set a turret up, what with how finicky the turrets are on placement.
  10. Flag

What's wrong with AP-AP?
    That gives the Prowler higher velocity on the shells than both the Saron and the Enforcer ML.
    • Up x 1
  11. Taemien

So in otherwords you all need to L2P?

Sorry but people do kill MBT's with Deci's and Mana Turrets all the time. If you can't, then get good. Then you will.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheRunDown

TR's lack of long range apparently shouldn't be a problem next patch.
    Fracture like secondary AV weapon for Prowler.
    And Banshee like G30 Vulcan AI.

But I can't see the G30 Vulcan being very good at long range, we would just end up with a weapon like the PPA.
  13. Hybirdude

Your forum name is the same as your character name so I don't think you get to tell anyone to L2P.

You also have very few Deci/Shrike kills which puts your suggestion into question, not that it was ever a reasonable one.

Maybe for our amusement you should try making a video showing you running out trying to use a dumb fire on Magriders camping the hills around a base.
  14. Schizomatic

Indeed, Mana Turrets seem to be the best thing TR has going against Magriders. Those Mags have a lot harder time dodging a rocket that can be corrected in flight. I was hating on the Mana AV turret for a while because it's such sniper bait, but I found love again in the thing against Mags.
  15. Doc Jim

1 Choose Prowler
    2 Certify "Anchored Mode"
    3 ?
    4 Profit
  16. Schizomatic

If you want to be a free kill to a Mag, sure. At least stay mobile enough to duck back into cover for the inevitable repair.
  17. TriumphantJelly

Lots of things work very well becuase they're overused as a result of being the best things in their category, whilst many other things are next to useless but nobody talks about them because they aren't good for their argument or aren't something we talk about.

I DO main VS, I know how this stuff works.

Sidenote: The lancer isn't OP: It's just that even at short range, people refuse to do anything about it until it's too late. I set a vanguard to burning by myself because he didn't seem to care about me until he was in the red. Mostly unrelated, but I would just like to say it.
  18. TriumphantJelly

Not even acknowledging th opposition is a big flaw, your credibility dies.
  19. TriumphantJelly

So... Lock-ons aren't a valid point? When you're complaining about-

You know what? RadarX, get over here! Show me some magical stats that everybody sees abotu how the Prowler out-performs everything.
  20. TriumphantJelly

Also, I don't see any problem here:
    Fractures do their job poorly, but so do Vortices.
    Pounders need a nerf before they can be buffed.
    Locks work just fine.
    Decimators are good against campers.
    The AV MANA is accpetable.
    The Striker is no longer the lockon launcher that people whined about, obviously it needs more fixes now, but still.
    The Prowler OVERperforms.
    The secondaries are getting a role-swap.
    The ML-7 works acceptably too.
    C4 is still good.
    BANSHEE.
    Lolpods.
    Any nosegun, at that.
    Liberator.
    Galaxy.
    Base Turrets.

I'm just seeing some (not all) people posting about how the TR's lack of god-mode is a massive problem.