[Suggestion] TR now severly lacking in anti-magrider weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Oct 21, 2014.

1. gibstorm

And that is why we talked about the fact that your tanks get to places that prowler CANT go. Which means you have to send something else to get them and kill them OR you might not even be able to get a prowler close by.

AV mana turrents are common pool and SUCK unless you are outside render range which tankes that are farming you won't be.

TR doesn't have a lancer, or long range MAX AV weapons that is very good. or maybe a phonix that you can shoot over the wall to start hitting them on the mountains.

We have the Striker, which is still bad and lock down fractures which is really bad
  2. Flag

Then use Vulcan/Halberd Harassers, Libs, ESFs if you honestly can't get the Prowler there.
    Or jihadist flashes.
  3. gibstorm

Ok, I can't talk to you anymore. Sorry,

The thread is about the limitation of TR long AV for INF being a weakness in our arsenal. No matter how many times you are told that. it's like you talking to yourself at this point or just making stuff up
  4. Flag

Only the VS has such long range AV.
    Phoenix is <300 meters, and Ravens share the range of the Mana turret.
    For ranges beyond that, only the VS really have anything in the Lancer and Vortex.
    Hardly leaves the TR out in the cold.
  5. gibstorm

The phoenix can go over mountain tops which means they can keep attack a tank after it has backed up to repair. The NC can move while shooting the Raven. Which means they can dodge long range shots from tanks while guiding them to a moving target. while the Facture is balanced to used with lockdown.....which is only good untill a tank starts shooting back. Then your a dead man cause you can't dodge incoming fire.

So again. TRs long range weapons are much weaker in this situation.
  6. Flag

Weaker? Hm, probably.
    Lacking, which heavily implies there being none at all? Pft.

You're also seriously overestimating the Phoenix's ability to turn in flight. And I'm saying that as a VS player, not an NC one.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fleech

except the prowler is hands down crap against magriders on most terrain. please tell me how my 17 days and 7 hours of magrider time makes this opinion invalid.

pure DPS does not matter when its on a vehicle that can't it anywhere it needs to be.
  8. Pfundi

Well I think Fractures could need a buff. I dont know, but they are only harassing. Not harming. (Ever used a Vanguard with an Repair Sundie behind you? There are only few things harming)
    They come in and make their impact sound. Make a tracer.
    Just give them the ability to track and hunt Vehicles. Like Striker only with ground.
  9. Flag

Then lucky TR in that those areas are kinda rare.
  10. Thornefear

Don't think lancer is op

But what I meant about things looking one one and acting another in game is more of a connectivity issue (i hope) and issues with the servers.

Example TSAR-42 with 4x scope firing at >50m. Aim for someone's head, first shot. Looks dead on, but no hit alert, fellow is still alive. Try again. Same thing. He still hasn't noticed me. Third shot at the same spot does it, he goes down in one hit like he's supposed.

That's either massive hit-detection failure or insane starter COF that I do not know about.
  11. Thornefear

Pounders don't need to be nerfed. We just use them over our other options because the other options suck. They are wonderful versatile tools but not godmode.

Pounders underperform against just anti-vehicle, and against just anti-infantry comparisons IF you take into account the specific kills associated with the specialization. They do however function decently enough against both that I like them where they are. They aren't godly, but they are usable.
  12. TriumphantJelly

Nope, if you're right and they're underperforming at AV (which they are) then they need a buff.
    However, the KPH is far too high taking into account the low VKPH: if I'm right and they're overperforming at AI, (which I am) then they need a nerf.

They're not wonderful and versatile, they're too powerful at an unintended role. In fact, if that's balanced, would you like the pre-nerf Comets to come back? I would accept the pre-nerf Solstice, 'cause that is just "wonderful and versatile". By this logic, the Banshee is entirely balanced, as was the AirHammer against air. They're more than jus tusable. They're a great finisher tool against both infantry and vehicles at close range, and melt MAXes in CQC. They can be used for suppression, too. If you gave the Lasher bullet drop, AV damage and a MASSIVE AI buff, that'd bebalanced, would it?

Nope. No. Nay.
    Sorry to rant, but you seem to have black/red tinted glasses. I may be a "VS loyalist", but I do play NC/TR too.
  13. TriumphantJelly

I love the TSAR-42, Ghost and the NC one...

They're amazing.
    Never really got a drastic situation like that, though. What's your connection quality and ping?
  14. TriumphantJelly

Anyway, I have posted some of the Anti-Magrider weapons TR have, now close this thread, it's served it's purpose.
  15. Ogopogo

But then it must be asked: considering that the pounders are neither outperforming AI MAX weapons (generally lagging in KPH by a significant margin), nor are they outperforming AV MAX weapons in VKPH, is it the case of needing a nerf or simply a role readjustment?
  16. Alkezo

That fact is irrelevent. Why do you think so many AV weapons have been nerfed against infantry? Was it because they were overperforming AI weapons? No, it was because they were too good at a role they were unintended for. The Saron had been nerfed/changed so many times because of this. At first, it was 300 m/s one shot kill with no firing delay. Then they added the firing delay, then they lowered the projectile velocity to 250 m/s. Then they changed it to a six shot GUNS BLAZING CANT HIT ANYTHING weapon. Then they buffed it to a six shot one-hit kill at 300 m/s with no firing delay OP as hell weapon that no one was complaining about because they were too focused on ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  17. TriumphantJelly

Role readjustment is just a nice way of saying nerf one bit and buff the other, which is what I said in my post.
  18. Gralneth

Vanguards underperform on overall VKPH because they get relatively few kills on non-MBTs. I went into some detail on what the Oracle of Death stats suggest about MBT effectiveness in another thread and I showed that, at least in the hands of experienced commanders, the Vanguard is the most effective anti-MBT tank. Why it doesn't get many kills against other vehicles is an open question though, especially as the Oracle doesn't show anything about assists.

As for the OP's topic, even though the Striker performs poorly against MBTs, TR still has access to C4, tank mines, dumbfire, and engineer turrets, while no ES launcher sees enough service to make the "top 14 causes of MBT death" tables the Oracle provides.
  19. Thornefear

So the answer is the TR has access to NS. It doesn't need something that just they get thats useful against Vehicles.....Riiiiiigggghhttt.
  20. Gralneth

I'm not arguing that the Striker isn't underperforming (today's buff indicates that it has been), I'm saying that it's fallacious to say that TR doesn't have any effective infantry options against MBTs when it's demonstrable that the other options are working fine.

Additionally, today's PPA change might bring Magriders closer to bases*, making it easier to use those other options.

* Not mine though; I'll be looking for enemy Sunderers.