[Suggestion] TR now severly lacking in anti-magrider weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Fleech

i try not to fight the TR in my mag anymore because at this point it almost doesn't even feel fair.

the only reliable TR AV threat present to magriders at this point are standard lockon launchers, mana turrets, libs, and ESF's.

the striker, while decent (still really confused about this nerf), was in effect a magrider area denial tool. it got me out of places the TR didn't want me ( i get a lot of places people don't want me). now that basically all of TR's empire specific AV weapons are dumbfired, my SPM when fighting TR forces has taken a noticeable increase.

the striker needs its lock-on mode back. just make the current striker an alternate fire mode. i don't get this.
    • Up x 8
  2. Fellgnome

I don't remember when striker was ever good against magriders except when it was overpowered against everything.

However, I agree that TR AV is...hopeless right now. It was my main point in my "why TR sucks" thread. We have nothing like Lancers or Ravens that allow us reliable hits on targets at decent distances. The new striker is still a joke and doesn't give us any substantial new capabilities.
    • Up x 5
  3. Degenatron

They could make the rockets lock on to vehicles the same as aircraft. I think that would help a lot.

I actually thought that was the way the new Striker rolled out and was surprised when I learned otherwise.

I guess the main worry would be the ability for the TR to easily destroy Flashes and Harassers if the Striker locked on to them.
    • Up x 6
  4. HamOnRye

TR had a good long range toolset with the Fractures, but those have become practically useless now. Pounders are great but have the issue of projectile drop combined with flight time, making them ineffective against armor at range.

It would be nice if they increased the damage on Fractures 10 to 20 %.
  5. Schizomatic

Magriders. Swooping left and right and back and forth with ease, running over wannabee C4 planters simply by accident.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fleech

i thought that's how it would work as well. but that would be one of those situations where such a new element could open up all sorts of problems.

i could just imagine sitting completely behind cover getting hit by rockets doing Tron light cycle style 90 degree angle snaps into my tank.

unless they made the range at which the rockets auto target vehicles managable.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ztiller

Oh, you mean they "lost" that Striker that they never actually used for a year, and who did the exact same thing as the Annihilator?

Lol
    • Up x 3
  8. Fleech

it wasn't good at destroying magriders, but it was very good at shooing them away. my first thought upon getting hit by striker missiles prior to this nerf was "better get to cover or avoid that heavy". now its "maybe 2 of those 30 missiles being fired at me will hit. i'm good"
    • Up x 3
  9. Villanuk

The striker still needs work, but im sure soe are still looking at the stats before they update it.

fractures could do with a buff against armour that's for sure, but this has been a topic of debate for a long time yet SOE have failed to address this issue. They are not bad, but they just don't do enough compared to other factions to warn off tanks.
    • Up x 3
  10. AgentRed

they should just keep it the way it is right now but make it the same damage it was 355 damage and 500 indirect damage instead of 200 damage and 50 indirect
    • Up x 1
  11. SuperTrooperWaterloo

What is lock on good for if the magrider shoots down hills? Only showing 10% of its body that is not enough for a lock on but for the magrider to shoot.

Btw can someone show me roadkill stats for Mag/Vang/Prowler?
  12. BobSanders123

The Striker was effective against magriders mainly because it reduced the effectiveness of the magriders mobility and forced the magrider to seek cover immediately, otherwise take all 5 rockets. The magrider would have to turn sometimes to do this, allowing a few rockets to hit the back, dealing more damage.

I miss the old striker.... I want its ground capabilities back...
    • Up x 2
  13. Saber15

De-nerf the Fractures.

They were great AV beforehand, but still weaker than the current Ravens. :rolleyes:

They got the nerf hammer because they were too good versus infantry. So SOE nerfed its AV capabilities and gave it an ridiculous acceleration mechanic that makes hitting moving targets at range a complete crapshoot. Bravo SOE.
    • Up x 5
  14. maxkeiser

The TR I come across never have any trouble dealing with magriders.

Prowlers can destroy them in any kind of open field. AV turrets, anihilators and other weapons are still highly effective.
  15. Thesweet

Fractures are good the way they are atm, I think longer range should have less damage. There are people out there who still think striker is still OP.
  16. Saber15

They're garbo compared to every other MAX AV weaponry.

Vortexes deal less damage but are nigh-hitscan and can be charged up to deal more damage. They can reliably hit aircraft and aren't completely helpless against infantry.
    Ravens deal absurd amounts of damage and are still good versus infantry.
    Comets are slower, but easier to aim (no acceleration mechanic AFAIK) and deal more damage per shot, so you don't have to stay exposed.
    Falcons deal huge amounts of damage per rocket but are difficult to use at range due to a slow projectile.
    Pounders have crazy DPS, the arc is negligible if anchored, and are good at AI work.
    • Up x 2
  17. JediNinja

TR in a nutshell, my friend.
    • Up x 5
  18. Ztiller

Why is it that almost every single time a TR said "X used to be good" they always refer to the time when that weapon was ridiculously OP?
    • Up x 1
  19. Copasetic

People on every faction do this, including the VS.
    • Up x 3
  20. Ztiller

Give an example of what the VS talk about like that?

ZOE? VS refer to it as "When the ZOE was OP"
    • Up x 1