[Suggestion] TR now severly lacking in anti-magrider weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleech, Oct 21, 2014.

1. iller

I'm going to just make a very generic statement about TR on this topic that repeats what the Devs keep thinking:

TR are not the long range faction. And last few months we've seen the Prowler actually outperforming Mags slightly.
    If anyone is still lagging behind on DPS in AV duty, it's the N.C. ...and no, Ravens aren't OP, they're just OBNOXIOUS.
    All Ravens have, is a psychological element. That's still a big factor in any human interaction where perception matters.but,

• if there's a real problem here.... it's b/c the TR had too much of their "bite" or Rate of Fire taken away in Closer range offense.
    • Also: the PPA needs its damage converted 100% to anti-infantry. It shouldn't be damaging MAX suits like it's an AV weapon
    • (same thing goes for the banshee though... which currently benefits TR a LOT in killing enemy maxes)
  2. Flag

Or tanks.
    Or harassers.
    Or flashes.
    Or lost meatbags infantry.

Or some nice scenery.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alkezo

I prefer trees that like to one-shot my Magrider for nudging it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Flag

I once (read: multiple times) landed inside/on the branches/at the top of a tree with my mag. Then when I tried to get down the thing landed face down in the dirt.
    One more for the magrider suicide statistic.

Ah back in the days when we didn't have VR to practice crazy things. :D
    ... not that I'd avoid all the silly suicides, but eh.
    • Up x 1
  5. Alkezo

One time I accidentally drove off a small cliff running from a Vanguard and landed in a tree. I couldn't get out but he couldn't find me. He drove by a few times but gave up.
    • Up x 2
  6. Flag

Ha!
  7. CMDante

Top lel. It's the worst tank ability by a huge margin my man, like waving a giant "kill me" flag. No mount (or at least not the amount given) of RoF buff is going to make up for every one of your opponent's shots hitting home.
  8. CMDante

It has better survivability than either. Not being hit > taking 5% less damage
  9. TriumphantJelly

Actually, it's 100% damage mitigation.

Anyway, the Magrider isn't survivable. It's like the Prowler but without the big offensive capability.
    • Up x 1
  10. TriumphantJelly

Magburner's definitely inferior to Lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  11. Schizomatic

Still wondering what some Magriders are doing 300+ meters north of a base, when the battle is 100m south of said base. You'd think you can sneak a Sunderer around to the backside by taking the long way around, then, BAM, sudden Magrider out in limbo riding 2/2 just happily pursues you over the worst terrain the Rival Combat Chassis can climb. I dunno. I guess that Mag and his gunner was back there playing tiddlywinks while waiting for that one Sunderer to happen to drive into their area. I suppose that made their entire day.
  12. Flag

In terms of combat ability, sure.
    In terms of FUN!?

I'd take the burner every time!
    • Up x 2
  13. Gralneth

I often take odd routes between bases for just this reason, much to the amusement of my regular gunner.
  14. Gralneth

I'll often do a wide patrol just to look for such Sunderers.
  15. Alkezo

More of a side effect of Magriders needing to use their mobility to flank the enemy. I often encounter lone Sunderers while attempting a flanking maneuver around some tanks.
    • Up x 2
  16. CMDante

Magrider is a hundred times harder to hit than a Prowler and can do all sorts of maneuvering garbage to keep itself out of trouble. Just because it's tied for only second toughest tank doesn't mean its weak. Magpilots are delusional.

Your tank ability doesn't get you killed, enough said. But I'll say some more anyway. Magburn plays to the strength of the tank being a ***** to hit or in getting to annoying positions. Lockdown makes us give up 100% of our speed (one of the Prowler's bragged about characteristics) for faster shooting. Thereby making ourselves a sitting duck if we want to bring that ferocious firepower to bare. It's a tank that doesn't know its own role.
  17. Flag

You obviously don't know the 'burner.
    • Up x 2
  18. Doc Jim

I'd take a boring NS-MBT (with tracks and turret and no empire specific ability) over the Magrider any day to get a chance at a fair fight against NC/TR. It just needs a purple paint-job.
  19. Champagon

A perfect example

The Magrider is simply a squishy tank those who think this tank is some sort of powerhouse has never driven one. The only way to use this tank really is to sneak and surprise attack. Honestly thank goodness for maxed out stealth

Stealth and climb up some mountains to flank, be where they don't expect you to be. To put it simply.
  20. Schizomatic

"Oh, oh! Here it comes again! An AV turret missile on laser guidance!"
    "Oh noes, Captain, what do we do? We can't dodge a missile of such magnificence!"
    "I don't know, Private! I've never not had the capability to successfully dodge before. I'm...I'm suddenly feeling so inadequate."
    "Sir, I remember the good 'ol days, in these last few moments of our sweet existence together, where we used to dodge Prowlers and Vanguards' projectiles with ease, and sat upon cliffs and mesas with our Sarons and PPAs."
    "Me too, Private. I had a wonderful time."
    "I love you, sir."
    "I...love you too, Private. It was an honor to serve with you."
    PLINK!
    "Sir...we survived. We're at 80% health."
    "What was said here never leaves this tank, Private! Do you hear me!"
    "But, sir..."
    "Quickly! Turn and magburner! Find a cliff or something to perch upon!"
    "Yes sir..."

If the Magrider's a-rocking, don't come a-knocking.