[TR] Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Degrifter, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Allisaria

This game is where it all started The Black Widow Company...My friends, Family and Home for the last 12 years! I will make this simple for you. You want to be TR and not zerg.. http://the-bwc.com/ ! You want to find a group of like minded people.. http://the-bwc.com/ !
    You wont get along with everyone but You will have fun with everyone.. :D
  2. Kredier

In BWC I was looking for a group of people who were actually like minded, who loved to play tactical in every game. The thing about BWC which is home of many veterans, is that we all enjoy all of our games in the best way we can, and there is always room for everyone. I was looking into outfits with different types of playstyles that you could fit to your purpose, like specialized guys who know how to do tanks and do it well, and that was Task Force Rampage, and then HAVOC, and Ranger, and Venom, and Widowmaker, so many amazing things, in one outfit? I bought it as soon as I read about BWC and have been in here for the past 4 years!
  3. Dethcon

Why I chose to join the Black Widow Company is simple. They are one of the most organized gaming organizations I have ever witnessed. They hold training events for all of their new members. These training events help teach the new members how BWC plays the games they play. There is no degrading of members with lesser skill but an in-depth training program to assist them with getting better. Any gaming clan that has these items must be good and that is why I choose them.
  4. DarkSnake

When I was looking for a team to join, there were many considerations. Teamwork, organization and friendliness being the top three. BWC easily meets all of these. I've never seen an organization as focused as this group. It's also very friendly, accepting of pretty much everyone that isn't there just to cause trouble and drama.
  5. Sil4ntChaozz

Whenever i get my own rig you can guess what outfit ill be joining.
  6. Allisaria

I was looking for a team not only of good players but of like minded players. People who looked at this game and other games in the same manor I do. I was so happy to find that in BWC! So if you are looking for a group that looks at gaming the same way you do stop by take a look. See if you see what I saw. http://the-bwc.com/
  7. Dethcon

After my first month of playing with BWC I knew I wouldn't find a better gaming organization on the internet. I was blown away by the level of interaction between its senior members and its new ones. Each new member is required to attend an orientation. Some people are like....ugh mandatory training to play video games. This orientation is one of the best things a new person to BWC can do. It truly helped me as new recruit get engaged with the BWC outfit. I knew I never wanted to find another group after attending this event.
  8. DarkSnake

I joined BWC because of it's great structure and organization, along with their general attitude and just how things are done. There is some level of mock military in the structure, but it's not taken too seriously and allows for us to organize in a very clear and defined way. It is also a big enough group that we can get things done, but also small enough that we're still a close community.
  9. Braxtin

Keep an eye out for BWC Public Platoons. I will be running them Monday and Wednesday 8:00pm – 10:00pm EST, they will also be on Saturday and Sunday whenever I can get on.

This will give you the opportunity to run with us and see how we do things. If you end up being interested in joining let me know.
  10. Iqqi

I joined BWC awhile ago because of its organization. By far the most organized gaming community I have ever been a part of. It changes things dramatically when you go from playing video games roughly by yourself to suddenly playing with an organized group of like-minded skilled individuals. The community makes BWC.
  11. DarkSnake

I've stayed with BWC over the years for many reasons. They tend to keep drama to a minimum, and swiftly deal with it when it does come up. They also keep growing and evolving, changing to meet the times, and how many gaming groups can say they've been around over 10 years? In the end, it's also just a big family of gamers who share the same interest and desire to be the best.
  12. Iqqi

When I was looking for people to play with I was looking for several things. To me organization was key. How many other groups have you played with who never bother to even set coms up or set some sort of goal? For me plenty. After that it was finding likeminded individuals to play with. I wanted people who were "serious" and by that I mean just people who are respectful of others time. When you join and play with a group suddenly your individual person takes a backseat to being respectful to the entire group. So with that it was important to find and play with others who wanted to be there. BWC is that group for me.
  13. Iqqi

I chose BWC because I honestly believe it is one of the best open and accepting gaming communities out there. People play a wide variety of games and it is rare that you can not find someone within the community who does not play an online game you are also playing. To me this is what mattered. I find I have such a more enjoyable time when I play games with others and BWC allows me to do just that with other good gamers.
  14. Iqqi

My first impression with BWC were great. When I applied and showed interest it was made extremely clear what the expectations of me were as well as what I could expect. What I was told was exactly what I got. I was immediately accepted and brought into the fold. I quickly made friends and found several people with similar gaming interests. Since then I have been having a blast.
  15. xzeno

I've been chilling with BWC for almost 3 years now, and it is a community like no other. I don't mean to say that offhandedly - BWC has been around for long enough that they know and understand the ins and outs of making a gaming community stand the test of time. They know how to run the organization and to maintain a constant stream of fun for everyone involved even if it's a 4 player lance in MWO, or an 80 man platoon in Planetside 2.

BWC not only wants to create a fun space where we can play games together and enjoy our hobby, but to help members improve how they play. Members in BWC who are very good at games constantly are helping the less experienced improve their gameplay both formally in BWC sanctioned training, and informal gameplay together. There's no gap between those who've been in BWC for a long time, and those who just started. We're all on one team.

This community was formed in the original Planetside, and continues to fight on the battlefield in Planetside 2. 15 years of history, mistakes, improvement, and dedication that you can be a part of.

I hope to welcome you to BWC sometime in the future. :)
  16. Iqqi

The reason I have stayed with BWC is again because of the people and the organization of the team. I still play with the same people I played with when I joined. I continue to make new friends and find new people and new games to play with others. When you join BWC there is this cultural buy-in that you cant help but notice. There are people passionate about BWC who work to make it better each and ever day.
  17. DarkSnake

I've improved over time by playing with BWC and learning skills in both-game and out. You can learn in-game skills such as improving aim and game specific tactics. You can also learn plenty of leadership skills which can be used both in-game and out.
  18. Iqqi

I think overall I have improved in several games since joining BWC. The primary change I think has been my communication and team tactics. When you play by yourself you naturally focus on individual play & such. Once you start playing with coordinated players & others, your view of tactics change. You find yourself playing for the team and victory instead of playing for yourself. In my experience it has been a very positive change. I see other players looking to play with me and I see myself winning more often.
  19. DarkSnake

My most memorable memoent with BWC was quite a long tiem ago. Back in the Planetside 1 days. We used to do these operations where we would get everyone into Lodestars and then crash into things and blow them up. The site of 30-40 lodestars just ramming into stuff was hilarious, and we would actually get kills too. A few times we got ULTRA involved, and the number of people there was insane, we all could not stop laughing all night.
  20. Iqqi

My most memorable moment with BWC was actually not that long ago. A new game had just been released and there were many of us on the hype train. We had entire teams running all night long. You know, you and your buddies all on mic, all playing to win and having a blast doing so. It was awesome.