[TR] Black Widow Company: military-style, veteran-owned

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Degrifter, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Degrifter

[IMG]

BWC
    Black Widow Company is recruiting for Planetside 2. We are a military style, veteran owned and operated organization. we pride ourselves with teamwork and community.
    Roughly half of our members are veterans or active duty military, this gives us an edge in tactics and gameplay when you see our soldiers entering the fight on Auraxium you can be sure that the odds are against VS and NC. Having a military background is by no means a requirement, we encourage everyone to join in on the fun and competitive environment we have here at BWC.

Once you joined our PS2 regiment you will work with some of the best, members of Venom company. After that you will have the choice on whether to stay in Venom or join one of our incredible Task Forces, no matter if you are master of the invisibility cloak, or a great driver, we have the right Task Force for you. Feel free to take a look at those mighty forces in action:

We offer a large variety in game training courses for PS2, covering about any aspect of the game weather it be vertical combat or just learning how to shoot! We also have our LEAD classes, which teach members in the key foundations of leadership and teamwork and which can not only be applied to things in relation with gaming.
    The experience and knowledge that flows into developing and strengthening those classes and trainings make a great soldier out of every member which in the end amplifies the fun we all have while gaming.

We host Operations within the BWC Planetside regiment on a regular basis covering all timezones, but even in down times where no Operations are being hosted you can always expect one to three squads playing and being online. No matter if it’s in an operation or not we focus on teamwork and tactics with experienced Squad and Platoon Leaders. Everybody in BWC can lead though. You are able to gain leadership experience or run your own operations if you bring motivation and dedication.

If you don’t have the time for that and simply want to be a casual player, that’s no problem at all !
    “BWC is what you make of it”. We have no time regulations, and we never will. It’s about fun and if you only have time every two weeks for an hour or so that’s totally fine with us.

About BWC:

BWC is an award-winning gaming company that has been around for more than ten years, mostly in first-person shooters and MMOs. In that time we have built a solid reputation in online gaming as a gaming Company that believes in integrity, fair play, and teamwork. We are proud of holding that reputation in front of game developers like CIG or Piranha Games and in front of other well respected gaming communities. With more than 1000 active members we are active in multiple online games, most of them shooters. There is a dedicated chain of command, an established Battle Decorations Program that allows members to earn awards, and a Standard Operating Procedure that serves as both charter and code of conduct.

Members also are able to “buck for promotion” – we have a rank system and promotion system that mimics the US Army’s promotion points system. Players who elect to sign on with Black Widow Company can expect to find their brothers-in-arms ready and willing to support them on the virtual battlefield and in paintball. We practice teamwork, communication, and coordination. Our reputation as a military-style unit truly began in the world’s first and only genuine MMO-FPS, Planetside. Ever since the closed-beta days we have applied lessons learned on the virtual battlefield as well as real-world battlefields, from small unit tactics to combined arms assaults.

We also have great initiatives like PTGB (Play To Give Back) which do regular fundraisers for great causes.
    One of these was supported by Cloud Imperium Games, the developers of the fully crowd funded Space Sim Star Citizen. With their help we nearly gained 65.000 Dollars which fully went into donations for "Operation Supply Drop" and the "Honor Flight Network".

We apply our “ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT” mentality in every game we play, and everything we do, without risking or compromising our desire or our ability to have fun at the same time. Those are never mutually exclusive endeavours for us. We invite you to discover what makes us different for yourself.

You have questions about BWC?
    Leave a comment !
    • Up x 10
  2. Taro

Last night we ran an operation to farm points as part of this double experience event. The biggest short coming of this operation was that we'd planned to setup a farm. We're not used to holding back. Our instinct is to rip map control away from the other empires and drive them into the ground. We Play to Win ®.

Anyway, I found it an amusing fish out of water experience. I strongly suggest if you like winning, check us out. Even if you like farming, I still suggest you check us out. Sooner or later we'll figure out a way to farm and win the war ;)
  3. rangerlee

Top notch Organization, communications and coordination make each night a blast. Lets face it, winning is fun, and between the almost daily availability of Ops that are run, and the ability to always find a squad to run with, there is never a shortage. I am a particular fan of the meta game that BWC has added just on their own site with promotion points, medals and the ability to do a great many things if you choose with in the outfit.
  4. DEATHR0N

One of the most organized outfits I have ever encountered. Very few outfits can maintain this level of organization while being this large.
  5. Aragato

Very organized and well-run outfit. Both serious and not, depending on the occasion. We have our fair share of characters, but everyone has the chance to lead a squad.
  6. IdjitKicker

Having played in many gaming "teams" over the years, I have yet to find a better outfit, very professional and there is always someone available to help be you new player or veteran.
  7. Amoupoti

Honestly when I first hear about The BWC I was kind of skeptical of their military style gameplay. But having been here for 4 months now I can say there is no place I would rather be. I would encourage anyone interested to just hop over to the-bwc.com and check us out or you can shoot me a pm I'm always around lol.
  8. Macromage

LOL today in Mech Warrior Online

we were doing an Operation and after it was over we decided to have all 48 people in one team speak channel drop in the same mech class and have random fun. Best time in a while.

Having 48 people all in random teams and maps all in one channel was hilarious!!

I hate you guys that focused me down the first two drops!! :confused:
  9. Raptorman

BWC is unquestionably a tier 1 outfit. If you want highly organized, military style structure, then BWC might be a great fit for you. My first Op with BWC is an epic sight. To watch BWC lead the a multi-outfit action is breath taking. To see a full air element attack, armor platoon roll in, and multiple infantry squads strike a tech plant with lightening precision...you have no idea until you experience it yourself.
  10. Tanen

I've been a member of BWC since PS1 and been having a blast. I can't imagine how people could play a game like PS2 and not be involved with a stellar outfit like this one. The added organization and discipline isn't just a bunch of neckbeards 'playing' at war. We're comprised of a lot of veterans and use this stuff because we use it in our real lives at work. Watch out, your gal pilot might be a Chinook driver - or your squad lead a guy with a ranger tab. Either way, we're having fun - check out the site if you're interested.
  11. Scrap-hammer

Having joined the BWC for another game I was happy to see the dedication they put into all the games they support. The few times I've had the opportunity to come in and play Planetside along with the group they've forgiven my noobish play and made every effort to teach me so I can become a better player and more valuable member of the Black Widow Company Planetside team.
    Organization? Check.
    Brute strength? Check.
    Ability to make the Barneys and Smurfs wet themselves? Check.
    Seriously if you are looking for an outfit to join you won't find better than BWC! Head on over to our home on the web at www.the-bwc.com to find out more and drop an application on our forums.
  12. YubaFrank

I've been a member of Black Widow Company for 6 months now. I'm primarily a MWO player but I also played PS1 and now PS2 with the outfit too. Here in PS2 I'm a Venom Company grunt HA, Engy, and Max. These guys are a blast to play this game with. The level of organization is outstanding and the execution on operations is awesome. I've had some great fights and funny in game moments, like when I was dropping in on a beacon and took out Degrifter and JimSolo in their Lib on the way down, or when JimSolo drowned a Gal load of us while taking a few bites of his potato salad and not watching where he was going. Our hit and run tactics and Alamo style defenses are legend.
    So if you're looking for an outfit to join and play PS2 with this would be a good one to join.
    • Up x 1
  13. Golilla67

My main game is MWO. I started playing PS2 out of curiosity. Next thing I know, I'm doing Operations, and training, and taking classes. That's what happens in the BWC. If you want to excel, kill a bunch of NC, and VS for the E.P., or just plain win. This is the place for you. I took a look at a lot of Merc.Corps before deciding on the BWC, man what a great choice it was. From day one, you CAN"T ask for a better bunch of running mates, no matter the game or even for conversation in the pilot rec rooms about the girl you porked on your buddies pool table.
    I am home. What else do I need to say? Golilla THE BWC

Layed back or as intense as you want it to be.
    • Up x 1
  14. ByroniusMonk

Before I saw it for myself, I never would have believed that you could get this many people to play as cohesively as the BWC does. This is not a pile of zerg, this unit is tight.
    • Up x 1
  15. Baron Von Blast

I joined this outfit years ago for Planetside 1 after seeing them in action and became part of the armor division; Many smoking remains were left behind. I had to take a leave of absence unfortunately in 2005 because life decided it was time. I kept my eyes and ears open though, regularly receiving newsletters and information from BWC despite my absence. I bounced around from game to game in quick succession until I finally settled back down. Now it is seven years since I had to take my time off and yet I am back in BWC, people remembered me from back then, this was and still is my home. That is the kind of organization BWC was and will continue to be.

If you want a place to settle in to, a place that will help you, train you, make the game even more enjoyable and make you part of something bigger I cannot suggest any other organization.

Loyalty.
    Unity.
    • Up x 1
  16. Rohan

One of the newer members here. This is probably one of the most structured Outfits I've seen. At first I was concerned that this might simply be a deterrant for fun, but I was completely wrong. This outfit is loaded with laughs and fun. You'll find a family here.

-R
    • Up x 1
  17. Vendrid

Joining a large, military-style outfit can be a daunting proposition for a number of reasons. My main concerns when signing on were becoming lost in the fray and never really getting to know any of the members due to the sheer size of the organization. Within my first two weeks of joining, I was familiar with roughly 80% of squadmates I ran with to a degree of comfort I wouldn't have expected for typically 8-12 months in other groups, even smaller ones; folks knew me by name and vice-versa, what classes/vehicles I excelled in and it already began to feel like these were individuals I had been gaming with for years.

I've now been with BWC for a little over 3 months and see no end of membership in sight for me. I play to win and have a blast while doing it; not only do they share the same values and principles of gaming and community as I do, but are interested in the same style of games I enjoy as well.

Also, if BWC was a wallet it would be the one that says "Bad Motherf*cker" on it.
    • Up x 1
  18. FuNk

BWC is the only reason I did not give up on Planet Side 2. Take my word for it you cannot play this game solo and its great to play with organization. Its another plus when you are organized and still can have FUN. You also are rewarded and/or noticed for doing good things in this outfit. Regardless if it comes from doing training, missions, or just being a great guy in the platoon for the night someone is always watching. No matter who I play with, because there is a **** tone of us online so its hard for me to play with the same guys all the time, we still manage to work together very well. i think its because of the structure and everyone knows what is expected.

I was lucky enough to be in the operation with the guys from the Sony Planetside 2 team which was crazy! Even though I am still fairly new I can tell this outfit is the best the TR has to offer and definitely the most respected.

Great group of guys, Great leadership, Great perks, and **** we have fun. What else would you want? Join up people!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. Russolini

I started with BWC a few months ago because of Mechwarrior online and whilst waiting for them to get their stuff straightened out I tried out the PS2 with a BETA key provided to me through BWC, I now probably play more PS2 than MWO. The level of teamwork is incredible. If you are worried about being a new guy in a large gaming company, I wouldn't, newer guys often get preference in operations as we want everyone to get involved no matter the skill level.
    • Up x 1
  20. Animas

MWO primary guy here, PS2 supporter AND player because of BWC. This is where success happens, progress is the norm. The training and helpfulness with strong maturity helped a PS2 n00b (me) become something better than cannon fodder :D
    • Up x 1