Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. McToast

Moin
    I agree, stats alone don't mean everything. I would consider myself also a "casual player", I do have a real life.

You say I'm the one who's biased, makes me kinda lol a bit. You are the one with nearly zero experience in an aircraft. No experienced player will take you serious here. You may get a few upvotes from players as bad as you are, but that's it. Even if aircrafts might be imbalanced, you clearly are not the person to know anything about it. Learn to play is a completly valid answer to your complains here.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but forumsiders like you make me boil. You basically are proud to be an average player at best, because "if someone's better than me he clearly can't have a real life". If you would look up my stats you'd see that I play everything this game has to offer. I use tanks, I use aircrafts and I play all infantry classes at least a bit. When I think something is OP but don't know anything about it, I start using it to see for myself. For example I was convinced for a long time that MAXes are on the OP side of things. I started certing one out and am using it now from time to time and now the only thing I find OP about them is their ability to get revived.
    You on the other hand complain about something being OP, yet you can't utilise yourself. Play with it for a while. *cry* It's too damn difficult *cry* is no valid excuse. Start certing out a lib and use it for a few weeks. Or ask an ingame buddy with a decent certed lib if you can be his dedicated gunner for a while. Gather a few hundred/thousand kills with it (since it's OP it should be really easy for you). Then come back and realise how silly your argument has been so far.
  2. axiom537

Sorry I said HE instead of HEAT...And I call BS on you killing MBT's.. sure you might be getting the last hit on the MBT but you certainly are not going 1 vs 1 in a 2/2 or even a 1/2 MBT and winning.

Flak can and will do significant damage to a liberator even one at extreme ranges, and if you are in a skyguard or a burster all you need to do is look for the round and MOVE., at 500m range the round has like a 2 sec drop time, just move 5-10 feet forward or back and you will avoid the round. High flying Dalton Libs in my experience are more of an annoyance then an actual threat, and if that annoyance level ever reaches a point that I wish to do something about it I do. Which because Air is mobile and can evade means you NEED to pull a vehicle with similar characteristics, which means AIR...

ESF is one of many solutions, it is one of the easiest for a solo player, that is why I suggest it. Personally I work with team mates, ALWAYS, so I would pull a shredder Lib and either Tank buster the Lib I wanted to kill or let my gunner do it. But it will die and it will die in less then 3 sec. from my tank buster and the threat will be gone...

Again this is a "YOU" problem. You are the only thing holding yourself back from dealing with this non issue. You either do not want to group up or pull the best vehicles to accomplish the task, but it all comes back to "YOU"
  3. Kristan

Okay guys, maybe you're right. But still I don't see the logic of spending certs and time into Liberator myself to get prove that Skyguard won't be able to kill me if I'm going for high altitude.

So I'm leaving this thread and let other people talk if they share the same concern as mine.
  4. Flashtirade

This is why I play all factions.

Anyways see you in your next thread.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kristan

You know that editing quotes is rude? Because that's totally not what I meant.
  6. david06

This needs to be repeated.

People talk about "air" but ESFs are made of glass and will quickly punish a dumb pilot; in many cases just pouring small arms at them is enough to get them to buzz off. The difficulty in downing an ESF from the ground doesn't begin to compare to what's needed to fight off Liberators, especially in their current state.
  7. PWGuy93

I appreciate ESF flyers keeping the ground troops protected but since the Lib update the one common occurrence is without ESF support it's the side with the Libs that wins. I can appreciate how Libs getting the buff pushes more air fighting, but those times when the flyers haven't logged in the game in my view is an infantry fight where you can find it indoors or the log off button.

Ground vehicle play, forget-a-bout-it, want to take a base without air support forget-a-bout-it. What I see now is air is the game and I don't think that was the intent of the Lib buff... Not pleased with the current state of the game.

If there was something planned to come after the Lib buff, its priority could use raising as it stands right now, the side without air is stuck in the biolabs or looking at the log off button.
  8. NinjaKirby

TL;DR My Jimmies are extremely ******* rustled.

Bump.

I was just helping my faction from a safe (As safe as it gets) distance to defend against 2-3 Liberators and a couple of Scythes at Jaeger's Fist. I was at Andvari South Bank with my AP Vanguard using what was once a powerful AA tool (which requires some good leading and aiming due to Shell drop).

I managed to land THREE immediate consecutive shots on a Liberator, and he was merely smoking. Every hit I could make on them, it only deterred them, I couldn't destroy a single Liberator - and that's without distraction from any ground enemies nearby. And when a Smoking Liberator passed over me chasing an ESF, the Ranger secondary weapon I had didn't seem to do bugger at all at 80-100m with some fairly consistent strikes - I accept that's a small AA support weapon but jesus christ.

What the flaming heck is the point right now. What's more amazing, I was using the bridge at Andvari South Bank as cover - a Liberator eventually decided to spot and attack me - he used a Zephyr and a several rounds of his forward weapon in quick succession to annhilate me in less then 2 seconds (Much like my AP strikes against him, wtf). I'm not even kidding, and I wish I was recording with Fraps at the time because I know someone is gonna yell "pics or didn't happen".

I can't believe my AP cannon, which requires SKILL (And some Luck since they can turn any direction) at a distance to land shots consistently, did not destroy the Liberator. What the flaming **** game.

Yes, I'm angry and logged because of it. Because every method I have doesn't destroy a Liberator and ultimately gets me killed, or withdrawing into Garages hoping they stop pursuing me.

I only just purchased a Skyguard today, and the Dalton in fact (along with other certed goodies to beef up my Lightning/Liberator), purely to try and destroy enemy Libs.

When we had managed to briefly push south to Two Stone Breach earlier, I was a Skyguard for the first time sitting next to another Skyguard user. And until the Maggies appeared nuking us with combined ground forces, BOTH of us and other AA based ground forces could not stop a SINGLE Liberator who was doing passes over us. How many flaming AA Ground units does it take?

You could say I've only been using Skyguard for 10 minutes, so how can I be any good. I've already taught myself leading, and it doesn't take long to adjust to Distance vs Bullet Velocity. And the CoF on the Skyguard, wtf, what's the point - what is the point trying to destroy Libs right now.

ARGH!

PS: Sorry about this somewhat whiney post, had to get it out my system.
    • Up x 3
  9. AltF4Fun

I dont think they will ever completely balance air.Im happy as it is now.It was way worse when they introduced lolpods.They should just balance it out as good as they can,and if it seems like its almost balanced leave it there and not screw it up again.
  10. bulletchaser666

WOAH WOAH WOAH... they buffed libs??? WHY? i've been out of the game lately and i would never of expected a lib buff. they were marginally OP AS **** about 5 months ago.

I spent alot of time fighting libs, or rather getting stomped by libs, though when it's a tight crew or outfit that's just how it is. BUT never would i of thought that the lib would get buffed, skyguard was the ONLY AA (with the exception of organized tower work) that proved effective. now they nerfed the sky guard and buffed the lib?

GIVE ME MY STRIKER BACK THEN.
  11. BOOKEN

It's a very nice pic.
  12. BOOKEN

I just had to reply. I don't usally lol while reading forum posts but this one made me laugh.

Lemme ask you something? How many ESF have you destroyed with a tank? And How many Tanks have you destroyed with an ESF?

If it was "just so easy" we wouldn't be having this discussion, it would be the other way around. And please, show us a montage of you so easily destroying aircraft with a tank. Please, please i can't wait to see it.
    • Up x 2
  13. ScrapyardBob

2-3 MAX units playing hide and seek at the top of a tower with engineer and medics inside can do awesome things against those pesky aircraft flying around. Don't be a hero when in a AA MAX unit, if you start taking fire -- GET UNDER COVER. Wait a random period for the person who spotted you to get bored or pop out in a second location and let off another magazine. Duck back into cover every time you reload and pick a new doorway to pop out of. Focus fire the wounded ESFs first.

Punish those who hover, teach them not to stick around. That takes some pressure off your fellow ground forces and/or softens up the enemy air for friendly ESFs to come in and finish the job.
    • Up x 1
  14. ScrapyardBob

Go buy a better PC, stop being a whiny loser who wants SOE to nerf things just because you want to be a lone wolf.
    • Up x 3
  15. Keyski

Do you think the mass pubbers will care that they are just harrasing enemies for no xp? No. Hence why THEY ARE TOO BUSY DOING THEIR OWN ****. They DON'T care, and I explained why though my experience.
    Lack of XP in an XP driven game. Period.

Why would ANYONE waste their time spending 1000 certs so you can get 20 xp back here and there, assuming the enemy does not up and fly away to another point, leaving you bored and useless?

There's no need for buffing AA or any of that, because it actually does work well in large numbers. The problem is getting the players to cert into and use AA weapons.

I have 300+ hours, I do not even own ground to air rockets. I rarely pull AA maxes, since I did not cert them. I only pull ESFs, sometimes, because after I can kill the aircraft I can go farm some other base with rockets.
  16. IamnotAmazing

uh, wut?

also when there are stats saying I eat turkey sandwiches, I eat turkey sandwiches, that's not disputable
    • Up x 1
  17. Kristan

So instead of SOE fixing memory leaks I have to buy a new PC that might cost 1500$ and as I heard still won't fix the problem. Okay, would you give me that money? Because you say it like buying a new PC is something I can do for pocket change.
  18. Forlorn Hope

Honestly this entire thread has been you making excuses for why what works for everyone else doesn't work for you. Like I stated earlier since your computer is a toaster, your teamwork abilities rival those of a leper, you lack even the smallest amount of situational awareness and you want the game to conform to your single player wants and forget about everyone else playing the game, maybe something more linear is up your alley. Titanfall is fun.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kristan

Stop pointing at me and blaming me for everything while this game has balance gap in G2A weaponry.

Because Devs decided to rely on Skyguard as ultimate G2A weapon that as they think solves all the air problems at all distances. But the problem is - Skyguard is PS1 weapon. And it worked in PS1 because flight ceiling was 400 meters. Now we have flight ceiling of 1000 meters and Skyguard IS NOT WORKING, because it's effective range is 400 meters!

It's not about teamplay, it's not about being a lonewolf, It's about that we don't have a hard counter weapon to solve the problem of high flying Libs that obliterate everything below with Dalton. The only hard counter as people say is pulling an ESF (after you spent months of learning to be decent), try to get through of 3 other enemy ESFs, start to drill that Liberator for a whole minute, while it will just go belly up and one shot you with a Dalton. Or two shot with Bulldog. Not to mention new Hyenas missiles.
  20. Utrooperx

I still think the best solution is make A2G and G2A damage ranged based...the Air Farce that sits just outside of small arms/G2A range shouldn't be able to damage anybody...huge accuracy debuff/huge CoF/huge damage drop-off.

Make it sporting...The Sky Warrior wants to cheese on the lowly Ground Pounder peasant...get a little closer...

If YOU can hurt me...I should be able to hurt YOU.

The Lords of the Air want to snipe Ground Pounders...OK, that's cool...do it from 50 meters up...and give me a insta-lock G2A that takes 1/3 of the birdie's health.

Nicely balanced...risk/reward...there are 3 seats on a Lib...technically, its a 3 man aircraft...if the Ground Pounder gets his missile off before he gets smoked, equal damage...1/3 of a Lib's health.

Debuff the lib's small arms resists...make it equal to a ESF's...

Risk/reward...if the Air Farce wants to farm...give the sheep some sharp teeth.
    • Up x 1