Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Munq

Liberators aren't dominating anything. If I'd have to guess, I'd say you can't read the map and just stubbornly stay in a facility with 10% vs 90% population and then whine how you get killed by those vultures they call Liberators.

If your station isn't already overrun, you can easily pull out a burster max and make the Liberator turn tail and run. Hell. You can even ignore the whole thing if you can get out of the spawn room without getting peppered by infantry and tanks.

I can't say I have been killed that many times by Liberators lately. They aren't problem for me. Vast majority of my deaths come from infantry, then tanks and other ground vehicles, then ESF and last Liberators. Honestly I think I've died once or twice to Liberators after the changes came out. They aren't that big of a deal.

L2p issue. Again. People get killed once or twice by a Liberator in a base that's already lost and they lose their sh*t. If enemy has air superiority, too bad. You need to get it back. How? The same way they got it from you.
    • Up x 1
  2. CaoCow

If Burster MAXes weren't stupidly inaccurate garbage, with pathetically miniscule default magazines, this may not be a problem.

If the projectiles had a proximity fuse like flak did in PS1, aircraft would also be far less dominant.

If factions had individual anti-air MAX loadouts (again, as they did in PS1: Starfire was beastly), aircraft would be negligible.
    • Up x 1
  3. Darsh

Accuracy of MAX Burster is actually quite decent unless the Libs is really far away, and at that point, you won't do much damage anyways. Libs are fat.. and easy to hit even with the AA's increasing Cone of Fire.
    Let's examine how fast I can Kill a Lib with an AA MAX. Lib is 130 meters away in this example. You can test this in VR if you want.
    I have extended Mags and it takes me 11.5 seconds to unload all 42 Rounds per arm (I am firing both arms at the same time) Takes 3 seconds to reload. and it takes another 28 rounds per arm to finish off the Lib. Total time to blow up Lib, 23 seconds with Reload, assuming I don't miss. Yes.. the Lib will probably have time to fly away.. because in this case, I'm on my own. but if you have another AA MAX with extended Mags, all of a sudden, it will take 10 seconds to kill a Lib if your aim is true, because neither of you will have to reload. So bottom line.. 2 AA MAXes can kill a Lib in 10 seconds if they focus on it. Now 3 AA MAXes can kill a Lib in 6.6 seconds.. you get the picture.

This is all assuming that the Lib is at 100% health. But the reality is. Libs are up in the Open where everyone and their mothers can shoot at it. Any Default Basilisk gun on Sunderers, MBTs, Harassers. Any one who decides to jump in a free AA turret, Any ESFs can take a pot shot at a Lib while its flying up above. So chances are, its not going to be at 100% health.
  4. xXGenesisXx

This is what we should aim for. Hit SOE where it hurts .... pockets ..... and those "brave" air heroes will be flying on a quidditch broom very soon . Lets see them then whining on the forums while we tell them to "coordinate" ......
    • Up x 1
  5. Bullborn

The Libs in VR are stock Libs are they not? or did you try against a Lib piloted by a another player using the disabled invulnerability?

And how long does it take for the Lib to kill the AA max?

Also, why 130meters? That seems pretty close for a Lib to engage from.

If you assume a non-perfect hit ratio, chances are that with even two dual-bursters shooting at the Lib, you will not down it without reloading.

You also assume 100% coordination between the two AA maxes and that both AA maxes are at full magazines when they engage the Lib. And that no fire suppression is being used, nor any terrain in the way.

You could say that, sure bring a 3rd AA max, but at that point the resource cost of the AA maxes vastly outnumber the resource cost of the Liberator. And assuming, the standard 2-man Lib setup, requiring 3 AA maxes to take one down wouldn't be fair in the first place.

As for the 100% Lib health, sure, it is not given that it is at 100%, but most Libs do a pass, autorepair to 100%, do another pass. So for the most part, they tend to be.
  6. xXGenesisXx

It takes 1.6 sec total for that Lib to turn those 2 maxes in to a smoking ash pile ...... move on .
    • Up x 1
  7. Darsh

Most libs that farm spawn rooms don't particularly Fly very high. Hence why the 130m distance. If you miss a spawn camping Lib with AA MAX from 130 - 150 meters, you really need to stop playing FPS.
    Ah yes..the resource cost.. resource cost.. ppl need to shut up about the resource cost of 3 MAXes.. those AA maxes can be rezzed. Libs can't.
  8. Darsh

ummm.. no.. it really doesn't. Again. L2P.. use cover. if there's two of you shooting at him, he won't stay still very long and his gunner won't be able to accurately shoot at you. Use your minimap. you can see where that Lib is before coming out of cover to shoot at it. The Lib doesn't know where you are, chances are, you're not even rendering, and by the time they spot you, they're most likely going to trying to fly erratically to get away and become a burning wreck before the gunner can kill both MAX units.. which btw.. can be rezzed.
  9. Bullborn

If the two people flying the Libs are both decent players, they can simply alternate who is piloting, and thus keep a Lib up constantly (unless they have exceptionally low aircraft resource income). Just spawn a new one.

An AA max that gets killed does not have that luxury, and with the new revive timer, getting ressed by randoms doesn't happen that often. So that means at least 3 bursters, 2 medics and 1 engineer to take out a Lib (2 medics in case a medic gets hit, and an engy to repair). Infantry resources are also drained through other weaponry (mines, c4, grenades, etc), whereas a Lib team will only use resources on Libs.

It sounds like you think the only counter to Libs should be to sit inside the spawnroom with 3+ dual burster maxes and wait for the Lib to arrive. That's not particularly fun for neither the bursters nor the Lib.
  10. xXGenesisXx

1.First it takes exactly 1 sec for a lib to drop an AA max .
    2. As soon as you run to cover/rearm that Lib is already repairing .

Take your stories and suggestions and shove them where the sun don't shine. You cowards like to put walls of text here to defend your flying CERT PRINTER no one is buying it especially from Air "heroes" who spend 99% of their time flying 500m from harm never to step off their invincible toy while throwing L2P around as if sitting at render distance while farming the running certs on the ground takes skill. " Hey Guyz i HAZ a flying Machine ....coordinate !! " F Off
    • Up x 1
  11. Pacster

As if anyone would cert into nanite repair...and even that is much much slower than the engi is when repairing his ESF.
    You can not shoot at decent pilots from much much further away than they can....well...you can..but you will only land lucky shots and they won't hurt much. I guess I really should learn to play my AA-MAX...I mean, I'm really a noob at stuff like this...given that I play shooter since Wolfenstein/Doom, that I had a name in online shooters in germany already in Team Fortress Classic back in the days...and that I fired like 100k rounds with each of my two bursters. But keep sharing your wisdom, punk.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pacster

Which then already needs another player....oops. Another player could come with another lib on the other side too..and then? The medic is dead...no rezz...
  13. Masterofm

I didn't really feel the libs needed to change. That is all.

They were squishy but good for what they were.

The problem is with libs is it has a huge skill ceiling. Either useless or awesome. There is no middle ground.
  14. Bullborn

I actually have max certed nanite repair on maxes, and I do run it on my AA max, but its pretty pointless. I would probably cert flak armor for AA. I got nanite repair mostly for solo-farming infantry in lower-pop skirmishes (for which it works pretty well).

Either way, autorepair is not gonna save the day against aircraft, at least not Libs.
  15. IamnotAmazing

You're making a fool of yourself, I would give up if I were you.

So you're saying libs and air in general don't require teamwork? One esf doesn't, but he won't do anything and can be forced away. A lib requires a massive amount of teamwork and constant communication, if the crew isn't constantly talking they will die very quickly.

If this is you https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428019223854411553/vehicles
    then I know why, you have barley any experience in air, you have 17 hours, 17. You know nothing about the air game, that would be like me saying "oh mbt's don't require teamwork, one guy just spams he and the gunner just spams his ESAI. I don't have any idea how tank crews communicate, cause I"m not a tanker, this is hte case you are having.

Teamwork is required in all aspects of this game, if there isn't communication that squad/vehicle is going to die very quickly.
    • Up x 1
  16. bonkfire

Yes but why should a team of 2 (Lib) beat a team oriented squad of 6
  17. Darsh

It doesn't ... ppl exaggerate sooo much. Myself and a friend manned 2 AA turrets at a base and we kept 3 Libs at bay. They obviously weren't coordinating between eachother but 2 ppl in 2 free AA turrets managed to keep a total of 9 players at bay.. We also killed 1 of the 3/3 Libs in the process and several ESFs.. so ppl who think it takes a squad of 6 to hold a 2 man Lib at bay.. are basically just very very very VERY bad.
  18. Kriegson

When you have a couple of turrets that never run out of ammo and can gib a lib in about 2 seconds, yeah no **** it's not hard. The issue is that most of the time that libs are an issue, you have 2 or 3 of them floating around with several ESF and no one can pull a skyguard, dual bursters or lockons (not they tend to work anyhow) because they all costs certs into a very specific function that isn't very rewarding or works very well.
  19. Kriegson

20. Pacster

Wow...one fight...and you forget to mention that there was likely a whole lot other stuff going on or one 2/3 Lib that wanted to take you 2 out would have done that job(and there is ZERO you could have done about it). Get real and don't tell us about your "odd" situations....

No idea, could be one of mine, don't bother to check it out. Does it matter? I don't drink rat poison and still think it's deadly....how could I know without trying myself? That's just a stupid arguement. One is flying the other is playing point&click...that's enough to farm certs...no communication needed at all for that...you are not changing that fact. Nobody needs to to spend 200hours in a vehicle to know the basics and if that's already enough for successful farming...well...then that says all. I don't care how hard it is to make it even better at farming...and seriously I don't care how hard to master something is as long as there is no similar hard to master AND successful counter for it on the ground. The point is that you need a counter that is at least as successful with about the same amount of teamwork(nothing to the degree of focus fire...libs don't do that either) and resources...and due to the lack of moveability it would actually have to be much better than libs to make up for it. Give that to players and hear the pilots cry out loud when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Spare me all that skill BS as long as ground units can't do the same with the same skill. It's just not fair that skill boosts aircrafts to killers of everything...while the same skill helps very little against aircrafts as ground unit. That's just not balanced...
    I just don't get what makes people think they they can rule the game just by skill and that other players on the ground that get farmed have to be ALL without skill. It's pure hybris. You are not better than a lot of infantry...you just got the way superior toys...