Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Kristan

Mostly I don't make rant posts on forums, but I reached the boiling point now.

The problem is: Liberators dominating everything. Again. Just like a year ago. And ESFs are helping with that.

Previously I just got irritated when I got pinned to spawnroom by a single Lib that selfrepars makes it impossible to kill. But now things gone abused. There like 3-4 Liberators at the ceiling raining down Dalton shells reducing everything to dust with zero threat. G2A launcher are out of range. I pulled a Skyguard and it did nothing to them! I haven't killed a single Liberator... well except for one that just stood still and soaked in all the flaks without any attempts to retreat or evade. And soon I got killed by said Dalton hail. Niiice! Previously people said "Get an AA ESF and kill the Lib!" LOL! I did so. It was less than a minute when I got picked by PR0MLG 95BR ESF pilot who stuffed my plane like thanksgiving turkey without a chance!

So uh... People say that currently G2A weaponry meant to deter air... Well... I don't want to deter aircrafts! I want to kill them! Why I can't have a weapon that does the job? Why G2A launchers got nerfed both range and damage? For PR01337MLG pilots who own everything now? Because they can't use flares? I am tired of this.
    • Up x 28
  2. xXGenesisXx

From what i have seen Dual Buster max can literally fire all its ammo with like 80% hits and not kill a Liberator. Said liberator will kill you though in 0.8 sec. And then just repair back to top in few seconds . Skyguards die almost as fast . It does not help that your ESF are to busy farming ground with pods to even bother with attacking those behemoths . You will be turned in to dust 3 times over before you get a lock on said liberator if he is even at range and even if you by some lucky chance do get to shoot that missiles it will do like 5% dmg if that . Pointless is pointless .
    • Up x 16
  3. Akeita

You are alone, as they said "Calm down maverick, you have to wait for your wingman". Since they add that bloody Hyena pods ( Coyote pods ) for lib, ESFs can no longer rekt em' like they should anymore ( Unless it's 4 ESFs vs 1 lib ). This piss me off as an ESF pilot, lib just got a huge buff to tank's shell and they gave lib a coyote.
    • Up x 6
  4. NoctD

Don't look to ESFs to help you out - the Dalton wipes an ESF still, the Shredder/Tank Buster all rip ESFs to shreds, meanwhile an ESF has to slowly chip away at a Liberator.

The Lib farms everything in this game - infantry, tanks, and air. It can take down other Libs and Galaxies much faster than any ESF can too. And put the lights out on an ESF in a blink. The belly guns are not just A2G weapons, especially the Dalton/Shredder, they're anti everything guns.
    • Up x 13
  5. Kristan

I saw groups of friendly ESFs trying to kill the Liberators. All of them ended up as burning wrecks because of enemy ESFs that patrolled around + Lib tail gunners did their job.
    • Up x 6
  6. Koldorn

I've been asking this for a while and never seem to get a straight answer.

"What kills aircraft?" - not deter, kills.

Only two things I've been able to come up with:
    -Terrain
    -Ramming

Thus the reign of the SkyWhale commenced.
    • Up x 12
  7. xXGenesisXx

Terrain not always . Pulled a Skyguard to try and repel a drooling Libtard camper the other day he got so low he rammed my tank and slammed in to the ground in front of me all while i was spraying him from 20 meters. Needless to say the outcome . Me dead in 4 sec he at 75% HP and already repairing .........
    • Up x 9
  8. AzureKnight

I get that there's no cover in air, so air vehicles should have that armor buff, but I do agree that even with two or three Skyguards, you can't take out one lib because it will fly away and either boost, or auto repair 25% of its health before landing behind a mountain to completely repair. Meanwhile, your solely AA gun gets destroyed because it can't kill the G2G rockets and C4 spam that's gunning for you.

The problem I have is that they buffed all of the resistance for libs as well as added new guns. besides that, they also nerfed all launchers to what they are so ESFs which SHOULD be one shotted by launchers (save if they have composite armor 3+) now take 2 shots to make them flame. People say this was because Libs were to become the FOTM item so they buffed them to allow for new players to stand a chance with them. I could go on about how stupid that logic is.

Apparently "libs are easy to take out if you use an ESF". This is such crap logic. And everyone who's not an ace pilot knows that's a load of crap as their non/minimally-certed ESF is either gonna be dalton-sniped, or going to be hit by a number of lockons, or taken out instantly by any AA, or are gonna be wrecked by anyone who actually has a kill count in Air versus Air battles.

It's like they want to increase the flyers of this game. If they do, buffing their armor and nerfing their counters just makes the ground players want to leave. If you want to increase the air game, remove the skyguard and refund via certs or station cash for it. Increase RoF of AA turrets or their damage(not both), revert lockons, reduce the pre-cert and max certed timers on ESFs, and reduce their cost by 50-100 resources.
    • Up x 4
  9. xXGenesisXx

No one even bothers to mention AA maxes any more heh ? What about the 1000 Certs for that useless 2'nd buster ?
    • Up x 6
  10. William Petersen

I'm pretty sure even with extended mags and 100% hits, it takes at least two full mags to kill a lib. I've always meant to test this in VR Training, but never think to do it when I'm there.

And Genisis, what about the people like me who paid SC for it? =(

EDIT:
    I disagree, speed and maneuverability (as well, in the case of the less agile Lib, sheer firepower) are their defences. Also range. Libs can bomb from render distance, making themselves a smaller, harder to hit target. They really don't need as much durability as they have regardless the lack of "cover".
    • Up x 3
  11. Koldorn

Well to be fair; the real threat is Auraxian Trees. But they threaten to extend branches over air pads and vehicle bays alike; if they're excluded from the terrain category.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ryme

The explanation I've managed to get is that Airfcraft kills aircraft. If you're on the ground, your options are to compel them to fly away and repair before coming back, hide, or die. Nothing on the ground is supposed to be able to kill anything in the air. (Save for the ground itself and trees) This is what pilots feel is "balanced" and "fair".

Hmm... maybe what we need is an "Arborer" class or vehicle loadout that can deploy trees!
    • Up x 5
  13. Ash87

This was me reading this post:

Ahhh, another Kristan post, lets see what this user has put together today... that post about Orbitals was pretty nice after all hmmm...
    [IMG]

Oh to the points of the post!
    It'll come around again.

Problem here, is that if the devs retweak things too far, we'll end back up where we were in November, where Air was totally worthless unless you had put untold hours into learning to be a pilot.

I really hope the devs leave lock-ons alone in the readjustment though... we don't need that BS happening again.
    • Up x 2
  14. AzureKnight

Well, that would be included in buffing RoF or damage of AA turrets... Though actually, Burster MAXes should have their CoF reduce to what it use to be and that would be enough. But the problem is that exactly. You need 1000 certs to even unlock the second AA gun. Before doing that, Maxes suck at AA entirely. After that, MAXes just become an air deterrent only if there's fewer than 2 Libs, less that 5 ESFs, and no Gals while at the same time not being stuck inside your base's spawn rooms.

Besides for that, no one mentions AA maxes because they're largely useless in most situations as when air dominate an area, they just pick the MAX off with whatever gun they're using. If it's not air, then the plethora of AI and AV weapons are usually aimed at you.
    • Up x 4
  15. cruczi

As an AA MAX, just like any other MAX, you're supposed to move with your team. Enemies are just as deadly to other MAXes if you can't isolate targets and/or don't have support.

A single AA MAX is not supposed to counter an air-dominated area. In terms of resource cost, it's supposed to counter one enemy aircraft - more than that, you're already doing more than your part which is great. If you want to counter air domination, you need several AA MAXes.
    • Up x 3
  16. KnightCole

Lol, my buddy in game has a libby and his buddy gunning it. I shot it with 5 Lock ons, another HA shot it a time or 2. Then 2 Reavers chased it down and in the end he sends me a tell saying he killed both the reavers and was still alive.

Sooooooo...yeah, Liberators are utter ******** now. They are impervious farming god machines of doom.....

I dont see why people dont want PS1 BFRs in this game, they are already here in the form of Liberators. But they are worse cuz Libs we cant Emp, we cant hack, we cant chase down, we cant kill....we cant knock out thier weapons.....lol.

Liberators should get NAR removed and Fire suppression should only put out fires, ofc this is for all vehicles imo. Fire suppression shouldnt be a magical repair kit. Should heal the tank just enough to not be in the red.
    • Up x 10
  17. xXGenesisXx

I would like to see you "Dominating" one not more not less but one Liberator as an AA max . And i am not talking about Spawn room camping shooting behind the shields i am talking about a squad getting farmed by a lib while trying to take a base. You will die in 0.8 sec while doing exactly 7% of damage to that Liberator . No matter the gun that he has equipped. Go try an AA max before you post .

As an AA max i usually know how to position myself to not get killed by other infantry/Tanks . Our biggest problem as AA maxes is A.
    • Up x 6
  18. axiom537

3 - 4 Liberators = 6-8 players at the bare minimum coordinating in 3 - 4 vehicles and you think that pulling one ESF or Skyguard is the answer. That is the problem, the enemy brought more players and more fire power to the fight, that sucks but that is the reality.

Not saying that 3-4 Liberators working as a group focusing on targets isn't a tough nut to crack, but this situation really requires the coordination of an equal number of players pulling their own ESF or Liberators and work as a group to take this group out, or Bursters or skyguards, whatever might work. Seeing as they were out of lock-on range also means that they could only be hitting vehicles, or turrets since infantry would have been out of render range.

Same thing happens when a squad or 2 pull multiple bursters or whatever and camp a warpgate, killing anything and everything that comes out of it. Until the one side decides to coordinate and pull enough vehicles and troops to match and eliminate that threat, it will remain and prey on those that want to go it alone.

If you are not willing to work & coordinate with other players to take out this threat, then it will remain. At the very least, use region or command chat and ask for Air support at your location and most times you will get a group of friendly ESF's and Liberators to take out that threat, they are sweet XP cherries waiting to be popped.

My outfit having many experienced pilots/ players, if asked over command chat, region chat or see it happen, we will fall back to the warpgate and pull the appropriate amount of vehicles and eliminate this sort of threat all the time. I am quite sure your empire like all of the empires has a fair amount of experienced pilots and outfits that love taking on these sort of fights, they just need to know where....
    • Up x 5
  19. TomaHawk

Well, is it fair that a huge bomber have to fear a single AA max, even fully certed? I don't. That AA Max should fear for himself more than the other way around. Before this update, it was more like that. A single AA max did too much damage to be much afraid. I will agree that the update was an over correction, but I do believe the change was in the correct direction in favor of air. The problem now is that lots of air requires some multitude of ground AA and/or opposing air to keep under control.

It's super easy now sitting in a couple libs pounding a spawn building. If it was laughable before the spam keeping people inside the spawn rooms, now what's it like? lol...
    • Up x 1
  20. Akeita

I still dreaming about exclusive EMPs ammo ( maybe 3 - 5 per infil or just based on "mana" like ghost in starcraft 2 ) that shut down an aircraft engine for 2 second like a ghost in Starcraft 2 pew pew protoss :D... And that's just a dream, would be beautiful if that happen. ( I gun a lib for a random air squad before, a lock on took like 6 - 10% of a lib health... That damage is too low, consider the G2A launcher's rocket flight angle and suck now )
    • Up x 1