Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Pacster

Uf you can survive in the same fight as infantry more than 30 seconds...you are decent already. So cry me a river about 5 minutes in vehicles. Really.
  2. xXGenesisXx

You can call it what ever you like with the amount of outrage on the forums over air domination you can kiss your cert printer goodbye ...... its just a matter of time . You'r tears will be so tasty once SOE realize that they will lose a lot more players catering to the AIR cowards then listening to the ground forces ...... currently you mouth breathers are only 5% or less of the server population that ruins the game for the rest 95% . Once the player numbers start dropping SOE will reap you apart and it wont matter how badly you want to keep your god mode or how many post you make trying to justify it.
  3. david06

Regarding the "no threat to infantry" comments, liberators can hover out of lockon range and destroy sunderers. So a single one can shut down fights and can do it easily without retaliation.

Since the buff I've seen a lot of small engagements promptly shut down by a hovering lib, and I've seen a lot more spawn camping by libs, so I guess SOE thought that the servers were too active and that there wasn't enough spawn camping in this game.
  4. Darsh

Well, I have 200+ kills with my Bursters. you have 40 kills. So I think I'm a hell of a lot more qualified than you are when it comes to talking about AA MAXes. Don't forget, I'm not always by myself and have friends who pull out their AA MAXes too, and you cant see all the Aircraft Kill Assists I have. I'm sure they at least 2 to 3 times higher. So I have 200+ aircraft kills. and most likely 400 to 600 Aircraft kill assists only with BURSTER MAX (since my buddies or orther random players get the killing blows too).

Also, you'll notice that I spend the most time in vehicles as a Liberator Gunner.. My weapon of choice is the Shredder and We make it our duty to go after any Libs we see. So I've probably destroyed another couple hundred Libs and ESFs simply by bringing my own Lib above their unsuspecting, spawn camping arses.

That being said, Its not the Air thats too powerful. Its the players who need to learn how to Deal with them. And yes.. this means you need some level of coordination. Afterall, this game is an MMO and rewards teamplay. So if you want to play solo, and actually expect good results when a couple of Outfit grouped ESFs and 3/3 Libs with coordinated crew members show up above the battlefield, you are clearly going to be disappointed.

Even if you pull out an AA MAX and you have a few other random players pull out AA MAXes, if you're not coordinating together, you will lose. You need to focus your firepower and actually OPEN fire at the right time, and not when the Aircrafts are 500 meters away and the FLAK barely does any damage at that distance.

No matter what you think, AA MAXes have a huge advantage against Libs. Its called Render distance. Libs won't see you until they're close, and by that time, they are too close to run away if you properly coordinate your attacks.

The current problem is mostly that PPL haven't adjusted to the fact that More players are using Libs now that the tail guns aren't completely useless. So we see alot more Libs than we've seen in the past. Which means, we're going to need that many more players switching to AA duties.. and that just doesn't always happen, because ppl don't like AA duty.

Personally, I love using Dual Buster MAX because once the air threat is gone, I don't feel useless. I can simply go to the nearest Sundy or Terminal and change my MAX loadout to Anti Infantry, or Anti Vehicle if the situation calls for it. So I can accomplish every role without spending more infantry resources. Unfortunately for ppl who pull Skyguards, they can't switch loadouts. so that sucks. And Vehicles being able to change loadouts should have been implemented at Launch.
  5. Jonesing25

I'm tired of hearing about air dominating anything. Pull an AA max and blast at them, they won't hover for long. I mean - seriously - You can shoot bursters from inside the spawn room. Almost every base has multiple AA turrets. Stop whining and out play them. the only solution to keep air from attacking ground is A2A weapons only. At that point, you may as well just take aircraft - except the Galaxy - out of the game. It wouldn't make a difference whether you had air power or not.
    I enjoy an A2G role very much. I get tired of ground pounding then look for battles I can reinforce. As far as a Liberator hovering out of lock-on range - put away the lock-ons and grab some skill based weapons. If it's hovering it's not even much skill to blast them bursters. Maybe equip your sunderer with an anti-air weapon.
    TL;DR - When air attacks and you're not prepared for it. You're not dying because it's OP.
  6. JackD

Thanks for your feedback. Sadly its not worth responding since you dint even list one reason why the Lib is OP. In fact th crying about Libs is going on since over a year. There were tears when it was OP, there were tears when it was gimped and know again crying but not much else. And the question now and then is, l2p and use AA
    • Up x 1
  7. Darsh

Maybe if players actually entered the Sunderer and manned the two Basilisks Turrets.. just maybe.. MAYBE that lib wouldn't simply hover there and blow the sundy to bits. just MAYBE... How many times do I see ppl panicking.. "OH CRAP! our sundie is being destroyed!. quick! repairs!" buy they have tunnel vision and completely ignore the 1 dude 150 meters away who's shooting at it. Soo tell you what, if you leave your Sundie undefended, it deserves to be blown up.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pootisman

The problem is that aircraft is a lot more mobile than ground AA. If your whole squad pulls skyguards and burster MAXes to counter the 3-4 libs, the libs will just fly to the next base and you squad is stuck with useless AA.

The same happens when its only 1 lib ... he flies to a base, farms some kills and when people pull AA he just flies to the next base. This often ruins the fight/fun for the people on the ground.

They only good counter to a lib is another lib, while libs can kill everything very efficiently ... bad balance.
    • Up x 1
  9. xXGenesisXx

Ohh if you bothered to read the entire thread you would see countless reasons i already gave not going to repeat myself to every Lib Hero who comes here to defend his CERT printer . The amount of outrage there is on the forums ATM will get you nerfed . Justified or not does not matter . It's a numbers game . Air heroes are barely 5% of the server population if even that. SOE will lose much much more players catering to you then to ground. You can like it or not you can foam or just accept it but it will come . And it will be glorious .
    • Up x 2
  10. Pacster

Oh, and the max player didn't? I see, very special game logic.

I see. a pilot+1gunner are now excessive coordinated teamplay. If air would need serious teamplay, this would be a totally different discussion. But whenever SOE nerfed air so they could not farm anymore as lone wolves and have been shot down by similar numbers of ground units you had all pilots come to the forum and whine how unfair that is and that they can hardly use their aircraft anymore,
    If you want to farm as lone wolf or 2 man team then it's still tanks or aircrafts....nobody with experience would use infantry for that. So spare us the BS that vehicles are teamplay and infantry just isn't using any teamplay at all or they could compete with air and tanks.

Nobody(no matter how often you claim the opposit) wants to beat an army alone here. They are just not willing to be slaughtered by vehicles in 1on1 situations without of having any weapon at hands to stop them. Nobody complains about lightnings, flashes or harassers(anymore)....it's always about MBTs(in case of TR and NC a gunner isn't even needed), Libs(1-2players...3 is luxury and not needed for farming) and ESF....cause infantry players do not really feel like they have any chance against them unless those vehicle pilots are really, really bad.

People here are talking about skill ceiling for pilots. Great...but why is there no such skill ceiling for ground(and if someone is skilled he should be as devastating then vs. air)? Why is G2A cone of fire more luck than anything else? Where is the hard hitting AA that can kill skilled pilots? It's the feeling of being helpless against skilled pilots as AA....no matter if you are using a skyguard or bursters(let's ignore annihilators and strikers cause we all know they are absolutely useless right now). Granted, that unskilled pilots would then be slaughtered...but hey, that's what is happening to unskilled infantry all the time.
    • Up x 1
  11. david06

You've just had your liberator(already immune to small arms fire) buffed against tank cannons even though the only way those can hit a lib is if it's flown poorly.

Since you just had SOE enable you to lumber around and soak up damage instead of actually flying I find it hard how you can tell everyone else to get better.
    • Up x 1
  12. IamnotAmazing

Well, the max actually spent more. But a burster max can take an esf provided they don't have a banshee or mustang ah. You need teamwork to takeout air, sorry if that's beyond your skill set.
  13. Pacster

I see, I need teamwork to take out air but air does not need teamwork to take me out. And you as an obvious pilot tell me that teamwork is beyond MY skill set? Rofl...the pot calling the cattle black.

And sorry, a lib with a dalton gunner on it does not need teamplay at all. They don't need to talk. They don't need any kind of strat. One is flying and the other one shoots at everything on the screen. Teamplay? Really?
    I have done that with some random pilot just 2 days ago. I did not feel like doing any teamwork. It was more like playing a boring version of Rebel Assault(check google if you are too green behind the ears to know what that is/was)...but it gained me quite some nice certs and I didn't have to spend any resources at all.
    • Up x 1
  14. bonkfire

OK OK OK. Its not ESF's that are op against ground. Its the Liberators. Only explosives and AV/AA weapons hurt them. Their AV guns (dalton,shreeder, maybe zephyr) also do great at sluaghtering infantry. Honestly the only Lib gun that dosen't excell at killing everything (av/ai) is teh duster.

The problem is there is nothing in the game that is good against libs.

1. Immune to small arms
    2. Buffed against tank shells (honestly only bad lib pilots ever got killed by these)
    3. They have great armor and no weak spot (like shooting tanks in the rear.)
    4. ESF's with A2A can't even kill them without great skill or bad skill on the lib's part
    • Up x 3
  15. Darsh

When in my Burster MAX 1 vs 1 against ESF.. I win 80% of the time. Aircrafts just can't see me. They are flying too fast and render distance for them sucks. so on the rare occasion that I lose, its usually because I was not paying attention, and the ESF managed to sneak up on me and unload most of his rocketpods before I could start to retaliate.
  16. Pacster

Not true. A decent pilot is not getting close enough to you for you to shoot him down. Without an engineer you got none to repair you(while he just flies away and comes back fully repaired)..,so he can come back 2 or 3 times and then you are dead....that's it. In a real 1on1 you got NO chance against a skilled pilot. We are not talking about guys that fly right at you and hope they can kill you in close range before you manage to kill them although you started to shoot them in the face already. Those are noobs...and it's already a joke that even those will take down your health to 25% or less by just unloading their pods before you can kill them.
  17. Get2dachoppa

Logged in on Amerish, deployed to a base being captured. Fairly even numbers, 12-24 on both sides. I start to leave the spawn. In comes a Liberator nuking everyone trying to get to the control point. Me and at least one other guy put a couple rockets each into it to make it leave. In comes ANOTHER Liberator. People trying to reach control point are nuked again, enemy advances to spawn room camping position. Now can't even duck outside to deal with the Liberators (other one comes back now). Base lost. Logged out.
    • Up x 2
  18. Darsh

Clearly you have noooo idea how to play an AA MAX. Firstly.. I don't need an Engineer.. its called Nanite Auto Repair. Secondly, I can shoot at aircrafts effectively from much MUCH further away than they can shoot at me. Thirdly, I can use cover.. they can't. L2P
  19. Darsh

1. Tanks are immune to small arms too
    2. When you have a couple of 1/2 Tanks all trying to angle themselves up to shoot at a lib, at least a few will hit. Has nothing to do with the Lib pilot being bad. Its called probability, luck and in some cases Skill. Libs are slow, and sluggish.. shooting them with AP Tank shells is not hard. Especially if its hovering. And if its not hovering and moving too fast to be hit by AP shells, then that lib is not a very big threat to ground targets either as its probably moving too fast to be effective.
    3. With my Vanguard, it takes 3 AP shells to kill a stock Lib. With my Vanguard, it takes 5 AP shells to kill a stock Prower or Magrider from the Front / Side. No weak spots? really? Tanks can use cover. There is no cover in the sky. Tanks can have ppl repair them while they continue to shoot and farm your infantry. Libs can't. They need to land to have ppl repair them.
    4. I've seen good pilots Solo Libs. They don't use A2A rockets because the lockon range is too close, No.. they just use their nose guns or the new Hornet rockets and they try to stay as far as possible. Now two coordinated ESFs can take out Lib. Unfortunately, only about 10% of ESF pilots are actually skilled or coordinated. The rest are solo farmers who will get owned by attacking a coordinated 2/3 crew Lib or completely decimated by a 3/3 crew Lib. As it should be.
  20. bonkfire

I mean weak spots as in rear armor on tanks is weaker.