Tired of aircrafts domination.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Pacster

Tell me why an ESF should be able to kill more than one guy before being forced away? I mean I can't run around with infantry and shoot dozens of people either before being forced away. Same counts or tanks if the other side got more people there.

Some people believe into the freedom of speech and then get burned by it....for example...you.
  2. Pacster

Yeah, but how about good players playing infantry? Shouldn't they be able to slaugther tanks and planes in a similar fashion then? I at least don't see it in the game cause the infantry weapons vs. air are way too luck-based and too easy to avoid.

And no. It's not about good players. It's about libs and tanks....if sitting in a tank or lib qualifies you as a good players(cause most decent players use vehicles due to them making farming certs easier), then what you say is right.
  3. Flashtirade

If you can survive in a lib or a tank in a heavy fight for more than 5 minutes and actually kill things, then I'd say you're already decent. Go watch a large battle in which one or both sides brings armor and air, and pay attention to how much of it dies in the initial engagement and never comes back.
  4. MarkAntony

While I would love secondary IR missiles on my skyguard or a different type of long range high damage, slower RoF AAA I have to say that libs at high altitude are:
    1. No threat to infantry. (render distance)
    2. Only a threat to vehicles that aren't moving.
  5. Kristan

As I told before, high altitude liberators kill tanks and turrets, which opens the road for enemy tanks, ESFs and sunderers. Those are threat to infantry. And of course Liberators could descend a bit to begin feast on infantry as well.
    • Up x 1
  6. JustARandomNobody

Cool can't wait for you to link your AA ownage video.
  7. hostilechild

AA max counter air from long range. WTF you been smoking. Ever since they nerfed the AA max you can't hit **** out past 200m, 300m if you amazing. Within that distance any half way decent lib gunner will still 2 shot a MAX. I even have flak5 on my max and i tell you its useless, like its not working. 2 shots i am dead. Use to you could at least get off both arms before dieing (it takes more than 2 reloads to kill a lib) 3 maxes to make them run. If they sit at 300m-500m MAXes are just useless against them due to flak damage drop off and inaccuracy. And no a single max can never deny a lib the airspace, no matter how good. Sooner or later he will catch you doing the peak a boo so you don't instantly die.

MAX AA needs to be unnerfed with recent air buffs (coyotes WTF own a max faster than i can move, again with flak5).

I swear flak on max is broken at the moment. I use to be able to withstand a volley of pods, not even close anymore.
    • Up x 1
  8. GoyoElGringo

Why can't you, 1 person, take a lib crew? There are tiers that should be utilized.

Tier 1: 1 infantry
    Tier 2: 1 person in a vehicle
    Tier 3: Multiple people in a vehicle(vehicles with multiple gunners)

Obviously there are some exceptions, like 1 person with C4 can kill a Lightning, but for the most part you can't just expect a tier 2 to take out a tier 3. It either requires another tier 3 or multiple tier 2s.

Skill can also play a factor. For instance, a skilled tier 2 vs an unskilled tier 3(think an ace ESF pilot vs a mediocre lib crew) can make a difference. However, the problem with the AA is that it take no skill to begin with, just a safe spot to camp and a nice view of the sky. So you can see why 1 skyguard taking out a lib crew is less than ideal, especially if the lib crew is experienced. Multiple people with experience and using teamwork should prevail in a lot of situations, especially in that one.

Now I realize that using a skyguard and burster max are terrible boring and unsatisfying. But those are design flaws, we shouldn't expect things to be nerfed/buffed as a workaround, we should expect the flawed designs to be addressed.
  9. axiom537

No this really does come down to good players vs Bad players. Good players can do some amazing things in the Air, just like they can on the ground in vehicles or as infantry. Bad players make excuses and blame the tools and refuse to learn the skills necessary to survive or counter these tactics.

How many of the posters in this thread complaining about air and in virtually the same breath say they are bad at flying or flat out refuse to try or complain the skill level is too high. I know the OP has said multiple times, he does not want to get into an AIR vehicles, because it is TOO tough to do or learn. Well too damn bad...

I play on the ground just as much if not more then I play in the Air, but I couldn't tell you the last time I have been killed by a hovering Lib or Rocket-pods. Because it's pretty much a non factor most of the time and when it is a factor, I DEAL WITH IT. And that is what this whole argument boils down to. Players that adapt and DEAL WITH IT, vs those that can't be bothered to try or learn how to deal with it.
  10. Cougarbrit

Not in similar time frames no, because ammo constrains infantry more without support, because it is extremely easy to resupply infinitely with just being in the right place (ie any base you own or have hacked terms in), or having an engi around. Most efficient soloable AV infantry options are consumable based too, which definitely need resupplies via terminals.

A good C4 fairy could probably wipe out a lot of tanks by himself within one battle, the only constraints preventing that from probably happening all the time is that consumables are restored only upon terminal resupplies or death.

However, that wasn't really my point. My point was that that good player is going to do a lot more damage as infantry than the bad player is going to do as air, or tanks, or probably even a MAX. With the right positioning and timing, he could wipe out a squad of enemy infantry, clearing a point, uncapping a gen, wiping out a spawn, etc. That bad player will probably accomplish nothing comparable to that with his ESF, or whatever other vehicle. And when that good player dies, he'll be at no real loss for it resource/timer wise. The bad player will lose a resource investment and likely be on a long cooldown timer before he can attempt that role again.

Sitting in a vehicle does not qualify you as any better of a player, it does multiply your capability to dish out damage though, as well as take it. Good players adapt to these multipliers and use the correct counterplayers, bad players get farmed and whine.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cougarbrit

I feel like this is basically the same comment as William's one above (on the quoted post's page), and you can see there that I like Wyrd's reply to it so uh, yeah, my reply to your post should be pretty predictable I reckon.
    • Up x 1
  12. cruczi

Don't know about you, but I can hit enemy liberators all the way to render distance at 1 km or something to that effect. Example: Indar excavation to Quartz ridge.
  13. WyrdHarper

Dude. Like I said earlier, I have Skyguard operators in my outfit who can take on some of the best liberator crews in the game by themselves. Just because you aren't good at using a Skyguard doesn't mean that it's a bad platform.
    • Up x 1
  14. Meliorist

Tired of this thread being front page.
  15. IamnotAmazing

Considering nanites don't work while you're taking damage you're just plain wrong. You don't play the game, you've only got 250 hours. If a full squad, yes a full 12 guys, all shoots at an esf with their guns, he will run away, this is fact.

If you, a solo player (which you are based on your story) except to take out several vehicle by yourself without others you're plain crazy. Several sources of flak are pretty much necessary. You just need to be in a squad and air will never bother you, learn some teamplay.

cause he spent 250 resources, that's the game logic here, whether you like it or not
    • Up x 1
  16. Liquidrider

The only reason there is an air domination at the moment is because there has been back to back revamps for Air

ESFs, and Libs. Also the Galaxy spawning feature, although I don't believe that is a huge impact. It will eventually level out. People are taking advantage of the libs because they most likely will get nerfed.
  17. WyrdHarper

18. axiom537

Also note that he is not in an Outfit and has like 5 friends... That is just not the best way to get the most out of this game... This entire thread is about a lone-wolf, pug player that is upset that a coordinated group of player more than likly also in an outfit together are roflstomping him.

As I said before this entire thread is about either bad or solo players getting beat by either better players or those willing to group up and coordinate. You just can't fix or balance this...Even if we buffed things so a solo vehicle or player could deal with a group of players using multi-maned vehicles, once those more coordinated players get together in these upgrade solo vehicles, they are going to beat him even worse then before.
    • Up x 1
  19. Levtech

I do not hover, I dodge rockets, change to an open gunner seat to fire a shot or two and change back, etc.
  20. JackD

If your faction fails to get some ESF in to get rid of this Libs, i call it a tactical defeat.