[BUG] This game LMAO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haeggar666, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Haeggar666

My Rig:
    -i7-7700k 8x4,2 GHz
    -GTX 1080 8Gb VRam
    -16Gb Ram
    -Win10 64bit
    -game on SSD

My FPS:
    usually below 25

What i tried so far:
    -higher/lower Video Settings + .ini Tweaks
    -relocate game to HDD/SSD
    -repair game via launcher, obviously
    -removed a few .dlls from game directory and launcher repair
    -set game to high priority
    -MalWareBytes/Avast Virus check, no issues
    -removal of extra Software, like ASUS Ai Suite and such things
    -removal of any Software that runs during regular usage, i have only necessary processes running
    -no overlays over my game
    -turning off and hard shut down of Game DVR
    -no Shadowplay overlay
    -no Recursion Stat Tracker
    -driver updates of any hardware i have installed
    -OC of my i7 to 4,8 GHz

According to Core Temp i am at ~80% load on 4 cores and between 50-60°C which is fine
    GPU-Z places my temp at 50 °C which is also fine

So yeah, i need some help here. I really would like to double my 1,5k hours.
    Help me PlanetSide 2 Forum. You are my last hope.

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.
    When this is fixed, i will vanish into nowhere, let you contiune your business as usual.
  2. MonnyMoony

Are you positive your system is ok? I see FPS much higher than that on my system and aside from double the memory, my system is a lower spec.

i7-5930 @ 3.5GHz (6 cores/12 logical processors with no overclocking)
    GTX 980Ti
    32Gb Ram
    Windows 10 64 bit
    Game on SSD

With the game running at 1920x1200 and most graphics settings on medium (with some, like Terrain on high) - I routinely get frames rates up around 110FPS and my CPU utilisation is around 20% when running round the warpgate.

Are you sure you haven't pushed your system too hard overclocking - they can become unstable if you turn things up too high?
  3. DarkStarAnubis

There is something wrong.

I have a i3770k @ 4.3 GHz // GTX980 Ti running at 4k resolution. I get 60 fps (capped due to the displayport version) going down to 45 in big battles.

Before blaming the game, I would run a couple of graphic benchmarks (e.g. 3D Mark) and see how you perform against similar setups.

If your score is comparable then there is a problem with PS2, otherwise the problem is in the rig.
  4. Halkesh

I assume you have the same problem as this guy, and only are CPU capped while GPU is fine. (type /fps to be sure : it's written [CPU] or [GPU] ?)
    How much FPS do you have on warpgate ?
    You have the problem since the beginning ? If not, since when ?
    If you're GPU capped, how much bits your Graphic card have ?

SSD/HDD doesn't matter on FPS, just on loading duration.
  5. Haeggar666

I dont think so. I returned my System to normal Clock again. The OC was just an idea to get rid of my issue. To no avail.
    I mean i did not overdo it anyway, a jump to 4,8 GHz is not that troublesome, the system ran a CPU stress test without issue, only the temperature went to 80°C. Thats why i removed the OC after testing PS2.

I have another guy on Steam who has the same issue.
  6. Haeggar666

Well, i currently lack any real Benchmark Software, downloading 3DMark as i write, i did run my other games.
    Battlefield 4 runs at over 100 FPS, Fallout 4 has 60 frames set in stone, STALKER CoC runs almost always at 125 frames, some older games run in the range of 100-600 FPS.

I would be surprised if my rig has a Hardware issue. I had a pro exchange my CPU and changing the GPU can be done by a monkey. I did a clean wipe of my system after changing the CPU. The game ran fine afterwards, until last monday. Then i lost framerate.
  7. Haeggar666

1. Could be, but he gets more than 30 FPS outside of combat. I get 30 FPS and lower no matter what i do or where i am. In populated areas i get like 5 FPS.
    2. 30 or lower
    3. I played the game fine for 1,5 k hours. Monday my issue appeared out of the blue.
    4. The game says [CPU], got an i7-7700k. Thing is not even working at full load, ~80% actually. My GPU is a GTX 1080, should kill the game
  8. Haeggar666

Benchmark Update:
    3DMark
    TimeSpy Score 6885, better than 83% of all results
    FireStrike Score 17864, better than 94% of all results

So yeah, i am pretty confidend that my Hardware is not at fault.
    I could see a windows update screwing with me.
    Or the game engine is simply overengineered and i belong to the select few who get that message first...
  9. DarkStarAnubis

Are you running ps2 full-screen or windowed mode? It made quite a difference to me.
  10. Haeggar666

Sorry, but this does not matter with my issue. All 3 screen types yield the same low framerate
  11. Halkesh

If got this problem since monday then we should start from here.
    You said you have around 100FPS on other game, you did the test after Monday ?
    If so, it's a software problem and I can't help you that much.

As far as I remember, CPU don't have driver update so it must be a problem on planetside 2.
    Maybe a clean uninstall and reinstall might resolve the problem. If you do so, try to install from DBG, not steam. (I hope you've a better network than me : it take me 1h to download 2 GB)
  12. Haeggar666

Well, i already did a clean install from daybreaks website, nothing changed. I can do it one more time, but i doubt that this will do anything.
  13. Halkesh

You already did it, it's pointless to do it multiple time. Sorry man, I can't help you. :/
    Planetside 2 support might help you, maybe they did a ghost update this Monday ?
  14. Haeggar666

These guys have been silent since friday. Sure there was the weekend, but they could answer today. Unless they need to look deeper into that issue on their side...

Anyway, i am thankful for any help i can get.
  15. MuggieWara

This is reaaaaally weird.People are getting much better FPS on budget setups....
  16. TheSunlikeOne

- Try lower resolution
    - Completely disable the shadows
    - Try different OS (namely win 7), if that is an option.
  17. Haeggar666

Changing my video settings does not help in any way.
    My OS is fine, it worked for many months without any issue.
  18. TheSunlikeOne

Does your OS update itself? If so, that could cause the problem. The game client hadn't been updated this/previous week.
  19. Movoza

]could you update all your hardware and software information?
    You already mention 3 screens, which begs the question what resolution they are set, which are showing PS2 at what resolution, do you use scaling, other programs in the background and anything else that can influence the fps. If you have a 4k monitor you'll already push your fps down drastically, while changing the hertz to 144 will further hinder your performance. So a clearer picture of settings and the rig are appreciated.
  20. Haeggar666

Like i said earlier, a Windows Update could screw with me. I would totally get the point if i was completely alone, but i know of two other guys with the same issue. Since it is not a widespread issue, i guess it can not be an obvious one, something coming from the game.