[BUG] This game LMAO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haeggar666, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Haeggar666

By screens i meant settings like windowed and fullscreen.
    I mean i have a regular 1920x1080 60Hz monitor, no scaling required.

I should have written my earlier post a bit clearer
    • Up x 1
  2. SammyStoner

I've got the same issue so isn't just him, I went from 60-120fps in most places with it dropping to the 40's in big battles(ultra, medium shadows) to now getting anywhere from 15-50fps depending on where I am, what im doing and what im looking at. Everything was fine one day and broken the next, really sucks since was only able to play on my new build for a couple days before that issue popped up. Tried pretty much everything he has, nothing fixes it. Only lowering the resolution to the lowest seems to do anything, no other settings change anything(other than maybe like 2fps).

I've got an i5 6600k, rx 470, 8gb of DDR4 and am running windows 7 64 bit. No overclocking and game installed on my SSD
  3. boey

4. SammyStoner

Not sure if that would help him though, i'm running windows 7 with the same issue :/ Could fix it for him though, if so then that's good
  5. Haeggar666

Thanks a lot,
    but it did not work T.T

I felt like, yeah that is it, but it did not help...
    Tried Win7 mode aswell, no change in FPS.
  6. boey

Hmm, maybe try to set your Windows back to an earlier point of time before monday. Did you try this before? Maybe really a problem with a Windows Update.
  7. Rydenan

Is the NVidia control panel applying extra effects to the game? I know it's possible to add things like 64x Antialiasing on top of the antialiasing already in the game using the CP.
  8. Haeggar666

Well there was no update at that time.
    I will do a clean reinstall of my whole system as a last resort.
  9. Haeggar666

I double checked that, everything controled by the application
  10. boey

Did you change something in the windows energy management settings? Is your windows running on highest performance?
  11. Haeggar666

Always
  12. boey

And you are sure your game uses your 1080 as GPU and NOT the integrated graphics of your CPU?
  13. Haeggar666

I am sure. I have never seen any trace of an integrated CPU.
    In no game, i can not even select one in device manager or NVIDIA Control Panel
  14. boey

Sorry then, but i can't help you :/
  15. Haeggar666

Ah well, thanks for trying.
    Could be anyone stumbles upon something that might save me ^^
  16. Movoza

What about updates of your (video) drivers? Nvidea regularly pushes updates that aren't fully tested, so people sometimes recommend not updating until the next version is available. Reverting or further updating might help.
  17. Haeggar666

Well, the driver is older than the issue and i am not going for Beta releases since i had one driver bluscreening my in 15.
    My game is supposed to be CPU bound not GPU bound.
    I will try a set back to default drivers and see what happens, just to be sure
  18. Haeggar666

Nope, older drivers are not better
  19. voidreaperxx5

Don't do any of those super extreme measures, it isn't on your end, multiple others, including myself, have the same issue with the game suddenly performing drastically worse. I have 6700k 1080 and saw the same decline. Ironically, the problem might affect higher end graphics cards only. Likely to do with a new windows update, new graphics card, new ps2 patch or some interaction between the 3. Don't burn yourself out thinking the problem is on your hardware end, just try and do a gpu driver rollback to when before the fps drop hit and if that doesn't work sit and wait
  20. Haeggar666

Waiting it out might be the best thing to do