[BUG] This game LMAO

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haeggar666, Sep 17, 2017.

1. SammyStoner

Well nice to know it's more than just a couple people with this issue, means it might get fixed sooner. I have a feeling it might have something to do with planetside 2 instead of just OS and graphics, I have an i5 6600k and an rx 470 and running windows 7 and ran into it. Never did any program or driver updates, noticed planetside 2 do some micro update at the time my game screwed up though. My pc was on a fresh install after upgrading everything and ran into the issue a couple days later, so feel that kinda takes random driver updates out of the issue(I also turn off all auto updates, I like manual updating).

Planetside 2 has such weird issues. Been playing since around 2012, so seen quite a few. Guess we just got to wait it out and hope they fix it.
  2. Ximinetto

Ps4 doesnt have those issues...just saying.
  3. SammyStoner

That's PS4 though, there's quite a few differences between pc and console. Any small thing in the code or whatever could screw up something with something like certain processors or graphics cards or anything really. Easier to get a game running better on a console, since all the hardware is the same. Played a few games that had console and pc versions and console version was polished while pc version still had bugs.
  4. Haeggar666

Oh well,
    i had hopes that the update could fix my issue.
    But NOPE
  5. PreZiDenT

I haven't read every reply in this thread but have you disabled shadows? (This one is an extreme CPU-hog for any PC)

Do you get the same FPS-cap in other games?
    Set the game to normal priority by the way.
  6. Haeggar666

Aye, all that happened already :/

Other games run as expected
  7. PreZiDenT

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of your ingame video settings? Just want to confirm.

One more thing: What does the indicator lower right corner say? Does it say [CPU] or [GPU]?
  8. Haeggar666

It always said CPU,
    gonna give you my UserOptions.ini
    https://pastebin.com/74q0u1yi
    Well, no change i ever made had any effect.

I used to run at stable 60 FPS unless i ended up in giant zergparties. I upgraded my CPU and GPU to my current spec, but retained my previous video settings. Then after playing fine for a few weeks, with the old settings, my problem appeared out of thin air.

I went through a truckload of fixes and checked any nook and cranny on my system that could cause trouble. Nothing to see...
  9. PreZiDenT

You're running it in windowed fullscreen mode. That's a big no-no, at least for my PC. Press "ALT + Enter" ingame and it should return to fullscreen. See if that has any impact at all for your FPS.
  10. Haeggar666

That was a part of my inital attempts at fixing my issue, but there was no change in behaviour.
    Well i can try again, just to make sure.
  11. Haeggar666

Currently in VR training, ~20 guys around, below 20 FPS

Well Fullscreen was my previous setting, i just changed to borderless because i was able to tab easier between browser and game for looking up fixes.
  12. Ling

Microsoft has admitted that there are "issues" with Windows 10 and gaming, that could be your biggest issue.
    Have you tried unparking your cpu cores?
    Also I found that reinstalling the game after big patches can be a big help
  13. Haeggar666

Everything is unparked, i considered that already.
    I reinstalled the game like 6 times before this patch, reinstalling has no effect on my problem.
    MS better fix that, though i did not encounter any issue with other games. PS2 became picky over night, no win updates or anything
  14. HenAld

I havet read the other replies but your CPU clock is only 2 GHz and I know PS2 is CPU intensive and generally requires a high CPU clock no matter the CPU.
  15. Haeggar666

Bro my clock is at 4,2 GHz... maxes out at 4,5 GHz
  16. Kreantris

Do you have the latest version of Windows 10? If so, when in Planetside 2, press windows key + G to make sure game recording is not set to on. It would cause a huge framerate dip if it were.
  17. Haeggar666

I turned it off in the settings and by regedit, so this combination does nothing
  18. PreZiDenT

You said it turned terrible over night. Did you do something in particular during that day, as in installed some new software, updated drivers, etc?

Have you been in nvidia control panel to check if there's some planetside 2 specific settings that's overwriting global settings? I used to have some issue on a laptop because my laptop didnt get enough juice, and that fixed it. From what I've read youre on a desktop so that might be the case here.

Btw, is it capped as at specific framerate or does it fluctuate?
  19. Ximinetto

Omg, still having problems? I feel bad for you mate, Planetside 2 is a great game.
  20. Haeggar666

Nothing out of the ordinary. I wish i was able to confirm a date for the actual appearence of my issue, but i was not online for a few days and then it happened. There was no kind of update in that time.

I checked my nvidia settings many times, nothing thatcould interfere.

My FPS decrease exponentially, the first few people on screen will drop it to low 40, the biggest fights got me below 15.
    This may look like a regular thing, but it never ever occured on my weaker system and did not happen until an unspecified date. I never increased my video settings at no time until my misery appeared.