There is NO reason that NC and TR tanks should be able to shoot aircraft out of the skies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HowCanSheSlap, May 5, 2013.

1. Kapernum

Hitting Libs and Gals is at the moment far too easy with a Vanguard/Prowler. Even in motion.

Nerf tank shells damage against Libs and Gals.

Give a clearer indication if you're being hit by a tank shell. Right now it doesn't even make any distinctive sound. So before you notice you've lost half your health you take another shot up the butt.

I also don't think tank shells should one-shot ESF's. We can't "one-shot" them anymore right?
    • Up x 1
  2. colt .45 killer

By golly you're right. Obviously the only fix here is to make rocket pods automatically guide on the rear ends of tanks and on infantries heads. Bla bla bla technically possible in year 3000 bla bla blah why not bla bla bla ballanced.
  3. tbot

your so funny,

show your playerstats, lets see how many grunts you killed in your HE prowler shelling the spawnroom of a base.

No tanker here should open his mouth and say one single word about infantry farming .... it makes you look really stupid, specially when you are TR.
  4. Liquid23

I'm not a tanker and never claimed to be one... you just seem to generally not understand actual balance and are trying to insult people and twist the argument instead of just seeing the truth and learning to actually play

I play mostly infantry so in reality YOU as a pilot should shut your mouth and not say a single word about infantry farming
    • Up x 1
  5. tbot

the TTK on a LIB with an AP Prowler (full speced anchor) is 2,8 seconds.
    the TTK on a LIB with an AP Vanguard is 4 seconds.
    the TTK on a Prowler with a Dalton (hitting the top of the tank) is 10 seconds.
    the TTK on a shielded Vanguard with a Dalton (hitting the top of the tank) is 20 seconds.

Yeah, everything is balanced.
    • Up x 1
  6. Myka

Funny how the VS Saron HRB was over-nerfed due to massive QQ because it knocked the occasional (really stupid) ESF out of the sky - but now it's perfectly acceptable for the Prowler & Vanguard to do it.

Honestly I'm amazed it took this long for someone to post about it. Supporting OP.
  7. HellasVagabond

150mm shells SHOULD one-shot ESFs, unless you want flying TANKS....
    The Lib is a flying tank so it takes 3 shells to be destroyed. The Gal on the other hand takes 5 or more. How is that not balanced ?
  8. Hosp

Tanks can't shoot straight up. But i guess you forgot that.
  9. Tamas

Utter nonsense.

If you get hit by a MBT it's your own fault or you were unlucky.

The only times I die like this (also to HA rockets) is when a hover - purely my fault. It doesn't happen often and if some scrub is buthurt because of his own stupidity then the better.
  10. Kapernum

No they shouldn't. Flying tanks. Lol.

3 shells is mostly 1 or 2 shells due to already received flak damage. It's not balanced because it's too easy to do with the current shell velocity.
  11. Liquid23

meh like most people who know absolutely nothing about balance he just wants to compare a specific stat in a very very narrow view that favors his argument instead of looking at the whole picture
  12. HellasVagabond

Why do i care how damage one has gotten due to flak ? So if my Vanguard is 20% health and a Lightning one-shot destroys it then the Lightning is OP ? What are you talking about ?

Current HEAT shell velocity sucks.....Even AP are slower than the halberd which is a rocket......
    • Up x 1
  13. lilleAllan

I'm a pilot and I support tanks being able to shoot at ESF's.

Honestly, tank shells are the least of our problems.
    • Up x 2
  14. TomaHawk

Really? A 120mm round and all that kinetic energy should impact a plane like a little turbulence does? Would that make you happy? Tank rounds are designed to kill other armored craft. It doesn't make any sense, even in the virtual world, if it slaps you like small arms fire, would it?

If you're in a lib or gal and you get hit by tank rounds, you are flying too slow, too low, or both. If something deserved to be looked at, it's the AA burster fire. Somehow, an infantry sized unit packs crazy ability to shred air, which belongs to tanks (assuming they can land the shot, which is not easy), AA turrets, or Vanguards, not guns attached to some guy's arms.
  15. tbot

the highest BR liquid i found is a lvl 20 ... if that is your experience I know how much weight your opinion has.
  16. FacistFreedomFighter

Everything is balanced BECAUSE killing air with a tank takes mad skill, or luck...
  17. Hosp

He's giving facts, you're giving opinions and say they should be facts.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kociboss

OP, if you think that prowlers are so amazing at shooting down ESFs (hint: They aren't), join TR...You might be dissapointed though. Even with anchor mode on it's not as easy.

What kind of nonsense is this anyways? It's a very rare occurance and props to every tanker who manages to shoot down ESF with his main cannon (especially prowler, since it needs to land 2 shots).

Magrider is fine btw. I have BR 48 vanu alt and I enjoy driving it. My intended purpose isn't, unlike yours, to shoot down aircraft so maybe that's why I'm able to squeeze more fun factor out of it.

Btw, if you're trolling OP, then congratulations, you got me.
  19. tbot

No really? Guess there are no hills to give your tank an angle .... what are we discussing here?
  20. PhiladelphiaCollins

TTK on any air for any tank increases to "******* never"...if the air flies anywhere above the tank.