There is NO reason that NC and TR tanks should be able to shoot aircraft out of the skies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HowCanSheSlap, May 5, 2013.

1. r3bornbs

lol OP you are a terrible pilot if you let yourself get shot by a tank's main gun. you deserve to die over and over until you learn how to fly
  2. tbot

Its just funny to see how tankers argue that its not ok to get poded in the back but its ok to OHK Plains out of the sky.

all hypocrites
  3. Hosp

Why does this thread exist? Why are there more and more people trying to dumb down already common sense issues? Why is it so many Foxtrot-November-Golfs can't realize things as simple as...

- You leave your sundy undefended, it will explode.
    - You walk into a shotgun, you get shot in the face.
    - You cross a road w/o looking, you get run over.
    - You hold still out in the open, you get sniped (by anything).
    - You scream OP then say "Someone skilled/smart shouldn't be able to use ______"
    - You stand in front of a spawn room shield, then come here to complain you should be able to stand in front of an enemy spawn room. (Valid issue, but don't complain about getting shot there if you can avoid getting shot there.)
    - You don't pay attention to your surroundings, anyone will get the jump on you, not just LAs/Infils.
    - You complain about cheaters in the forums w/o submitting detailed reports (via SOE site AND In Game reports).
    - You complain about not having a Test Server, then complain the Test Server isn't useful...so you don't use it.
    - etc etc etc
    - You Hover/fly low & slow/fly in a straight line, in front of ANYTHING, ANYTHING can potentially shoot you down.

This isn't an easy game to get into, but alot of stupidity being exuded from people makes me wonder if they know how to walk and chew gum at the same time...let alone know how to cross a street. :eek:

/rant
    • Up x 2
  4. Hosp

Double posting but...nope. A planes defense is not getting hit in the first place. A tanks is its armor. Hence, it's a true balance issue and there's no hypocrisy involved.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ribero

Listen to this man, for he is wise.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liquid23

well can't a tank just do what an ESF can and afterburn away with it's ability to freely move any dirrection unhindered in a full 3D environment?????

oh wait
    • Up x 1
  7. tbot

How many vehicles in this game can you OHK with an MBT?
    What is the TTK on a LIB when you start shooting it with AP rounds?

What was there about true balance? Even for the Harasser you need 3 in the rear, and thats a damm buggy.
  8. Gary

Taking down a galaxy with 12/12 on your own in a prowler is hilarious... especially since non of them think to get out or the pilot thinks that he better change course.

I also remember the days of the Magrider owning the skies with its low drop projectile... Oh how things change... They will likely change again.
  9. Hosp

10. tbot

you want to have higher agility and speed but no armor and low HP take an ESF
    you want to have thick armor and high HP take a tank

I dont know WTF you are talking about.
  11. Liquid23

your ESF will gain the ability to take 3 AP MBT rounds the day an MBTs can freely move in any direction in a 3d environment...

when you get in a plane, especially an ESF, you are trading armor and durability for maneuverability, speed and freedom of movement... that is called balance young one
    • Up x 1
  12. tbot

As usual, no argument will work here. As thick as the tankers armor is his forehead.
  13. kungflu

Nay. HCSS is right. It is easy to land a shot on an aircraft unless you really suck at aiming. Needless to say, your prowler grind cannons has low cooldown between each shots and barely have any recoil either which helps a lot.
  14. TomaHawk

I didn't think I needed to update this image, but someone always has to prove the bigger whiner than those before him

Pansy. Go play Wizards 101.

[IMG]
  15. r1stormrider

its players that have this attitude that continue to further dumb down our PC gaming scene. they dont adapt and overcome, they dont want to think on what they're doing wrong and then counter it. if you're getting shot down by tanks in an ESF, then shouldnt something click? something like "well i think its time for me to become a better pilot" or "alright if im gonna take on a tank i need to keep moving and strike fast".

then again, its things like that people DONT want to do these days. instead, lets just nerf the tanks so they can continue to play sloppy as hell.better to have the devs intervene on this matter rather than having that drive to improve your game play and grow into a better pilot. that obviously takes too much work.
    • Up x 2
  16. PyroPaul

It's funny to see how pilots seem to think that a 200 resource aircraft should have the same armor of a 250 resource land locked tank.

all idiots.
  17. PyroPaul

only the Flash and ESF are OHK with the MBT.

the TTK on a Lib is 4-6 seconds depending on what gun you're using.
    the TTK on a tank from a lib is 3-5 seconds or lower depending on what facing you're hitting.
  18. colt .45 killer

what this guy said. STOP HOVERING. Well then again actually, if you're in a sythe please hover more; makes it easy to kill you in one pass with my rotary....

Only time I've ever been shot down by a tank was when I was getting sloppy and decided to try and hover to get some easy xp off a vehicle or finish something off.
  19. colt .45 killer

loose at game, proceed to forums to whine about loosing. rinse repeat. Above all never learn or adapt tactics to the battlefield. You must endlessly cry on the forums until there is a win button that causes instant win.

Of course at that point someone may say it needs a buff because they have to press the button...
  20. Liquid23

but if I don't hover real low for long periods of time how am I supposed to spam rockets into doorways to farm infantry kills???????? :eek:
    • Up x 1