There is NO reason that NC and TR tanks should be able to shoot aircraft out of the skies.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HowCanSheSlap, May 5, 2013.

1. tbot

For a magrider :) sorry for the vanus who are left out in this discussion.
  2. Zaik

i hope someone linked that video of the guy in the vanguard shooting down ****tons of terribad ESFs pre velocity buff, i can't find it
  3. PhiladelphiaCollins

ITT: ******** pilots who can't skillpod free kills anymore.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hosp

Now you're arguing against skill again...and I did list this specifically...

Yep, those hill are OP. The tankers might use them to shoot up. :eek:
  5. Liquid23

I don't use my forum name in-game... man you really are trying to grasp at straws here... but then with an argument like you have I guess that's all you got
    • Up x 2
  6. PhiladelphiaCollins

But you're only BR 20 according to him! Obviously his 21d playtime and BR 58 trumps your argument every time! Tanks only get the ability to shoot up at BR 21.

PS. 21 days to get 58 is pretty sad.
  7. anaverageguy

Steps to field and use an ESF:
    spawn,
    line up for attack

for an MBT:
    spawn,
    drive tediously to a location that can prop it up,
    wait patiently while aiming.

I'd say MBTs are fine.
    • Up x 2
  8. SDD

Harassers are more fragile than Lightnings, but they cost the same amount of resources. Harassers are significantly more agile, which is why they are "punished" by dying more easily when they do get hit. They are expected to use their mobility in order to not be hit in the first place.

ESF costs the same amount of a different resource, and is even faster, but is also more frail. Follows the same line of thought though, if you don't have the ability to dodge shots, you will be hurting even more when you do get hit.
    Want to be able to fly, but still take a hit? You need to switch to a slower vehicle like a Liberator or Galaxy.
  9. lilleAllan

Here's a good argument for a tank being able to shell an ESF:
    It's awesome. It makes for awesome game moments shooting down a fighter plane with a tank shell. It's that kind of crazy stuff that makes PS2 so enjoyable at its peaks.

I never get mad when being shot down by a tank, because it's always my own fault.
    Unless, of course it's due to a lag spike in which case the games terrible performance is at fault.
    • Up x 1
  10. PhiladelphiaCollins

All ESF should get their own little bubble of flowers and sunshine that prevents any form of ground damage from affecting them. The only drawback to such a device is that they must return to an ammo depot or air platform periodically to refuel on Unicorn Piss and Happy Thoughts.

Just kidding, stop being terrible pilots.
  11. Kapernum

An aircraft will always take flak. A tank will not always take enemy fire especially if it snipes a bit further back. 2 AP rounds from a Vanguard will kill a Lib in most circumstances. Given the velocity of these shells and the fact that Libs and Gals have horrible acceleration and a low top speed it's not a hard thing to accomplish.

Most good Vanguards use AP rounds. Just because it's so good against tank AND air.
    Way to exaggerate bro. I'd be happy with surviving with just enough hp to put it over the fire threshold. I'm usually against any form of one-shotting except for sniper headshots and Dalton A2A.

Not always. There are plenty of times I've been hit when moving around just within infantry rendering distance. To be honest my biggest gripe is that tank shells doesn't make a more distinctive sound. They drown out in all the flak. You sorta know how much flak damage you take by listening and looking at the health bar every now and then. Then you judge how long you can stay in the fight before you have to retreat. If a tank shell hit you just after you looked at the health bar and you do not retreat immediatly because you didn't hear it you're pretty much ****** by the flak.
  12. Kapernum

I agree, buff flak. Takes skill.
  13. HellasVagabond

I want my vanguard to be all around so i ride with HEAT and with HEAT it takes 3 shots....Which for such an aircraft is ok.
  14. TomaHawk

Ok, but the problem in that last part of the flak, not really the tank round. I agree sounds should be distinctive. 100% agree, in fact. Before the MBT armor bump, Photon Pods were "plink plink"-ing me like small arms fire, not exactly the sound of something that was actually causing my armor to reach zero in 1-2 seconds flat.

I fly quite a bit, after getting bored on the ground these past months. I never had a problem with getting hit by a tank round because I know how hard that is to do. If I hovered long enough, I or any other pilot should expect to get zero'd in by other fire, including tanks. But the AA flak from bursters is pretty stupid, imo. Air needs help from here, but only here, imo.
  15. GhostAvatar

Sorrys, what isn't true? I responded to the OP statement that the Magrider can't even participate, to which I provided video evidence that it can indeed participate. I never said anything about its effectiveness. So the simply fact, whether you like it or not, is what I said is indeed true.

Can you provide any evidence whatsoever that what I have said in my original post isn't true?
  16. Phelan Wolf

You Sir MUST be joking. Look at the Nerf to skyguard tanks...Cutting our top armor is a killer to us! the AA tank can rarely kill a plane..we damage it..they fly off..heal themselves..fly back and Kill the AA tank..THEN...hover about killing infantry one by one..

Just look at all the planes in the air and tell me Tanks should not be able to defend themselves. Tell me that in Real combat this cant be done and Ill give you a lessen in real combat tanks and AA.

If air is that poorly done.....Why do we see 12 to 15 them in the air hovering over all major fight..and the AA tanks all DEAD ?

Ill agree with you on one point...Their are balance issues...but not in favor of armor :)
  17. MilitiaMan

WHAT?!?!?

LMAO!!!

Bro, if you are died to an MBT as a ESF. You are either 2 things.

#1. Bad
    #2. lolpods

Learn to come in at a stepper angle and they won't get you.

Also, do you know how hard it is to hit an ESF with a 150mm shell? Try it sometime, I am not talking the lolpod spammers.

I am talking about them flying away or off in the distance, some are luck but a good majority is skill and how well you know your cannon.

I agree that the Prowler is terrible at taking out ESF but it is good against everything else.
  18. arumizy

So what i get from this thread is.

the creator is a horrible ESF Pilot who hovers and thinks everything on the ground should just be a PodSPam Buffet with no way to defend themselves. I almost exclusivly use a Vanguard when i play, and other then super rare occasions when the stars line up, the time space continuim shifts and god says ok that shot is going to hit that flying, dodging pilot that it ever hits. You hover spammers i eat up but thats your own stupidity.
    • Up x 1
  19. Armchair

Seriously. This isn't some RTS game where some units can attack others with impunity. If you fly your ESF down the barrel of a gun, then that gun will probably hit you.

MBT cannons are hardly the best weapon for hitting aircraft, but they are devastating when they do connect. Fortunately aircraft are small and fast enough to make themselves extremely difficult targets. If they aircraft so chooses, then they can make themselves static targets. That's a pretty stupid thing for them to do, but they're welcome to do it.
  20. Bill Hicks

This sounds like a story of bad pilots who fly straight at tanks