There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Phrygen

tricked out light assault barely reaches 4000..., and no resources are lost if they die (though resources are lost if c4 doesn't work).

and no, at the base level infantry doesn't require certs to kill MBTs. All heavies start with dumbfire rockets. If you are going to state things as "simple facts" then get it right, or change the wording of your "simple fact" statement.
    • Up x 1
  2. Winfield

I do not hate C4 because of their ability to take out tanks instantly. I hate the inability of tanks of seeing these people on radar or something.

No, certing on radar is not an option because you need your ES ability on your tank always. Atleast on my tank.
    • Up x 3
  3. Stargazer86

I never mentioned rockets. I specifically stated that "However, at the -base- level, infantry DOES require certs to be invested to kill tanks with C4".

With C4. And it costs 700 certs to do so.

Please do take the time to actually read the post before attempting witty repartee.
    • Up x 2
  4. Phrygen

I assumed you weren't trying to make a point that was that obvious and meaningless. My fault.
    • Up x 1
  5. Stargazer86

Exactly. The amount of certs spent on an item -is- meaningless.

I'm glad you agree.

With that out of the way, we can now safely say that the amount of certs spent on a tank has absolutely no bearing on whether someone with C4 kills it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Phrygen

i don't even remotely agree with you. Apparently you never heard of proximity radar. Feel free to get the last word by quoting me, cause i'm done:rolleyes:
  7. Stargazer86

Ah, the use of emoticons in an argument. The telltale signal. Very well, you keep to your opinion, and I'll keep to mine, then.
    • Up x 1
  8. Emerald11

When they have changed ist to that? My fully armor certed Harasser died from 2 C4, a stock Harasser from 1, but I have not used my Harasser in the last time.

I think C4 should cost the same as the thing you want destroy. So I have following ideas for ressource and damage tuning.

1. Raise cost for C4 to 150.
    2. Change C4 resistance so, that you need for killing:
    - Flash: 1 C4
    - Lightning, Harasser, ESF: 2 C4
    - MBT, Sunderer, Lib, Galaxy: 3 C4
    3. Change ressource cost::
    - ESF: 300
    - Lib: 450
    - Sunderer and Galaxy: 350, both are burning after 2 C4 and are destoyed 20 sec later, when not repaired.
    - Max Unit: 150 when still killable with 1 C4, or 300 when killable with 2C4
    4. Add a bonus of 50 Infantry ressource per needed C4 brick when things were destroyed with C4, which don't cost ressources. So you should get a bonus of 100 Inf ressources, when you destroy a Phalanx turret with 2 C4 = it took you 200 ressources as it is now.

By the way - my idea for cost change of the air vehicles is not based on the C4 alone. They are spammed to much after the nerv for the Bursters now and be honest, the Skyguard is still no real opponent for them.

Edit: And the air ressource pool is needed for 3 vehicles only, while 5 ground vehicles need the same ressources and the Max unit needs the same ressources as all the useful consumable things like grenades, self healing equipment and mines.
  9. Xae

If your tank dies to C4 it is always your fault.

There is no amount of forumside that will change this.

You weren't playing attention and you died. Instead of crying about it on the forums you should try to do better.

Positioning is as much a part of playing this game as aiming, probably more.
    • Up x 5
  10. BeachHead2

make that eleven.
  11. holycaveman

12, C4 should not be tossed around like a grenade. Its stupid. I use it and its stupid.

Should have a setting timer on it. Or less powerful or preferably both.
    • Up x 2
  12. 8BitArchitect

I think the OP makes use of gross hyperbole here, however, I will say that I don't think C4 is OP, it's imbalanced.

When a lightly armored vehicle takes more bricks of C4 to destroy than an MBT, there is a problem. When you make it harder to pull vehicles that are mediocre or balanced at best, but the tools to destroy them receive no subsequent change (Or they are not toughened to make up for it) there is a problem. We came to Planetside for a combined arms game; If you want to fight against armor, infantry or air (or want one to have blatant superiority over the others in all areas) there are games for that (CoD, WoT, ACES)
    • Up x 3
  13. Stew360

Because of the same reason as eng as mines and repair tools ;) , to survive to MAxs primarly and to MBT farm 2e

thats why

Medics needs c4 more than anyones else , to raise peoples from dead you need to be alive to do so JUst saying
  14. Phrygen

there goes the thread.
    • Up x 1
  15. Stargazer86

What lightly armored vehicle takes more bricks of C4 to destroy than an MBT? The Harasser? Because it doesn't.

Tanks are not mediocre. If they were mediocre, they'd have equal or less kill ratios to infantry, would they not? They'd be doing worse than foot soldiers? As far as I can tell, they still kill infantry perfectly well. For being mediocre, you sure see a ton of them around.

So, how is a single soldier driving a tank killing multiple soldiers not driving a tank perfectly acceptable, but a single soldier not driving a tank killing a single soldier driving a tank isn't?
    • Up x 1
  16. Stew360

Said the guys who have a 31,12 kdr / 6542kills out of 10 000 as a prowler MBT , 74 % playtime as Engineer sell reparing his own tanks ,( formal The enclave Outfits member ( RIP )

yeah for sure , since TE is no more you feel lonely but youll get another outfits ;)

Dont need to try to nerf anything who can stop your MBT soloying
    • Up x 2
  17. Phrygen

i was a member of TE for 3-4 weeks and i never ran OPs with them. Just sayin
  18. Stew360

what tools ? you mean AV rockets ? Rockets in general ? others MBT ? bases turrets maybe ?

Yeah we should ask peoples to pay ressources for each rockets and also for each shot of bases turrets , as well as every single rocket from AV mana turrets and as well as anything that can kills MBT

So basically everytime you resuply your amo it should have a ressources cost atached to it

MBT WAS the problems Not those who was basically tone down a bit the efficiency of the MBT farming

They did BUFF the price of the vehicules to make them LESS SPAMMY

if they do BUFF the price of anything that was killing them before acordingly it will remain the Exact same thing do you realize that ?

I have no problem whats so ever to pull out MBT after MBT after MBT whiout having ressources problems unless i play on esamir whiout any regions and with 70 % + VS populations lol

To reduce the vehicules spam they buff the price of the vehicules C4 was not a problems and its not more of a problems today it remain the same it will kills the same % of vehicules and vehicules spam will no longer been out of controles
  19. Stew360

yeah just create a NC account on matherson and come with me the 2 of us will steam rolls C4 players with my fully upgrade and custumised vanguard dont worry

and you will show me how good of a tanker you are we can also make youtube videos if you want :D

you take a ENG and youll be my gunners
  20. 8BitArchitect

One: Armor is, and should be harder to pull than infantry, for both gameplay, balance, and 'realism' (read 'immersion' reasons)

Two: As armor is harder to pull than infantry, and armor unit certed against infantry should have a higher K/D than infantry (all other things being equal, there are tonnes of corner cases, but let's not be pedantic)

Three: I don't have a problem with a single infantry killing a single armor unit, but it should be very difficult unless the tank is lonewolfing, or has a limited line of sight. (on this note, we really need a longer deploy time and closer range explosive (shaped charge) for dedicated AT purposes, while c4 should become more anti-infantry (faster deploy time, AOE and damage are probably OK against infantry)

As to the MBT/Harasser thing, I may have been mistaken (I almost certainly was), but didn't have the opportunity to test it due to stupid resource/deployables function in VR.