There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jachim

It's simply about balancing armor/air/infantry. Right now, they've said repeatedly that infantry should not have to deal with armor, yet give infantry a hundred toys to destroy armor, and the tankers just have to avoid it all to get anything at all done ever. Tanks have lost their meaning. They're exp piniatas as it stands and these solo-playing LA C4 spammers joining random squads just to use the squad deploy and land near a tank to C4 it are seriously a massive detriment to this game.
  2. smokemaker

"just to use the squad deploy and land near a tank to C4 it are seriously a massive detriment to this game."
    So people using valid tactics to destroy a valid target with intended game mechanics is bad for the game?!?
    LOL
    • Up x 1
  3. Jachim

The intended game mechanic for squad deploy is to... you know, deploy on your squad. :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Kreantris

I don't want to see C4 get a cost increase. I also don't want to see C4 get a big damage nerf. I do think though with the increased resource cost of vehicles that the most heavily armored ones should become a bit more resistant to C4 than they are now.
  5. Jachim

Agreed. I'd settle for tanks getting a cert option like Harassers for C4 damage reduction :) That alone will allow me to chose what threat is the most greatest :) Reduce C4 cost then, allowing it to be used more often in OTHER situations, or in tandem with squad mates.
  6. JudgeDeath

You as a vehicle ... let an infantry guy sneak on you ... and its the infantry guy being op.
    There is a reason why tank charges arent as effective without infantry.

If this is you, blame yourself not the C4:
    [IMG]
  7. dough

Do you even play this game? I drive lightnings almost exclusively (when I drive.. I play infantry a lot also).. which are much less durable than the full MBTs.. and I don't die to C4 (although I've killed my share of C4 LAs). Just two days ago I killed a ton of infantry with my Lightning. I do NOT feel like a pinata.. I DO feel fairly powerful against normal infantry. SMART infantry do kill me (I got caught in an ambush by an engy with an AV turret and a couple HA rocket dudes). Do I think they need to nerf AV turrets or HA? NO.. it was me not paying attention and staying in the area too long.. I could make the same argument about getting killed by 3 reavers on a road when I was alone.. but again.. it is a risk I accepted by solo traveling through enemy territory in a lightning.. nerf NOT needed. Seeing a pattern here?

Its called responsibility, in this game there are certain things that devolve back to: its on YOUR back to deal with stuff. If what you said was even remotely true then all the other 12 year olds playing this game would refuse to drive tanks because C4 was so overpowered.. but guess what.. I SEE LOTS OF TANKS BEING DRIVEN.

On " they've said repeatedly that infantry should not have to deal with armor".. you'll have to point to where the devs have said that.. I don't remember seeing that in any notes. I certainly don't think that is the position of the SOE on this game. And if you can't point it out, then it ain't true.

If you want to keep smacking your head into the wall you are at... feel free.. but don't expect much agreement from me.. I'm just not seeing it.
  8. dough

Exactly.. its mystifying to me. The reaction is emotional, not rational. I play the same game and tanks feel more than fine to me. Mines, C4, rocket HA.. yes.. they are dangerous to deal with in a tank.. but my main gun kills infantry just fine. Even the default gun on the lightning, pop-gun that it is, kills infantry fine.
    • Up x 1
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

as a tanker i hardly get killed by c4. dont know what everyones issue is about it

nevertheless, i grow more and more tired of harassers. they are simply too strong in their current state. either remove the ability to repair on the go, make its armor weaker or remove the empire-specific weapons from it
  10. Endlos

If the damage is all processed in one instant, that's a one-hit kill.
    That would be like a sniper saying headshots aren't one-hit-kills because the sniper has to ADS and then press the breath-hold key before he 100%s someone's face.
    Herp-a-derp.
  11. Phrygen

nice necro...
  12. WookLordz

Your analogy might make sense if a sniper had to walk up and touch his target....