There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Macchus

but then they would have to remove or rework Heavy assaults... no i think just name them assault will work better . we do not need a new class that is actually 2 other classes we already have ...
  2. Macchus

i think it is less concern and more like Medic ... c4 ... :confused:o_O
  3. Xae

People have been doing this for a while now.

It is the worst kept secret in Planetside. Get 5-10 guys from your outfit to all post whining threads and post in each others thread.

Next GU it will be nerfed.
  4. FaLI3N

Derp
  5. Gadamlu

so why cant us infiltrators carry it :'(
  6. Ganelon

Because you're pansies, go back to playing with anti-personnel mines while the big boys solve the problem with big guns and explosions.
    • Up x 1
  7. deggy

I wouldn't say I'm a C4 hater, but I think MBTs should have more health than Sunderers now that they're more expensive. And Sunderers can take two bricks of C4 and only go critical.
    • Up x 6
  8. Jachim

Sorry C4-*****, your days are numbered no matter how much you try to downplay it. :)
    • Up x 3
  9. FateJH

You'll have to s p a c e that censored word for me. I can't guess it.
  10. KlyptoK

Yeah but it's unnecessary.

They don't need to be the universal soldier. They can already heal themselves making them extremely effective at infantry combat and double as necromancer lords raising armies from the dead.

If there is a tank, sunderer, or a max that needs to be dealt with they can switch class or rely on their teammates.
    • Up x 1
  11. Liberty

C4 Should be exclusive to engineers rather than every class out there (except infils)

It needs to stop being treated like a Frisbee explosive you just lob out and detonate.
    The bug where infantry who drop pod in spawn invisible for a time to drop mines/c4 needs to be fixed.

There NEEDS to be a cert line similar to mineguard for all vehicles that makes C4 just as obsolete as tank mines at the top end of the spectrum.

Also add me to the list of 10 people who want C4 fixed even though they have it certed on every class I believe.
    • Up x 2
  12. lolitank

C4 OP so make that 11 i guess
    • Up x 2
  13. Stargazer86

You can do whatever the heck you want to C4.

Provided you require tanks to have a separate driver and main gunner to operate properly. Then, and only then, would I have an issue with 2 sticks of C4 being able to kill a single tank.

As it stands, it's 1 person that spent 700 certs and 200 resources who's squishy and vulnerable killing another 1 person that spent 0 certs and 450 resources who's in an armored vehicle and has likely already killed a dozen more people than the infantryman has.

Sounds pretty fair to me.
    • Up x 4
  14. lolitank

i spent 4k certs on my tank and 450 resources on my tank so yeah
  15. Elrobochanco

People can't understand that perhaps the increased cost of tanks without an increase in cost of C4 (the most expensive consumable) was meant to make tanks more precious to take care of.

Drop podded infantry can be killed before they even leave the pod, so not seeing the person isn't an excuse. If you see the pod you know somebody is there, and could have shot the pod as it fell.

C4 is not 100% accurate, the comparison to it needing to cost more like tanks do is ludicrous, it's like saying a tank should cost more everytime you pull it based on all the shots you missed while it was alive. Because that is the exact situation C4 is in.

There is nothing wrong with C4, but there is a lot wrong with entitled babies who don't look both ways before driving through a warzone.

Harassers are a whole other ball of wax...that need like half their current HP. No use to the lightning at all now.
    • Up x 2
  16. Phrygen

as opoposed to one person who spent 13,000 certs (me) and 450 resources? Where are you getting this 0 certs thing from? You think all MBTs are stock without points in them?

and you think c4 doesn't work on lightnings? Or that it makes sense that a harasser buggy survives two c4 and a battle tank doesn't?
    • Up x 4
  17. Macchus

your argument is flawed ... your assuming that everyone who drives a tank has put 0 certs into tanks ... klypto has 33k certs in tanks ...

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  18. Stargazer86

Because a tank is fully capable of killing infantry without spending a single cert. For infantry to kill a tank with C4, they have to spend 700.

And if you're counting -all- the certs you spent on your tank, then you have to fairly count -all- the certs infantry spend on their class as well. You tricked out your tank. They tricked out their Light Assault. Still seems fair to me.

Then that sounds more like issues involving the Lightning and Harasser themselves rather than C4. And I'm pretty dubious to the claim that a Harasser survives 2 C4 in the first place. I see no issue with both dying to two sticks, either.
    • Up x 2
  19. Stargazer86

And you assume someone with C4 hasn't spent a ton of certs on their class?

So, by your logic, Klypto in his tricked out tank killing a completely uncerted infantryman is utterly unfair? No, of course it isn't. And in the same vein, a tricked out infantryman killing an uncerted tank isn't unfair either. Neither is it unfair when they both have equal certs invested.

However, at the -base- level, infantry DOES require certs to be invested to kill tanks with C4, whereas tanks don't require certs to be invested to kill infantry. That's the simple fact.
    • Up x 1
  20. lolitank

uh no i started certing my tank with infantry certs up till rank 30

then i was thinking my tank will be ok now nope i was wrong i can win 1v1 in tank battles but if i can't hear a guy flying over me i'm done