The PS2 Camo Preview Project

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HLM, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Nofreenames

great work so far, you did say you were going for vehicals to at some point right?
    really thinking about buying a sc card and msging you its number to help you out!

keep up the good work
  2. {joer

Needs a sticky. Great work!
  3. HLM

That would be amazing if someone did that!

I started taking some vehicle camo screenshots yesterday. So far I have the following for all vehicles:
    - Alpha Squad
    - African Forest
    - Desert Scrub V2

The problem with the way I am doing it now (making new accounts, getting the 170 free Station Cash) is I need 3 accounts per camo in order to get all 7 vehicles. I "only" needed 2 accounts per camo for the classes.
    What I might start doing is just getting the first 3 vehicles (Flash, Sunderer, Lightning) done first for each camo and then go back and finish the others after. At least that way I have at least something for each camo realatively quickly.

Oh and of course I have to actually re-write the code and redesign the layout of the website to acommodate the vehicles.. but that shouldn't be too hard at all.

In the mean time, if anyone is going to submit vehicle screenshots, this is how I'd like them to look:

[IMG]

Easiest to line them up using the Prowler (look at the treads and the Certifications / Loadout headings) but can be done with the Lightning too.

Naming system is a lot simpler this time around:
    (faction)_(camo)_(vehicle)

Example:
    tr_african_forest_pr

Vehicle names:
    Flash: fl
    Sunderer: su
    Lightning: li
    Prowler: pr
    Magrider: ma
    Vanguard: va
    Mosquito: mo
    Scythe: sc
    Reaver: re
    Liberator: lb
    Galaxy: ga
  4. Nocturnal7x

5. HLM

Also, how annoying is this? There was a 15% sale on all vehicle gear yesterday (I knew there would be at some point) so I thought what a great opportunity to get some camo and more screenshots. "I'll make the temp accounts and get the screenshots so I can decide on which camos to buy for myself" I thought. So I made a few accounts and got the first batch of screenshots and then.. the sale ends! The clock had struck midnight in San Deigo aparently.

Should have checked what time it was before starting, I guess..
  6. bPostal

You Sir, are ******* awesome!
  7. OddballE8

Bump!

I could have used this before i spent a gazillion on camos that looked like crap on my infantry :/
  8. HLM

I'm sure we all could have.. but if you are yet to buy any camos for your vehicles - hold your horses! Soon you will be able to preview those too.
  9. NaoShareen

BUMP! And request this be STICKIED!

I'm wondering if the Single-Use Camo was intended to fill this role? Purchase one to try it out and see if you like the Camo.
  10. HLM

Probably. It's also cheaper to buy 6x single-use camos (1 for each class) than it is to spend 500 on an infinie-use one. The obvious downside is that with 3 loadout slots, you're only ever going to have a maximum of 3 camos available to you at once for any class/vehicle.
  11. RedNoak

bump for the gloryhole!
  12. nst6563

wish this was out before I bought my camo....damn fine work sir
  13. Koadster

This is amazing! Thankyou.

Once again its Community work that fills in the gaps that SOE cause.
  14. JonConnor

Good idea but the camos do not look the same in the preview/config screen and "in game." The colors are quite different. The only way to see your camos in game is to use two computers or you can get on a flash and go into third person view (you can only see the back though).
  15. HLM

Well it's a bit late telling me that now.. Besides, this is as good as we're going to get, and I don't think there's much of a difference between in-game and what you see on the preview. You get an idea of what it looks like anyway.

Vehicle previews have been delayed a bit, but I should hopefully have something ready later today.

Basically I've wasted days on trying to get a feature working in Internet Explorer (any web developer can tell you what a nightmare this can be. People - stop using IE!) If you try to select a camo that is unavailabe for your faction:

What users of Firefox, Chrome, and every other sensible browser see:

[IMG]

What Internet Explorer users see:

Nothing. The camo buttons aren't even clickable.
    They are still greyed out, but nothing will happen if you try to click them. I cannot fix this, I have wasted enough time trying.
  16. JonConnor

I don't know about the other factions but for VS it is a pretty huge difference. Many camos look quite luminous and useless (for hiding) on the previews but work much better in game.

Any VS player can try the flash trick to see the difference and you can also get a quick look at your arm by knifing. The differences are obvious. Maybe not so much on the vanity camos like Alpha Squad or camo being used as outfit uniforms but, for camo actually intended to blend in with the environment, do not trust the previews at all.
  17. HLM

UPDATE!

Vehicle preview now added!
    So far I only have a very smal number of camos available, so keep those screenhots coming!

[IMG]

CLICK THIS LINK TO GO THERE NOW!

CURRENT STATUS:

VEHICLES
    -Added first vehicle camos:

VS:
    - Alpha Squad

NC:
    - Alpha Squad
    - African Forest (Thanks to K1E5ER)
    - Northern Forest (Thanks to K1E5ER)
    - Sandy Scrub (Thanks to K1E5ER)

TR:
    - African Forest
    - Alpha Squad
    - Desert Scrub V2

[IMG]

CLASSES
    VS:
    - Urban Forest (engineer) (Thanks to nst6563)

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. PoopMaster

wtb your signature as an ingame character
  19. RedNoak

keep going!

and add more NC stuff! :p
  20. Phukkitt

I seem to have found an error. In my quest for a screenshot of an NC Infiltrator with Composite Armor, I found in the status list that it should be available to preview with African Forest camo, but when I select those two it just tells me that there is currently no preview for that combination, and points me to http://www.heavysden.com/ps2/status.png for a list of available combinations, the very same list that says that combination should be valid...

So are there really any screens of NC Inf with AC or is it just a mistake in the list?