The PS2 Camo Preview Project

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HLM, Dec 4, 2012.

1. HLM

Vehicles will definitely be added - just at the moment I don't have enough screenshots to make it worthwhile.
  2. Big Cyz

Needs moar NC
  3. Faithwolf

I can help with a **** ton of NC bits.

skull helms for everything and composite helms. composite armor too. and around 8 different camos. will get to work on it tomorrow! :)
  4. UzumakiW

This is awesome and very helpful.
  5. Kiekeboe

Everyone should help this person out. We ALL want this to be complete :)
  6. Vargs

You can get a lot of these screenshots somewhat easily by creating new planetside accounts, getting 170 free SC on them by logging into those two websites, and buying 3 50SC single use camos per account. Works for infantry and vehicles. The only issue is that these new accounts obviously won't have composite armor or anything.
  7. HLM

..Why did I never think of this?
    I now know what I am going spend my weekend doing!

But damn, that's going to be a lot of accounts. Wouldn't you need a unique email for every account as well?

If I can get 3 classes done with each account per camo.. that's 2 x 21 camos not including defualt and alpha squad = 42 just for one empire, x 3 empires = 126 accounts! I would need less since I've already completed a number of camos, but still...
  8. Sharmanti

STICKY. NOW.
    • Up x 1
  9. TehGrimZa

Dude, awesome idea. Hope they take your idea and make it happen.
  10. BobJohnson

Very nice. I look forward to seeing more.
  11. Vargs

You don't need to make a new unique email account for every one of them. There's no verification so you can just type in whatever you want.
  12. Azarga

This thing is awsum.
  13. Freyar

It's a whole lot of work, you know. ><
  14. Sobieski14

How long did it take you to start this?
    * Still amazed that SOE has done nothing for camo previews.
    * I'd expect a preview if I am paying 5 dollars per skin.
  15. TormDK

HLM - I'll see if I can't get some screenshots on my NC soldier as I have :

Composite armour+helm+the new helmets for all NC classes
    Four different weapon+armour camo's (Jungle, frozen tundra, Alpha Squad and Dirt v2 I believe they are called, will check when servers are up)
  16. Sobieski14

Well he is atm beating SOE in terms of camo previews.
  17. Slyguy65

Neat, i like people who do this stuff i used to play WoW and loved sites that would preview gear stats and what not...this is similar so i love it
  18. HLM

437 images so far and still counting...

It does take a long time to prepare each screenshot to ensure the position of the character is close to the same in every single one, but then taking all the screenshots and naming them correctly takes just as long - though I have made some keyboard macros to help with this.

Also, I don't know what's up with these forums and only being able to edit posts for a short while.
    I wish I could go and edit the original post with the latest information - or at least update that screenshot with a newer one. The project looks completely different and much better now, and that old screenshot could give a bad impression!

If any moderators are looking: http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2637/ps2camopreviewproject.jpg
  19. SongOfDiscord

I can give you all Vanu infantry Pine Forest Cammo, but I would like some details for sizing/submitting the stuff.

You said you wanted .jpg That's fine.
    What dimensions do you want?
    Do you want the entire screen sent to you so you can crop it, or do you want it cropped before it is sent?

HOW do I send it to you. I see a conversation start button, but no PM or anything like that.
  20. Sobieski14

Bro, I'll provide you some more screen-shoots for the TR.
    * I'll send you a pm.

*Camos
    - Sandy Scrub
    - Jungle Forest