The PS2 Camo Preview Project

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HLM, Dec 4, 2012.

1. HLM

UPDATE!

With today's patch, almost 5 months to the day after release, SOE finally added in-game preview for camo and armour.

Hopefully this project has been useful for at least a few people. It was a fun project for myself in any case. Thanks to those who helped the project by providing me screenshots, and for the feedback I've had over the last couple of months.

My work here is done.
    • Up x 6
  2. Torok

thanks for the great effort! :)
  3. Flukeman62

dude don't stop! your site is the only one we can view the affect of camo along side cosmetics. such as composite armor.
    • Up x 1
  4. HLM

This had crossed my mind, but I don't think there are enough people showing interest for me to carry on.
    There is also the issue of acquiring more camos.

You see the way that I got the current camos is by creating new accounts and claiming the 170 (1 think) free Station Cash which I would then spend on the 50SC single use camos. This meant 2 accounts needed per camo, which meant a whole load of accounts needed. Also this means that with just 170SC to use, I am not able to afford even the cheapest helmet or armour upgrade and camo to go with it. Especially now that single use camos are no longer available.

Another thing is at some point during the project, SOE implemented some means of flood protection on their website, whereby I could only create two accounts per day before getting locked out (which i got around - but still a huge hassle)

So basically, the only way for me to continue the project would be for me to spend lots of money on Station Cash in order to buy every single available camo and armour upgrade for every class, for every empire. I don't think I'll be doing that at this point.
  5. HLM

UPDATE!

Well I only went and bought the Dreadnought and Retracted Predator helmets for TR - so what does that mean? Posing, screenshotting and naming 800 files! Yes that's right - 400 screenshots per helmet. Don't say I never did anything for anyone..

TR Infantry:
    Dreadnought Helmet with/without Composite Armour:
    - Alpha Squad
    - Arid Forest
    - California Scrub
    - Desert Scrub V2
    - Forest Greyscale
    - Jungle Forest
    - Loyal Soldier
    - Rocky Tundra
    - Woodland

Retracted Predator Helmet with/without Composite Armour:
    - Alpha Squad
    - Arid Forest
    - California Scrub
    - Desert Scrub V2
    - Forest Greyscale
    - Jungle Forest
    - Loyal Soldier
    - Rocky Tundra
    - Woodland

Thanks to the loadout screen changes in one of the past updates, all these new screenshots are off alignment and have some part of the interface visible at the bottom, but I'm just going to have to live with that. It's either that or re-take these and every single screenshot made previously (3,132 to be exact) which I won't be doing any time soon..
    • Up x 2
  6. bodmans

how's the vehicle camo's doing? i can contribute 3 for vanu
  7. HLM

No need, the project is now officially over. There is no need for it any more.

You are now able to go into VR training and apply any camo to any class and any vehicle and even decals, helmets, trims etc and see them not only on the preview but in the world as well (in the case of vehicles). Try it out!