The Only Sound I Hear Fighting the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Czuuk

This is what I hear from most mossies...

2. Pikachu

That was in the good old days when a man could spend all his time at a single spot during a siege. The certs would just roll in. The young lads who joins the army these days will never know what that was like.

There should be phoenix weekends now and then where their have their infantry damage restored to normal. :D
  3. Van Dax

Oh god just make it stop just let me leave TI alloys in peace-whiiiiiiiissssstlee-oh god you got craig oh god oh god I need more batteries oh god make it stop.
    -the weekends after this change
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

Is that how you terrans and vanu used to think?
  5. Van Dax

well I distinctly remember trying to take TI alloys a couple days after they released the ESRLs, NC had about two squads of guys in the spawn room alone firing phoenixes at us as we approached, we were basically stuck at the bottom of the hill but they wouldnt blow the sundy so the newbs would just respawn and charge again. I was playing it smart and never actually got killed but the siege went on for about an hour and a half, NC guys in the /yell chat spamming taunts.
  6. UnholyForager

As a sniper, whistling is the sound of a free lunch. Most HA I see using the phoenix aren't smart enough to use their cover properly, if at all.

On a side note, if NC freedom means sitting behind a rock or spawn room spamming TV rockets all day, I'll take TR oppression and retain the use of my legs ;).
  7. hostilechild

Here's one for you. The other night, we were defending Yaeger's crossing from TR and VS. The sky was filled with glowing balls and the whistling never stopped. It was glorious, not a single tank, or sunderer got within 300m of the facility. This left the foot zerg easy prey to tanks and infantry, while the Phoenix bands pushed out. Finally Pushed on to jaegers fist and setup camp on the ridge NW taking them out as they spawned from the biolab as TR tried to rush back in. Mass amounts of MAX took care of the air threat. I think the fight in the 2 areas lasted over an hour, the VS as usual gave up rather quickly but the TR took it like a pro.

The one thing i like the best about the phoenix is killing those dam AV turret using engineers sitting on their precipice thinking they own the area or the sniper that thinks he is going to 1 shot me (nano5), press E, hit medkit, hide snipe sniper :p The phoenix is too much fun when used proper.
  8. zergsurfer

Flank them how Rambo man? Maybe a few lucky times but they are surrounded by guys with guns AND can use armor effectively, you make it sound so easy but it's not. Sure we have strikers now but any good tank driver or pilot can just pop behind cover or use smoke to avoid them. Another problem is I can't see the Phoenix rockets - if I could I could shoot them out of the sky maybe.

I swear all this inane comments about the Phoenix are from guys who either never played against it in a large important battle or are afraid it will be nerfed after SOE took their money with a wonder weapon which is obviously what this is about. I just think they should have given it to all factions.

I have seen more then a few occasions when in the attempt to make each side have specialized weaponry in a FPS game - one of them is a bit OP and gets abused. Great games like BF3 don't attempt this, all guns available to everyone and the vehicles and loadouts are all pretty much the same. They know I probably won't quit playing PS2 cause it's such an incredible game but I'll never give them another dime EVER. Unless I can get a phoenix lol or maybe a hacksaw...

Also
    The NC on your server must in complete COD mode, not so on Connery with the 666 and Hostile Takeover - very strong outfits. Our outfits seem somewhat demoralized honestly and spent most of their time complaining as I said before.

This is what happens in the real world man.... pull tank see enemy tank shoot it maybe kill it but by then you are spotted and start to hear the buzzing sound of death. Try to run behind cover and repair... no chance they follow you. Only option is to try and circle back around and not be seen but this is also called RETREATING and is all I seem to do in open battles with NC. Their armor keeps moving up, you can try to use a mana turret maybe get a kill or too but then a sniper or most likely Phoenix (I was OHK'd twice last night by one while on a mana) gets you. Maybe try to stop the armor advance with a Striker but see comment above. Maybe air... LOL right with burster maxes so strong and impervious to damage plus they always have a few Skyguards lurking around.

The Phoenix is the catalyst that causes the downfall of my team night after night. Not in all situations but most important battles with even pop against NC it is what kills off our sunderers and armor and ends any offensive. Just try and fight the Vanu I guess...
  9. Anantidaephobia

No one should be able to kill foes in an FPS with 0% risk of dying, period.
  10. Pikachu

Snipers are the phoenix users worst enemy. I often end up hearing a loud klink sound and die after I have fired a few blue glowing birds. A few times an infiltrator with smg has sneaked up on me.
  11. MasterTater

Oh ok you try to state an exception as the rule which makes you look more dump than it is a valid statement. Vanu have and always were the lowest population faction on the majority of servers and I bet even for Yeager you pulled it out of your azz that VS was overpopulated pre GU2. Maybe I check on it later on but rather not.

AND about the prowler - the nerf came because also NC and VS where complaining about it and most DEVs and Decision makers at SOE play NC themselfes. Ever wondered why NC got completely overbuffed since the release of the game and hardly never had a nerf incoming without nerfing the other factions too in the same category to keep the imbalance remaining?
  12. vrcarnage

It's quite easy to flank lines. Most hit squads are on ridges and it is super easy to get in there w/ LA or infil and rip them a new ****.
    Not to mention gal drops on there location (high alt) w/ suicide eng / la.

The biggest problem is when you have people that refuse to get out of the vehicle or do something about it. Big sh 1t so someone dies its not like death is worth anything in this game. If you poke enough @ a fortified location you will find the hole.

I play vs primarily and in numbers the lancer is a mean pos but, pretty much any weapon in the game is op in large numbers if someone does not step up and take the nest out.

No different then when I fly my esf and they have 10 maxes camping the location. I will come from crazy angles sometimes I win sometimes I lose but, if i get shot down I go in w/ infil and start picking of ground forces w/ an smg / proxy / frags or I just help the advance.

Either way I don't come in here and cry about things being super op. I do good w/ all vehicles and all classes. I am far from pro but, I can hold my own but, I will not come up on the forum and cry like a girl about this op stuff. I just figure ways around it.