The Only Sound I Hear Fighting the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. FateJH

Whistling.

Just whistling.

Constant whistling, rushing all around you from the enemy spawn.

From Red Ridge, to Scarred Mesa, to the West gate of Tawrich, Crossroads, Xenotech, Regent Rock, and everywhere else; the sound is unwavering up to the moment the base flips (if it actually ever does).
    • Up x 4
  2. PS2Freak

i love this sound.

and now - praise the vanu and pass the batteries, soldier!

what we dont need on battlefield are people looking for meditation in the war ;)

and also we dont need overdramatization...

but in whole - cool story, mate
  3. McJackson

That's the Sound of Freedom, babyyy!
    • Up x 10
  4. St0mpy

yep, it would be really cool if it didnt instantly give me the image of some coward hiding in a corner I cant see, firing off overpowered TV guided missiles that will end my ESF in one, down a tank in 2, kill infantry if they have a sliver of health gone and find all the sunderers within about 450m of a base and not even be able to see the ******* whos firing it, never mind kill him.

Now its just a reminder ive strayed to the wrong side of the map again and go back to fight the VS, NC can play with their OP toys on someone else.
    • Up x 5
  5. Razzyman

It's OK FateJH, many people cling to the bonds that tie them down when first faced with freedom. You've been brainwashed into believing that the bars of your societal cage are there to keep you safe, but they're not. They are holding you back, choking the very spirit from your existence. So many have cast off the oppression of the Terrain "Republic" and the "advanced" ideas of the Vanu Sovereignty's fanaticism, come with us, reach out and take freedom for yourself like many before you have and so many more are destined to. Together we can bring freedom, and prosperity to Auraxis!
  6. FlayvorOfEvil

You get paid more in the NC, just don't expect compensation for overtime.
    • Up x 1
  7. Backf1re

The only thing that differentiates the three factions and your complaining about it?
    • Up x 2
  8. Copasetic

Brings me right back to Planetside 1 tbh. Hordes of NC camped behind trees and rocks for hours, firing Phoenix rockets at infantry but never actually advancing.
    • Up x 1
  9. Starlocke

They're whistling dixie, it's a common tune among the NC.
    I wish I was in the land of cotton,
    Old times they are not forgotten;
    Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land.
    • Up x 3
  10. notyourbuddy

New NC MAX AV weapons whistle as well. Fear the whistle.

• Up x 1
  11. Patrician

Phoenix will not "end your ESF in one", will only "down a tank in 2" if the driver parks up and has a picnic, and will never "find all the Sunderers within 450m of a base". Maybe would "kill infantry if they have a sliver of health gone" but then so does my EM6 and much more efficiently.

I know you're only exaggerating for effect but there are numerous CoD kiddies on these forums that love to start crying "nerf" who will read your post and believe it to be true. So please act responsibly and try to make factual posts to reduce amount of typing the CoD kiddies have to do and, therefore, reduce the RSI they'll be subject to in later years. :)
    • Up x 4
  12. Patrician

Nor managing to kill anything either.
  13. St0mpy

sorry ive snipped the rest of your insulting bs, if you have a point to make just make it ... now, the reason why nothing was relevant after where ive snipped was because it DOES end them in one, go to VR and fire 1 missile at any ESF, it goes boom within about, um, 2 seconds, how can you say it doesnt? well, other than you simply didnt know.
    • Up x 2
  14. Patrician

Having just tested against full health Mossie, Reaver and Scythe and not one went "boom" with one Phoenix hit. All, without exception, took two hits. But once again, these were full health ESF's.
    • Up x 1
  15. Aegie

"sitting on the dock of the bay
    watching the tide roll away-
    sitting on the dock of the bay
    wasting time"
    • Up x 1
  16. KAHR-Alpha

I've been one-hit by phoenixes in my mosquito, there's always been something weird going on with the VR.
    • Up x 1
  17. Flashtirade

Speaking from combat experience here, the Phoenix does indeed one-shot ESFs. VR's a bit glitchy, so it's not the best metric for these kind of tests.

And to respond to OP:
    You want to know what it sounds like when I fly in TR territory?
    Hint: it's accompanied by the sound of me spamming F on my keyboard hoping 40 seconds passed since the last time

Oddly enough, I don't see the Lancer very often. The last time I even saw it shot at me was weeks ago.
    • Up x 3
  18. ARCStormtrooper

As an avid Phoenix user, I can state without a shadow of a doubt, that the Phoenix OHK ESFs. I do it all the time. And it should stay that way.
    • Up x 2
  19. CII0P

If you're getting hit by a Phoenix in your ESF you're doing something wrong to begin with. Those things fly slow, can be outrun by any ESF and have a tiny range. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments where they shine, but so do the new TR and VS launchers.

Also, none of my phoenixes have ever taken down an enemy tank in 2 shots. I'd say it's closer to 3 or 4... if lucky and the driver doesn't repair.
    • Up x 4
  20. Serval

The phoenix will be a lot less annoying if they ever fix projectile rendering so you can actually see them coming and/or shoot them down, which is meant to be their counter.
    • Up x 3