The Only Sound I Hear Fighting the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Jonesing25

Okay so, all in all, the phenoix is, on one extreme end, a game breaking weapon that can be used without line of sight of the enemy.
    On the other end of this spectrum, it is the most annoying weapon to be killed by because you don't have a line of sight of your target and any cover doesn't matter because it just steers around. When my tank blows up unexpectedly, I guess either C4 or phoenix. 90% of the time it's one of those 2.
  2. XRIST0

That sound makes me laugh .. i hate the phoenix and everybody who uses it :rolleyes:
  3. MasterTater

LOL - a hypocrit fake statement to name an advantage VS was given but does actually NOT exist.

1. Bulletdrop does not exist in 90% of firefights and would only be the case when the enemy actually HAS bulletdrop - which is only the case in longrange fights
    2. Vanu have in most comparable weapon equivalent the highest first shot recoil which is the ACUTAL reason why its hard to hit long range => no bullet drop plays no role 90% of cases and in those 10% cases its not relevent due to recoil
    3. While Vanu received an infantry perk which is completely useless as negated by other variable (no drop vs highest recoil on first shots)
    4. NC received +30% weapon dmg on all weapons compared to other factions, have the best and most indepth weapon cert options to completely remove any gameplay complicating influences like spread, drop, etc with a 100-300 certs points per weapon while still maintaining the highest dmg of all weapons
    5. TR have the highest managzin sizes and highest RoF ON MOST weapons
    So we are ACTUALLY talking about the easy mode faction being NC which can completely remove complicating variables in gameplay on infantry weapons and have the highest dmg of all factions giving them a completely unjustified advantage compared to VS.
    And I did not even mention the empire specific weapons and gear which are completely benefitting NC due to overpowered and unbalanced design.

Additionally the more people are joining NC the more imbalanced it will get - for 2 reasons: I. SOE would never risk to enrage the faction with the highest population= majority of players II. They will offer the most overpowered weapon to the faction with the most potentially paying customers to make the most money.

BUT hey - continue with lies, deceipt, ignorance and useless fact free statements to avoid that balance is introduced to the game and we will soon have server pops of 60% + on NC side while the other Factions go and therefore the whole game concept goes down the road.
    • Up x 1
  4. COMMANDER K33N

I was clearly referring to the sound produced during the manufacture of wine.

I blame my tablet, it never lets me type what I actually want to type ;_;
  5. Nobalification

sound of terrorists and mercenaries :D
    • Up x 1
  6. Van Dax

phoenix is fine guys move on. It wasn't before but now it is.
  7. SinerAthin

You would be surprised at how addictive firing those Phoenix rockets can be.

I remember the day I decided to trial it just for fun.
    Before I even knew what had happened, I was in the Spawn Room, sitting on an ammo pack, and guiding missiles towards the enemy until the trial expired :eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. ARCStormtrooper

We can't advance anymore when we are warpgating you. ;)
  9. Halcyon

All the tears in this thread are delicious!

But I think I know what the problem is.
    All the complainers in here seem to suffer from a very common illness.

Whambuwhinosis or "Whino" for short.

Symptoms include excessive weeping, self-induced misery from phantom imbalance, and soreness of the hands from constantly punching things in rage fits.
    Usually these symptoms can occur at random and can last for minutes, several hours, or in some cases days.

The cure? No medication necessary. Go to any drug store and purchase anti-tear paper, more commonly referred to as tissues.

For the VS, we have
    [IMG]

And TR don't worry. This was chosen especially for you to show the NC's love
    [IMG]

Get well soon guys.
  10. jm20

11. Rhapsody

i beat you to that =P
  12. MasonSTL

First of where did the percentage of 90% come from?? I would like to see that it is an actual fact the came form some other place than your a$$. A fact that you are missing is the recoil recovery rate, while you may also need to fire single shots at rang you can do it much faster than we can. Another fact you are missing is the amount of left and right recoil, NC weapons bounce side to side much more that VS.

As for SOE not risking to enrage the highest pop faction, remember the Mag Rider nerf? yup at that time VS had the highest pop on the Jeager server at the time, granted that hasn't recovered since. AAAAND remember the prowler HE nerf not to long ago? YUUUP! TR held the highest pop then as well!

Most over powered faction specific weapons? Really? hmm didn't know that the Jackhammer and the Reaver where so dominant on the battlefield.
  13. MasonSTL

14. FateJH

Well, this thread was mostly a waste. I was hoping for interesting stories of mass Phoenix assaults, surviving or succumbing to them. I should have been much more direct with the request.
  15. MasterTater

AND again bullsheiting. VS was never the most populated faction on 90% of servers - they were always the underdog faction with lesser players on most servers - so dont state out of your limited perception and reality.

90% comes from experience - mine and that of 500 other outfit members.

AND

NC can compensate ALL shortcoming of their weapons with massive Cert upgrade options on almost every of their weapons which exceed every other factions equivalent.

So stop trash talking.
  16. Redemer

I have NO idea where u have gotten these numbers since if u have ever looked the total ppl inloged from each faction there will be about 30% from each faction I have never seen one faction have more then 50% so **** and learn 2 read indtead of whiening about NC being op and for dmg vs rpm if u do the math it usually ends up very close 2 eachother

and for your information terrand maybe have less dmg on 30 round then an Nc has but the TR guy will have 40 rounds in his mag while the NC has 30 + the TR has a higher RPM then the NC while the NC generaly has faster reload since the usually has the smallest mags if u no belive check out the smg 25 cyclone.... and thanks for wasting a few minutes of my life on this stupid wanna be smart comment which was mostly just BS 2 begin with and also made me lose what little respect I had for u 2 begin with
  17. zergsurfer

This weapon has single handedly destroyed the balance in this game my friend maybe you should try pulling armor or a sundy on the TR and keep it alive while impossible to kill HA's pick them apart with invisible missiles that can go around corners while you desperately try to repair. Now the TR doesn't even pull armor anymore just COD's it till death and I just sit back, snipe and feel ripped off by what was once the greatest game ever.

Maybe the damage isn't as bad as they claim but EVERYONE on NC uses them to spam the crap out of us, forcing us to park sunderers really far away and get picked off running long distances. Add the higher population of NC plus scatmaxes and invisible bouncing betties (yes we have them too but ours for some reason glow like Xmas trees with lasers) airhammers etc and my frustration level is through the roof!

Our voicechat is filled with whining about it - my friends have all quit because of inbalances... I'm sorry bro but something has to get fixed or just make the stupid overpowered weapon available for us all to use.
  18. Patrician

It's really strange that there are constant whines by TR players regarding NC being "over powered" and yet, given roughly equal population, on Miller the TR can regularly gain the majority of any given continent. Now this either means that the TR are just better players than the NC (the law of averages precludes this) or, and this is more likely, their overall effectiveness is equal to both other factions and none are particularly overpowered/underpowered in a general sense.
  19. lilleAllan

For pilots and infantry who are often killed by the Phoenix, I'd like to point out an in game feature, that you might not be aware of.

The WASD-keys on the left side of your keyboard moves your in game character in 4 different directions. To avoid Phoenix rockets simply press one or several of these keys for a short period of time. If you lack the dexterity to press a specific key, just mash your fist crudely against your keyboard. This will still let you dodge most Phoenix missiles.

Hot tip: Even Galaxies, the fat lumbering air whales of Planetside, can outrun a Phoenix-missile.
    • Up x 1
  20. vrcarnage

I love that sound most of the time. It's the mating call of death imo. Because its usually some smurfs watching through a camera. Mean while I flank them and wipe the entire squad w/ a couple c4 and some bullets.