The Only Sound I Hear Fighting the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Phazaar

It's alright, all I hear fighting TR is 'beep beep be-*break for a tree*-beep beep beep', and all I hear fighting VS is 'DING, DING, DING, DI-DING'.
    • Up x 5
  2. Phazaar

As an equally avid Phoenix user and Mossie pilot, I can state without a shadow of a doubt that it -doesn't- OHK ESFs any more than the standard dumbfire does (i.e. not at all). What it does is put you to fire health where two ticks of damage will kill you. This means it's still countered by Fire Suppression (which scares the **** out of a Phoenix users, normally into inaction such that they don't just pwn me with the SAW), and by immediately starting repair manoeuvres (either immediate landing and repair, or barrel roll bail repairs, whichever fits your situation). I think I've died to a Phoenix once in my Mossie. Maybe twice, but I don't think so. And that's from about 2000 deaths.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flashtirade

b-but no one uses fire suppression
  4. ARCStormtrooper

The last time I tested this was yesterday. A Mossie, straight out of the warpgate was hoverspamming when I connected for a OHK with my Phoenix. Never, ever, in all the many ESF take downs I have with my Phoenix has an ESF survived. Immediate destruction. Every single time. I can't comment on fire suppresson. But I can ensure you that several of my OHKs were of undamaged ESFs.
  5. 5ou1

Haha if a phoenix is able to hit your ESF then you deserve to die.
    • Up x 5
  6. Lafladitu

I see this bird everytime I hear those NC using the Phoenix
    • Up x 4
  7. Advanced Darkness

Youre gonna keep seeing this from the BF3 crowd. There isnt that much crap that makes each faction unique (yet) and they complain about it like its an actual problem. We had waaaaaay more stuff than this in PS1 and even though paranoia will make you think the other factions weps are OP or cooler than yours they actually evened things out in a unique sort of way.

People wont take a sec and compare oranges to oranges like they should. You compare the strengths and weakness of one rocket launcher to another rocket launcher. Just because one is camera guided ( Like its been for years......) and while youre flying that missle around standing still , fully exposed, with no way to see whos behind or around you, doesnt mean its OP. Just because one auto locks after a looooong lock on period where youre fully exposed doesnt mean its OP.

Wow its like its...rocket science or something.
    • Up x 1
  8. Advanced Darkness

Seriously..stop hovering. I know what you mean theres a huge blue whistling glowing thing coming at you..you should prob hit your after burners or god forbid strafe.
  9. Phazaar

A counter's a counter. Popular or not. If anyone was getting killed by these things often enough, it would be relatively simple to avoid it. Instead, it's better to use flares so as to avoid the far more numerous lock on launchers, and realise that dying to a Phoenix is a little bit LESS likely than dying to a dumbfire (as the dumbfire will still hit you if the owner is dead, whilst a Phoenix has a good chance of despawning for no good reason).
  10. AssaultPig

if your ESF gets killed by a phoenix, you're a terrible pilot and should go do something else.

it doesn't two shot any tank except the lightning, if you hit it in the rear arc.

I do love the sound though
    • Up x 3
  11. Lepalose

In real-action, the Phoenix is essentially OHK's. You have very little time to react even if you had no prior damage and fire suppression. As well, the lag in battles would add more difficulty in ensuring your survival.

Also, fire suppression is not a counter, but a reactionary ability post taking damage. Saying fire suppression is a counter to Phoenixes is like saying revives are counters for aircraft strikes.

Does the fact that it essentially OHK's make it a strong AA launcher? No, but it is decent enough of a deterrent for air just like the Striker is, and as is the Lancer. That is, you do not stick around as close air support if these ESRL are in the area.

Anyway, the real beef with the Phoenixes is how hard it is to setup and protect sunderers against the Phoenix fire. Or trying to find safety to repair as a tank; its simply not possible anywhere close to the battle lines with NC.
    • Up x 3
  12. COMMANDER K33N

The only sound I hear browsing the forums.

Wining.

Just wining.

Constant wining rushing around you from VS and TR tryhards.

The sound is unwavering up to the moment they are banned (if they ever actually are).
    • Up x 1
  13. Beartornado

That's the sound of our bonus cheques on their way.
    • Up x 2
  14. NC_agent00kevin

That, and youd have to be pretty lucky to hit an ESF with one. It would have to be an unaware hoverpodder, in which case the default RL will OHK that ESF and do so more efficiently. I do it all the time. Even got RocketChicken once :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Amrok1

This is an outright lie.
  16. HadesR

The wailing Banshee .. The scourge of any hovering lolpodders ..

As for OHK ESF's .. It's about 99% dmg with it going boom few seconds later .. So might as well be OHK
  17. Grognard

The phoenix whistling is of the coolest sounds put in the game in my opinion, and makes me not want to play NC so I can hear the ambience... Now SOE gimme my damn old Lancer sounds... THAT was one of my favorite sound effects of all time, right up there with the hell death knights in diablo1.
    • Up x 1
  18. Revanmug

I prefer the NC whistling sound and even the Lancer over the TR ESRL sound...

lock on lock on lock lock on lock on bip bip bip bip bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck*
    lock on lock on lock lock on lock on bip bip bip bip bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck* bip *tuck*
  19. Patrician

Actually its not, but you believe what ever makes you a happy person.
  20. Fredfred

Why I use the Phoenix:
    Magriders
    Mana AV turrets
    Liberators
    Any other annoying vehicles trying to farm us.
    • Up x 1