The Only Sound I Hear Fighting the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FateJH, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Radec594

Get used to it, the Sparrow sounds like a Nebelwerfer.
  2. GraphicJ

Whistling? Nah sounds more like an Eagle in constipated pain as it poops out a giant turd.
  3. Frosty The Pyro

sometimes it does better than others. There are basicly two ways pheonix will render, i call em proper and buggy. in the proper way its just as you would expect. in the buggy way you see the projectile fly strait even when the actual projectile is curving, which while nice for letting you know where the shooter is to flank him for the easy kill, is not nice for letting you dodge or shoot down the missile (and yes its very easy to dodge, even in ground armor, there is a control lag on the pheonix). I frequently see proper rendering, and more so lately than closer to release, but sometimes it still does "buggy" rendering.

As for the pheonix one shotting ESFs, esfs have 1750 health, the phoenix does 1700 damage. it takes 3 seconds to burn to death after the hit. Plenty of time to bail or hit fire supresion. If you are super awesome you miht even try freefall mid air repair, but I wouldnt count on it. If you are overly scared of pheonix you should make a ESF loadout with fire supresion. Though I will let you in on a secret. My Hawk, dispite takeing 3 hits, being counterable by flares, and giving plenty of forwarning, still kills enemy ESFs far more often and reliably than my pheonix does. If you dont wnat to be taged with the pheonix, dont hover for more than 4 seconds at a time and you will be fine. Geting hit by a pheonix in an ESF is like geting taged by a decimater, entirely your own fault.
    • Up x 3
  4. FinnSimmons

With the hit detection in this game? Never! Would be great but won't happen.
    As long as they 't fix the rendering issue I am actually OK with them. leave them rednecks their one toy. What else are they gonna do?
  5. MasterTater

Yea - same image here - plus the manifestation of stupidity to feed a skillfree pay to win cash shop mechanic which sheits out a new OP weapon - specifically for the faction which ALREADY got the most players on which SOE milks with every consecutive item release and caters most to NC exclusively in terms of broken balance.

But thats how it works best - making money with the talent- and skillfree, offering them a cheap pay to win skill prothesis and make tons of money with the soft brain faction.
  6. Zaik

just wait for the sparrow lol, the whistling is so loud the firer can hear it.
  7. St0mpy

Well youre either derping bad, or lying trying to cover up the fact youve not tested it at all, telling you again, go to VR, fire at any ESF with FULL STRENGTH with a phoenix, it will explode with 1 shot, within a couple of seconds of impact.

I could make a youtube video proving it on all 3 ESF, if it was something more technical I would have done already, but ive got better things to do than waste my time proving to someone failing to do such a basic and simple thing that anyone can do.

Btw, I fly mossies, are you trying to tell me the last time my mossie was osk by a phoenix i was what, dreaming? high?

Seems you are the only one thinking this is the case, everyone else knows this to be true. Guess it sucks to be you.
  8. Sunmou

I've hit ESF with a phoenix a couple of times, guess what, Exp damage, no death. Make the video, put up or shut up.
  9. Madmojo

Sparrow is going to be crazy, but I'm looking forward to any new content.
  10. St0mpy

Just because you had a different experience and found the one ESF with some freaky loadout like fire suppression which would catch it on red doesnt invalidate the facts, im not here to hold your hand, test it yourself then tell me im wrong.

You do have VR on your game too, the weapons are free to use, it would take you 3 minutes at best, theres a mossie and a scythe in the left hand group just outside the shooting range. Repeat twice to make sure the second one was full health.

Im not here to waste my morning tubing such basic stuff for someone who cant be bothered to spend 3 minutes checking something for themselves, dont be so fricken lazy. My god the youth of today, expect everything laid out for them at others expense :D
  11. MasonSTL

as Frosty The Pyro has made clear "esfs have 1750 health, the phoenix does 1700 damage" so its not a one hit kill unless you let the thing burn.
    • Up x 1
  12. MasonSTL

LOL "skillfree" says the Vanu and his minimal bullet drop
  13. St0mpy

Exactly! :) Leaving a microbar of health which takes about 2 seconds, there is no saving it once its hit by a phoenix, you bail or die, how is that not OSK?

Something you all would see if you spent as much time testing as you did posting :D

(and dont even get me started again on how ESF with 1 flare can just sit on their target for an additional 11 seconds with a Striker user beeping them and trying to target them before being able to fire ONE shot off at it. Then even if every shot of that salvo lands, it STILL needs another 3.5 second lock and another salvo to kill it, compared to the Phoenix, 1 shot, no lock, no beep warning, result, bail or die)
  14. Ouch Electric

Actually, since that didn't work, they just countered them by making them suck. So, to counter the phoenix now, just log in, and bam you win.
    • Up x 1
  15. St0mpy

Right, except its not 2 ticks of damage, doesnt need more damage, once the phoenix hits the fire is bad enough to burn out in a couple of seconds if you dont have fire suppression, and if you are a mossie pilot too, you know yourself few in the field actually use FS compared to the other choices in that slot.

So the counter to that is, well I could use it and be a bit more protected against phoenix, and the reply is that would be giving up other choices in that slot needed to counter more common threats, and the counter, well then youll die to phoenix, so the reply, so OSK for NC is fine but I cant do that with a striker, TTK on esf is 16 seconds with both locks beeping the hell out of them, add a flare, the most common used in that slot anyway, 20 seconds, not 2 seconds, and if they arent unusually using FS its a death, and the counter?....

oh and i dont think itll scare anyone using a weak loadout to change a burn into enough to land, i expect theyll just laugh and plonk one on your head while you repair :D
  16. MasonSTL

So you want to compare play time and forum time between you and I? OK!

You:
    Forum Messages-1,039
    BR-54
    Time played-36 days 12 hours
    SPM-64.4

Me:
    Forum Messages-74
    BR-50
    Time played-20 days 16 hours
    SPM-93.9

By the way, as some else has already pointed out, if you are getting killed by the phoenix that much in your mozzy (which is pretty sad, ESF are hard to hit unless you're hovering still for a long while) cert into the fire suppressor.
    • Up x 2
  17. Epic High Five

I didn't think the OP was whining, just making an observation. Phoenix owns, but come on now if you're going to complain about it being OP against air. You may as well complain about stock sundies rampaging through armor columns - it's something that's only going to happen if the victim is Thrice Bad.

Tanks though, have it rough. The reason I love the Phoenix is popping a lightning/MBT in the butt and just demolishing them, or even better strafing around WITH the magrider as he tries to evade my missile. I don't like how vulnverable this makes me to air attacks, but that's what my burster MAX is for.

Is there anything in the world more NC than Jackhammer/Commish/Phoenix?
  18. St0mpy

LOL! I have no idea what prompted your dick swinging, thats just my oldest EU server account with many deaths from learning the game and testing before VR arrived

What about my other accounts in the US? Im mostly on night shifts and even Miller is boringly quiet at 2am (my time) so I have another account on Waterson where 2am my time is only 9pm in the evening, that ones got a 140.5 SPM as I speak ... which I dont really think is that great of a score, im only an average player, but in reply to your swinging, mine swings too :D :D

Oh and i spend time on the forums because i cant always play, so forumside is a bad surrogate till i can get some pew pew in :D Im not exactly sure what you are trying to prove with the forum comparison, anyway its good researching here, better to learn by others mistakes etc etc...and I keep on top of all the daily news, new youtubes, changes to weapon ttks etc
  19. Rhapsody

Its because were all singing this while shooting at you :p :
  20. Jonesing25

All I think from replies like this..

Are you trying to spell 'whining' or 'winning' .....