THE NEW SOE ALL ACCESS PLAN & FAQ

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Bortasz

Can we pleas get the Planetside 1 as F2P ?
  2. HadesR

Hopefully that doesn't include fix's to the bugs .. Auto cap flipping bug / exploit I'm looking at you...
  3. Bindlestiff

There, I fixed it for you.
  4. strikebrch

You fixed nothing dude -_-

At least say what are those "legitimate reasons" you speak about , would be more useful than your previous answer for those of us who are not well informed on the problem.
  5. Bindlestiff

Fair point.

1. For those that just play Planetside 2, the 2000SC value token was nothing but a complete and utter waste of time. There are hardly any items in PS2 that cost that much, and those that are (or are close) are simply recoloured versions of items you can get for 700SC (350SC if you are patient and wait for a sale). So that 2000SC value, as was said by numerous people including myself, could just as well have been 25,000SC value for the actual difference it makes in game. Seriously, what were you going to do when all the high value (cosmetically different) items were all bought? Your marginal utility with each purchase decreases.

2. Sales. With the single 2000SC value token you could pick just a single item each month. You had no ability to take advantage of the 28-31 daily sales each month (x2 if you are a member which you ALREADY pay a premium for the option of doing) without buying additional station cash of your own. People like hoarding currency until THEY are ready to buy when the deal THEY want is available. Forcing a "use it or lose it" decision would mean people simply get the choice of when they purchase removed, and are also then forced to buy items that they possibly don't even want just to spend it. With 500SC that can be saved after claiming, you can hoard to your hearts content, taking advantage of as many deals, buying as many items as you want without restriction. That is the key bit - without restriction.

3. Restriction on items. The wording basically said that Player Studio items were not included (simply THE best content being delivered since most if not all the SOE stuff is generic and bland crap), and SOE reserved the right to remove whatever else it wanted to from the "upgraded service" whenever it pleased.

4. The way it was presented, as an 'upgrade' to our service, was seen for what it was - cheap unfounded marketing spin that offended the intelligence of a large number of people. The state of the game wasn't great and this marketing nonsense was the straw that broke the camels back for many. People unsubscribed heavily as a result. In fact we could say this crap was the precursor to the heavy handed "Upgrade Now" button and popups.

There were other reasons, but these were the main four. We weren't alone either, the Everquest forums were alight with the same responses.

Edit: See also https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2014-membership-update-from-smed.166604/ , https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...the-changes-to-our-subscription-plans.166580/ and https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...rvice-announcement-premium-membership.166053/ for more detailed reading.
  6. Amarsir

Unfortunately this multi-party conversation goes back several months now, but I can clarify for you.

The "2000sc item" plan had a large number of exclusions. Nothing from the Players' Studio, no bundles, no splitting it among smaller items, no benefiting from sales, and no saving up for future releases. And I believe holiday items were to be excluded too. So while there was some appeal to newer subscribers who saw the chance to get 700sc weapons they didn't have yet, a lot of the long-term customers (who quite rightly point out how much they've supported the game) saw little left for them to get. The expectation was they'd pick up those pricey black or gold versions of weapons they already have, and then nothing but camos they won't use. This compared to the 500sc they were getting under the old system was a downgrade.

So this "claim 500sc" plan was suggested instead as an alternative, and better received. Sure, some people would have made out better under the "free item" plan. (Myself included.) But this is no worse than the prior system, so we can't really complain.
    • Up x 1
  7. strikebrch

Sounds fair to me ; i just recently subscribed (2 days ago) because of the benefits (500 SC monthly + offers)
  8. strikebrch

Ok just finished reading both Bindlestiff info and Amarsir reply ....i like the new plan....the old one would have made a negative impact on my long term experience.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ronin Oni

Can't transfer account...

however you can create an SOE account if you're in EU and it will stay SOE.

Probably too late for you... but make sure to tell your friends who you get into it.
  10. JibbaJabba

Awesome! I'll go ahead and cancel my 12month renewal now instead of waiting on my calendar reminder.

I f'n told you that you wouldn't get another penny after that Camo crap!

(and nerfing Maxes to oblivion after spending SC on the weapons, and a bajillion other overzealous nerfsticks you keep using on SC items...oh and also warned you about this having to "claim" your SC. If I want to take a month of vacation from the game I don't want you automatically charging me $5 in station cash).
  11. Bu11ish

This actually all sounds very reasonable. Good job SOE.
  12. Mugs

is there now a new way to buy a membership as a EU guy with PayPal ? I have a SOE acc, life here in europe and have no credit card. I cant even buy a gametime-card at my local gamestop, because EU...
    Pls say yes :(
  13. Rich9115

it still is irritating me that the servers have been down for so long, whats the issue?
  14. Fenrisk

I currently have a 1 years subscription running on auto renew.

If I buy another years subscription while already subscribed will this increase the amount of subscription time I have? and will it change the renew date to be a year later then it currently is?

Do I need my subscription on auto renew to get my monthly station cash? and other benefits?
  15. BuzWeaverPS2

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next, Landmark and H1Z1) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available.
    This is incredibly misleading. I currently have an All Access membership. When I logged into PS2 yesterday it indicated that I was at the Silver Membership Level. If I had paid for a month, three months, six months or a year membership, I'd have full access (Gold). As it stands I essentially have 1/3 or 1/4 membership until I accumulate additional months.

On July 10th, I was billed the full amount for all access. I wasn't discounted 1/3 or 1/4 for playing PS2 until an accumulative amount of time had been reached in PS2.
    There are multiple membership loyalty levels in PlanetSide 2, as this is your first three months of being a member in PlanetSide 2 your are currently at the Silver level. As long as you are a reoccurring member your loyalty level will continue to increase up to the Auraxium level. I hope this clears things up, I have included a link below with more information on membership and if there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Its either All Access with full membership or its not. It looks incredibly misleading. On top of paying for All Access, in PS2 you have to demonstrate you're worthy of All Access, where is the 1/3 or 1/4 loyalty level price?
  16. BuzWeaver

Testing forums in reference to the above post.