The EM1 !#@$^& SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by badname123, May 25, 2013.

1. Littleman

The EM1 is actually a swiss army knife among the NC LMG's. It doesn't fail anywhere, but it doesn't exceed anywhere either. It can do CQC very well with an adv. laser and is still very accurate out to long range without a fore-grip. The T16 Rhino is coincidentally also very accurate before the fore-grip as well, being the adv. fore-grip cousin the the EM1. Either way, most kills done 80m+ out are done via sniper rifles and pot shots at wounded foes. After all, who the hell holds still for fear of a head shot? The TTK is horrendously long at long range as a result.
  2. Hypergrip

I use the EM1 with silencer, slug ammo, forward grip and a 6x scope. In this configuration it's even more underwhelming in close quarters than unmodified, but I found the combination of large magazine and relatively quick reload time very useful for suppressing fire at medium range. I see it as a support weapon and use it in that way. If you're looking for a real "assault" weapon, look somewhere else...
  3. Wrel Developer

200 rounds with extended Magazine, decent rate of fire. Closest thing I'll get to an MCG on my NC character.
  4. badname123

what........ i own this gun and this sentence conflicts with my experience.

you mean single shot ? o_O
  5. RedCabbage

More love for the EM1 and Polaris!
    They both have a slightly slower rate of fire than weapons like the Orion and Carv, but this means they are better over slightly longer distances because they are more controllable. High mag size means you can take down a ton of enemies before reloading, and fairly quick reload means you will rarely get caught with your pants down (even more so with the EM1). For medium to longer ranges, theres no question that the Gauss SAW, TMG-50 and Flare are better options, but the EM1 is by no means a bad gun.
  6. Epic High Five

If you're NC you should be using the SAW, period.

CQC just use a shotgun or, alternately, just stick your SAW in their gut and kill them in 5/8 of a second.
  7. Bankrotas

I'd rather use knife than Saw
  8. Epic High Five

• Up x 1
  9. badname123

So what does this gun need? more attachment options? higher ROF? more damage?
    faster bullets?

I do enjoy spamming a corridor with the 200 round mag. The vertical recoil is controllable but i would still like a compensator.

The general consensus is the EM1 is subpar.

What i think this needs..... slower COF bloom during sustained fire.
  10. Bankrotas

11. Word Of Madness

12. OmgWtfImba

13. Word Of Madness

14. Alchonis

ok I use the EM1 I have Auraxium medal with it and I use the following attachments,
    Extended mag - because having half all your ammo in 1 magazine is awesome
    Flash suppresser - because I can get more shots off before im spotted and im not blinded by my own gun
    Soft point ammo - because the bullet velocity(which is such an underrated stat) is high enough that losing a bit isn't much of a problem.
    X1 Reflex sight - because there is no x2 :(

I love this gun, I find I can control it very well and it works well out to 150m im on something like 1100 kills with it now.
    I never have to reload its awesome and even when I do its like -4s for 200 bullets :D
    Its also brilliant at downing a max it makes them flinch like ****.
    Jus for reference I have 2300 odd kills with my NC6 Gauss saw, 866 kills with the GD - 22S, and ive got like 120 kills with the Gauss saw S which ive recently started using.
  15. Bhudda V1

having used the em1i for about 300ish kills myself, the for grip doesn't seem to do much and a hip fire difference with the adv laser on the em1 is i find useless most of the time so rolling the 1x with a extended mag, soft point and a suppressor randomly is somewhat viable, mainly using the suppressor to hide my presence and my mussle flash without the auto accuracy cut and keeping me a little more under the radar especially useful at night of course.

getting down to brass tacks the em1 is a tr lmg stolen by the nc and repainted with some minor differences and one interesting difference

-worst first shot recoil modifier of 100 round lmgs
    -it's the fastest reloading 100 round lmg in the game <- interesting side note to give some hint of what i think it's suppose to be in the grand scheme of the weapon
    -has access to the extended mags

for the rest of the differences are effectively non existent (short list right!)

it seems to me that it's just a corridor bullet hose to keep people behind corners and to give more general fire than the other nc lmgs for longer with a relatively short down time, with the ability to be ready faster and the fastest rof (for nc lmg's) being more forgiving in CQC making the laser a interesting choice but (in my mind) ultimately lose out to what the gun seems more designed for, what is as high volume of constant fire as possible in a general area

still a interesting weapon in the nc lmg arsenal as all the other weapons are made for longer ranges except the anchor of course
  16. KnightCole

Lol, anyone who is giving props to the EM1 for having ex-mag, the EM6 has ExMag as well, butit will actually kill something with its 167-143dmg. Atleast they lowered the price on the EM1...I might unlock it at some point now that it is not 1000 certs.
  17. badname123

When the servers are running smooth and my FPS is high i do good with this gun. It must be my low fps that makes it suck. when players start jittering around then the EM1 will suffer greatly due to it's low damage.

However when a base is 30 seconds away from falling into enemy hands i quit ******* around drop the Em1 and grab my guass saw.

I've used it as a corridor suppressing bullet hose to good effect although high ROF guns are terrible with 10 fps.

I say remove the ext. attachment and give it 200 rounds by default thus freeing up room for a laser or foregrip. 200 round adv laser spammy gun sounds more fun to me.

200 rounds default is a good idea? no extended mag of course.
  18. Goretzu

It's outperformed by the Anchor, EM6, GD-22, Gauss SAW S in that role and I wouldn't surprised if close assault specced NC6 SAW (as bad as they are in that role) wouldn't outperform it either. :confused:

Its DPS is just far, far, far too low.
  19. badname123

Another session with it.

My results...

I held down a stair that enemies kept trying to come up until i ran out of ammo and health. due to no support players. bad players.
    Most of them were able to get shots off on me due to the guns low dps (the enemy, not my team) i stayed on target so i dropped them first.

In VR while aiming at the furthest ai bot in the shooting range, you can get off about 17 shots to the body before the cof turns the accuracy into suppression mode, i.e. spew boolets everywhere.

More than one head shot at medium/long ranges is out of the question. You must quickly pull down after the first shot to the head or your shots will miss the body and the COF bloom will make you miss more shots.

I can work with this 143 damage but i need the COF to stay tighter for longer.

Although.... this gun is useless in laggy low FPS fights it does a good job at holding down a firering lane when vanu aren't shooting me in the back. But I'm afraid once i get my auraxium medal with it i will have no reason to use it again. I'll go back to the guass saw and proceed to HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER SPLAT people again.

I was doing okay with it today. Holding down firing lanes and such until i run out of ammo, health and good team mates.
    it has about a 900 kill learning curve before you become a master with it.
    It's low DPS is terrible for close quarters fights although it can hold down a stairwell and you will take return fire hits for each kill until you either run out of health ammo or run into a good player with a better weapon.
    The weapon has endurance with the extended magazine, simply aim at an area where you don't want enemies to stick their heads out and hold the trigger down.

After mastering it i still want to go back to the guass saw so that alone tells me the gun needs a tweak.
    I may have fallin in love with the extended magazine buuut... the EM6 does more damage and can use an extended magazine so i may or may not try that.
  20. Casterbridge

I gave this gun a try, because as mentioned earlier the stats seem to resemble the t-16, and I really like that gun. In the end I was quite disappointed.