The EM1 !#@$^& SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by badname123, May 25, 2013.

1. Psykmoe

Oh please, let's stick to the facts. NC is only the worst on LMG velocities, and then it's not even that bad.

The TR has the worst velocity for assault rifles, hell, their best velocity AR (SABR) is on par with our second worst (GR-22, Carnage, Gauss S), and their worst (TRV) is still slower than our worst velocity AR. And of course, NC starting assault rifle has the best best velocity of any infantry weapon.

Also, every TR carbine except the T5 AMC has terrible velocity (just as every NC Assault rifle except the Reaper has good velocity).

The TR has exactly 1 LMG with higher velocity than the NC LMGs, that's the T16 Rhino. We have 1 LMG that is worse than any TR LMG at velocity (EM6).

VS has the best LMG velocities because their worst still has 600 and it's only up from there.

VS is very middle of the road for carbines. None with really awful velocity, but also none like the T5 AMC or Razor (their best carbine velocity is 515). Same for their assault rifles. None that get really bad (590 at worst) but none as quick as the Gauss Rifle (CME at 630 is best).

Basically, VS wins LMG velocities, NC wins assault rifle velocities (with VS close second), and TR/NC are kind of tied on carbines...TR's best is 10m/s faster than our fastest, but all other TR carbines are worse than ours.

I doesn't seem that bad to me, especially since at around 600m/s, it stops making much of a difference at most practical ranges. I never though the SAW was real slow, and the T16 Rhino and Ursa may have 640m/s but they also put out less damage.

Also, clearly, even with gauss tech it would still depend on the length of the accelerator assembly and how much power you're pumping into it. You could probably adjust velocity on the fly with gauss tech, but if you load a mudfoot down with too many gadgets, buttons and dials, he'll just get shot by a gunpowder weapon while he checks a display ;)

To stay more on topic: I consider the EM1 merely adequate among a selection of Good Guns, so it looks worse by comparison. It's functional but....doesn't look very well thought out.
  2. Chubrokoli

Always those stupid comments with gauss saw
    • Up x 4
  3. Chubrokoli

Maybe i mixed them up.:)
  4. Badname0192

Yes the T16 Bull.(That's what the EM1 is with TR skin) is only slightly good and it's supposed to be yet another weapon that allows you to move from indoors to outdoors. Indoors it works kind of okay CQB, it's meh and will get you by. Outdoors it's medium range is above par and long range is like a clogged toilet, ugly and not something you really -want- to deal with.

No they are not railguns.

I recommend it now only if you want something that feels TR yet are not playing as TR at the time.
  5. Psykmoe

Well, it's true we lose out on LMG velocities, but at least we don't lose as hard as most TR carbines and assault rifles do. ;)
  6. NiteJazz

What would you expect? you have a perfectly good weapon that you start out with and you complain about 1 weapon that is not up to par? Always stupid threads about how worthless weapons are.
  7. Chubrokoli

We have a 500rpm weapon that is **** at CQC its not the god saw its just a normal weapon.
    • Up x 2
  8. NiteJazz

Watch this then
  9. Badname0192

When I am clearing buildings with the Gauss Saw, I fail to see where it sucks at CQC :D!
  10. shadowkhat

K/D means nothing... its a stupid stat left over from COD kiddies that think thats how you measure how "good " you are... in planetside and less so in planetside 2 there are things that are just as important is killing that will never ever ever add to your K/D so makes that state useless and anyone that says k/d this or that well.. dumb

as for the EM1 same with the guass SAW its decent once you've dumped hundreds of certs into it, something i've only done in VR ( and still find it to be a little lacking) the SAW is a great gun... once you add advance forward grip,compensator, good sight, till then its sub par compared to the other factions stock HA LMG EM1 can be decent... but there are other guns that fill its role better with less certs. yet another reason ALL NC weapons need a major balance pass
  11. Reis

Ok, lets buff it to 153.

If that's all it takes to make people happy (haha).

If it were bumped up to 167, then it would be flat better than most NC LMGs, but 153 is fine.

Hey, are there any 153 damage weapons in the game so far? I want to see how it stacks up.

Let's see now.

143 x 7 = 1001, 1 above stock HP.

167 x 6 = 1002, 2 above stock HP.

153 x 6 = 918, 82 below stock HP, aside from Infs. Oh, so I can kill infiltrators slightly faster than all other classes, thanks TC.

153 x 7 = 1071, 71 above stock HP. That's cool, I didn't want the TTK to change anyways.
    • Up x 1
  12. THUGGERNAUT

OP is absolutely correct, EM1 sucks mega balls, the EM6 is straight up better for general purpose fighting.
    • Up x 1
  13. Caydn

I like it , great gun
  14. Sirez

Lol, what? The default SAW is awesome in CQC. It's essentially a slug shotgun. Even with a compensator on it I can still get hipfire kills at close range without even trying.
  15. Chubrokoli

It is possible to CQC with Gauss saw but if you miss 2-3 shots and your opponent is a average shooter then you get killed most times because of the high spread. Anyway everyone has its own playstyle and favorite weapons.
  16. KnightCole

Lol, I have Nano4 and yea, I will get Nano5, as well as resist 5 and restore kit 4.....

I dont have that issue so much with the 167 and 200dmg guns, but with 143s,. yeah, I often would die with the target having 1 tick left.

Ive gotten alot better at shooting, so I do considerably better....headshots is where its at. Cant argue with double daamge.
  17. Unclematos7

You obvviously haven't seen the VX29 Polaris. It's the worst of the 652 RPM LMGs and here's why.
    Unlike the other two it has a substantial pull to the right.
    It can take an Advanced laser sight and.......a compensator.

Here's my theory on the state of mind of the guy who designed them.
    When he was sober he designed the T16 Rhino.
    Then he drank a bottle and designed the EM1.
    Then he drank another bottle and designed the VX29 Polaris.
    • Up x 1
  18. RobotNinja

The EM6 is generally the recommended LMG for close-mid range engagements, guass for mid-long range. The EM6 is more versatile but not as great at "LMG sniping" as the standard guass. Seriously though...you can snipe people with a Gauss Saw and make them cry tears.
  19. Mxiter

I just avoid to use every kind of 143/652 weapons.

The're supposed to be all rounders, but
    -Clearly lacks of DPS at close range.
    -Get 143 weapons horrible horizontal recoil and damage degradation at long range.

They're just good at medium ranges where close/long range weapons are both still effective.

The list is pretty long:

VS:
    -CME
    -Equinox
    -solstice SF
    -Polaris

TR:
    -T5 AMC
    -T16
    -T32

NC:
    -EM1

NS weapons are okay by the 0.75 move ADS mult, better recoil and betters COFs, but the others are pretty weak (VS's ones get better COF too but don't get the 0.75 move ADS mult).

Finally, NC don't have to complain about EM1 that is the ony one 143/652 weapons to polluate them arsenal.
  20. Titan552

Hell... I'm all for it being buffed, but its my favorite NC LMG. It handles like a AR with a 200 round clip. It it had a little bit more range I certainly wouldn't complain.