The EM1 !#@$^& SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by badname123, May 25, 2013.

1. badname123

This gun is a handicap if players who roflstomp with a guass saw need a challenge.

It can use an extended mag and is good for suppressing...

AAaaaand that's all the sugar coating i can do for this turd.

This gun sucks and it needs some "adjusting".

It does 143 damage. I want that bumped up to 153.

Preferably 153 at 20 meters and 135 at 100 meters. It's not accurate at long range so buffing the long range damage isn't going to break the game.

I don't mind the recoil or anything like that but the gun is just weak.

I use it because it looks cool but i end up losing bases because it struggles to kill 1 guy while i get a 5 kill streak with the guass saw. If every NC used the EM1 we would most likely be stuck in warpgate.

It sucks at close quarters due to its low damage and the ADS cone of fire doesn't tighten fast enough so you miss allot of shots with an already weak gun. Its poor accuracy weak damage and high side to side recoil make it horrible for any medium/long range engagements but the side to side recoil is good for spraying tight groups of enemies.

Again i don't want the accuracy or recoil improved just the damage.

These are railguns aren't they?
    • Up x 3
  2. Ohmlink

Gauss weapons and rail weapons aren't the same, the end result is similiar.

In respects to the EM1, its an ok gun designed to be used in closer ranges. I feel it does fine in that role.
    • Up x 1
  3. badname123

Do you use it in big battles? Do you use it allot? Was it just some trial use where all the enemies were standing still? Give me some examples of your experience with it.

My experience with it is that it's inferior to the guass saw and only good in certain situations.

My K/D doesn't lie. EM1 needs some work.
  4. Ohmlink

I'm not gonna say go hip fire it but within about 35 meters is performs just fine.

Only the default guns tend to be "good" at about everything. Most "side-grades" tend to specialize in some way. I use the EM1 during close range engagements. Think towers or inside bases. It's not the SAW don't use it like it is. If you feel the need to shoot someone farther out, burst 5-10 shots. This helps extend the range on any weapon.

In respects to your K/D as long as you make it your most important stat, it will probably never be good enough.
  5. badname123

K/D is one way to measure it's performance. Another was is to measure how many battles were lost due to a weapons poor performance.

The EM1 is a good gun to train people as you have to use it a certain way and it forces you to play smart or die allot.

Lately with the big lattice battles and the performance hit my EM1 performance has also suffered.

Is it stupid to use a gun because it has a sexy model?

Whatever the case i do believe it needs some sort of adjustment. Maybe +50 muzzle velocity or +7 damage or a ADS COF that tightens faster than it does now.

I have the urge to buy attachments for it (besides the extended magazine) but from my experience on my TR char no matter how many certs you throw at a gun you can't fix a sub par gun.
  6. Chubrokoli

I know EM1 is garbage because of its ROF, it has the highest ROF of all NC LMG's BUT it has a lower ROF than other Faction LMG's with the same damage
    • Up x 6
  7. badname123

Worst LMG in the game Y/N?
  8. Jogido

I use it pretty well, but hey...I would welcome a buff :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Protostar

There are 3 (or 4, I can't remember) 652 RoF LMG's spread across the 3 factions and they all suck ***. However, in these threads someone always pipes up "Oh it's not that bad blah blah blah" when in fact yes, it is that bad. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been killed by a VX29 Polaris, T16, T32 or an EM1...combined. These weapons are the digital incarnation of the word mediocre and they need some kind of change to make people actually want to use them instead of constantly reaching for a TMG-50, or an SVA-88 or an EM6.
    • Up x 3
  10. lilleAllan

I'm not a big stat jocky, but the numbers on this weapon is pathetic.
    652 rpm at 143 dmg for a CQC weapon? Aside from extended mags I don't see any reason not to use the anchor or even NS LMG over this. And if you want extended mags, you're probably better off with the EM6.
    • Up x 3
  11. Damballah

I guess I'm not understanding the EM1 hate on the boards. It is absolutely identical to the TR T16 Rhino, which groups like the Enclave love, and currently have as a mandated loadout. The only difference is the ADV forward grip is available on the Rhino. The EM1 has an extremely manageable recoil and pattern, and has a pretty good RPM for an LMG.

I've been running the Anchor which I love, but that 50 round mag annoys the **** out of me. Again, it's a 143 dmg 652 RPM vs the EM6 which people love being a 167 at 600 RPM.

Seems more like a play style choice to me. Some just like putting more rounds down range at the expense of damage. I just don't see where it's that bad. Oh and if you are really rolling a tight CQC area you should be running a shotgun not an LMG regardless.

I think a lot of people get a bad taste in their mouth from having used some of these guns in beta or early PS2 and havent played with them since the LMG balance.

You really should watch the Enclave video stream. They dominate all day long with the T16, so I don't know what that guy up there is talking about. They swapped from the TMG to the T16 I think a week or two ago.
    • Up x 3
  12. TeknoBug

I bought the EM1 when it was on sale a couple months ago and regretted it even @ 250SC. It's a terrible weapon indeed, the EM6 is better.
  13. TeknoBug

It doesn't perform anything like the T16 Rhino, the GD-22S would be more like the T16 minus the smaller magazine.
    TE using the T16? I thought the TMG-50 was their standard issue LMG.
  14. TriumphOfMan

Was changed. Nerf to foregrips, T16 buff, and general hit detection issues combined with ADADAD spam were the main reasons.
  15. Revanmug

I use it most of the time. That and the EM6. Way more useful than the SAW. Than again, I never stay at long range with a LMG. Bolt action are just way better at that role.
  16. Damballah

Yeah I specifically heard buzz say "if you haven't made the switch get it done"

Also don't look at a spreadsheet that may or may not be updated. In game the stats on the EM1 and T16 are identical except the t16 has 40 more velocity and the EM1 reloads faster. The T16 has an adv foregrip but the EM1 has such manageable recoil that it doesn't really matter. Damage and RPM and COFs are identical.
  17. badname123

Do you even use the EM1 for more than a trial period ??? I feel as if some of these comments are coming from people who have never used it for extended periods. i.e. longer than a trial.

I'M PLAYING WITH IT RIGHT NOW. EVERY DAY.
  18. Chubrokoli

When i trialed the weapon it felt like wtf that garbage for 1000certs but in the other way i thought the EM1 gets better with the forward grip(that was before VR was introduced) i was wrong. I used it with forward grip but i always thought 200 shots sound good only to notice that the recoil is nothing(even without forward grip) but the spread is the big problem and the ROF. All in all i changed to EM6 only to recognize that it is much better for me especially because of the higher damage. The EM1 is not a good weapon you can accustom to it or not.
  19. Damballah

Dude it's a higher ROF low damage gun. If you want the big damage then you shouldn't be using the EM1 at all ever. You should be on the saw or em6 non stop. It's all on play style, that's why you go on these forums and you can find someone saying every gun in the game is **** because people play differently.
  20. ColdCheezePizza

Exactly, the rof needs to stay the same but the damage buff'd to keep in line with the NC trait of hard hitting weapons.
    • Up x 3